• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. lewys

EP3 Power Steering - Can you remove it?

Only when parking. Doubt it would be too heavy when driving normally. I imagine it would be if you had power steering that wasn't working mind (hence the question about the standard EPS).
  2. lewys

Yh I found that, but that would be heavier and more work to install than just a manual rack IMO.
  3. lewys

Haven't been on here for a while, but looking to purchase an ep3 for a track car and have 1 thing bugging me! The EPS system! Have been looking on the interwebs and found this thread...
  4. lewys

Unleaded vs super

I'm not going to argue mate lol, I have no knowledge of the subject to be honest just going on what I have been told/shown!
  5. lewys

Unleaded vs super

That's fine then lol. Don't shoot the messenger! Like I said personal preference. I would try and find the pictures they put up of the different fuels but I cba. What would I get 10 brownie points?
  6. lewys

Unleaded vs super

Personal preference. Friends with a guy that runs a dyno place and they did a lot of testing and supermarket fuel came out the worst on the dyno. They took some supermarket fuel and not sure how, but found out the supermarket fuel had water (amoung other stuff) in it.
  7. lewys

Unleaded vs super

Must admit I agree that super doesn't really affect the performance much on N/A. However since my turbo days I have been converted to super! Specifically shell v power (round the corner from me). 2nd would be tesco momentum and then at a push BP super. NEVER supermarket fuel. Its not just the...
  8. lewys

Halo/Angel Eyes for Facelift?

Never been a fan of angel eyes or after-market headlights. I did have a set on my old mk4 golf, but that was purely because I needed new headlights, and got a set of hella ones cheaper than standard ones. Facelift headlights have projectors as well, so you can *almost* say they are legal -...
  9. lewys

Stevo's Turbo CW and Nismo 370Z

Swimming in the jello sea right now!
  10. lewys

Rota Slipstreams on an EP3 type R?

lol fair enough, I will take that onboard! I think it's a good idea to leave this as it is now. It's nice to mass debate every now and then!
  11. lewys

on* my EP3, yes they were. They were ****. Didn't realise how poor quality team heko were. So I have taken them off. Anything else? Glad to see you went to that extent to try and get 1 up on me though. Bravo! To add to that though replica wind deflectors - ****, won't kill you (unless there...
  12. lewys

no need to retaliate calling me a cheapskate then when it's quite the opposite is there? Like I said, I like Rota's. But if I wanted to buy cheap replicas I would buy inovit. If I wanted decent wheels I would buy works etc. Glad to hear you have bought proper wheels for the 370z ;)
  13. lewys

Still on your high horse then?
  14. lewys

Aren't all wheels "actual wheels" made to do a job? If I wanted cheap copies that "do a job" I would buy Inovit's because they are cheap.
  15. lewys

LOL you seriously want to go down that road?? I don't think you quite got what I was saying ......... My point is I am not going to pay over £500 for a set of what is essentially rip-off cheap copy wheels. I would rather pay £1500-£2000 for genuine wheels. I used to have a £1500 audi A3. I...
  16. lewys

How much were the F452's seperate? I personally wouldn't pay over £500 (without rubber) for replica wheels. It just seems ridiculous to me.
  17. lewys

Not normal driving no! There have been odd times when under serious load they have buckled. My issue with rota's is more aimed at them being an expensive copy. I like rota's I just wouldn't pay the money for them.
  18. lewys

Personally I wouldn't buy rota. I don't understand how copy wheels can be so expensive?? Maybe look at Inovit. They do copies but are not as expensive as Rota. Same issues as rota obviously but you aren't paying ridiculous money for them.
  19. lewys

wheel colour??

silver and white works for me quite nicely. However after my last attempt at white wheels ........... never again! Black for an easy life 100%
  20. lewys

Quick response needed please 215/45 or 40 /17 on evo 8 wheels CTR ep3

215/45 is what I am running. Don't think I could cope with 40's!
  21. lewys

Accord Tourer Type-S

I heard that the diesels had a lot of issues? I may have heard that from the cat's left testicle mind. I did think about 1 of these but the idea of a 2.4 with 188bhp in a big car didnt really fill me with too much confidence, having said that I haven't driven one like others ^
  22. lewys

My S15

VERY jealous of that driveway!
  23. lewys

FN2 Focus RS MK2 Vents Fitted

I like them! Wouldn't look as nice on an ep3 though I don't think but definitely suit the FN2
  24. lewys

aftermarket steering wheel

I would suggest not doing this as then if another airbag has a fault you wont know. Then again I wouldnt recommend taking the airbag out in the first place! But each to their own.
  25. lewys

aftermarket steering wheel

Yup - Resistor in the connector. This is how we do it at work. I would put a resistor in and use electrical tape to hold it in. That way if you ever were to put an airbag back in you still have the connector attached.
  26. lewys

Tango One One

very tidy! I would facebook like the shizz out of this!
  27. lewys

Can't believe it..EP3

I also have a similar sound on mine I think. Put it down to my gearbox on the way out so am pressuming it will need a rebuild sooner or later! What mileage have the cars got?
  28. lewys

Do you think my car has been lowered?

looks standard to me
  29. lewys

Compact Sub Install?

Just a little update I went for one of these ....... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vibe-Auto-8-Active-900-Watt-Amplified-Slim-Underseat-Car-Sub-Subwoofer-Bass-Box-/251273504485?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a811166e5#ht_1359wt_1170 It is a little too large to hide completely under the seat...
  30. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

I just have put ds2500s on!
  31. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

I know :( Everytime i get out the car now I look and want to scream "WHY YOU NOT CLEAN"
  32. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

33. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

new shoes fitted! :)
  34. lewys

Quick Fitting Question - Sportex Mid "B" Pipe

Why would i waste my time starting a new thread when i can type a few words in to the search bar to find something? Im not a simpleton. Whenever I type something in the search bar it comes back to the new posts thread.
  35. lewys

Well I would use the search bar but it doesnt work for me! I will probably just pop down Honda then and get myself new gaskets and bolts! Saves the hassle when I snap a bolt etc.
  36. lewys

Hi Guys! Recently ordered an unsilenced sportex b pipe, wanted to ask a few questions ...... Mine only arrived as the b pipe, no gaskets or bolts ..... do they all arrive like this?? Did people use the ones they already had when fitting or is it advisable to get new ones before hand? Also the...
  37. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

cheers :) the calipers all I did was put in ebay caliper paint and found "pearlescent caliper paint" and that colour is Cadbury purple. All you do is clean them with a wire brush and give it a few coats :)
  38. lewys

Cosmic caliper colour?

I have cadbury purple. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?88859-2005-cosmic-grey-EP3
  39. lewys

Compact Sub Install?

I listen to all sorts in all honesty! I have always been a sucker for sound quality, never been "more is better" so probably going to look at a decent 10"
  40. lewys

Compact Sub Install?

Was wondering if anybody had done a sub install without losing much (if any) space? Looked at under-seat subs, or clever storage subs (ones which go in the spare wheel space, alpine do a very shallow sub set up which sits on the floor of the boot) but im not sure how good they would all be...
  41. lewys

MiKeY's Euro R CL7

love these. They were out of my budget when I was buying a motor though :( nice 1 you have for yourself there as well!
  42. lewys

After a bit of advice - Misfire

Took it to Honda Coventry, on the basis that they would give me a report and then I would take it back to the garage to get fixed. First they said valve clearances, so they did them but it was still misfiring so they went into further investigation and are saying that they think it is injector 1...
  43. lewys

Im still in warranty from the garage i bought it off but they need a garage report before they do any work so I may just take it to a garage for them to diagnose properly and get a report together so I can take it back to the garage i bought it off
  44. lewys

^ found this, and it may tie up with my issue!
  45. lewys

I dont get any smoke or anything. And when i drove it to and from the garage to get code read it drove fine apart from the misfire on idle. no strange noises either
  46. lewys

It was lower than the bottom pip as you say but not by too much. Had it code read this morning and it comes back with 5 faults. cylinder 1 misfire cylinder 2 misfire cylinder 3 misfire cylinder 4 misfire random misfire on all cylinders I was thinking maybe a timing issue? something to do with...
  47. lewys

Right, I was after a bit of advice about a misfire. So I will start from the beginning ...... Was taking an island reasonably quickly when the brake warning light come on, and seemed to cut my power (kept accelerating but revs didnt change). I know my rear brakes are low, but i checked my brake...
  48. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

Quite easy. 2 t30's for the airbag at the side, 19mm for the wheel. Unclip the horn and airbag, give the wheel a jolt (as it will seem stuck) and its off!
  49. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

Lol. I only fitted it today! So haven't sent the wheel back yet! But just to clarify ....... £115 for the wheel, £10 postage, and £50 returnable deposit when I send the wheel back tomorrow! £175 but really it's £125. Turn around was 10 days-ish I can't remember exactly the date I paid
  50. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

I paid £175 all in, he does the work to an ep3 wheel he already has, then you send him yours and he refunds the £50 deposit.
  51. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

£115+£10 postage +£50 deposit for the wheel (which you get back when you send your wheel back)
  52. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

Right little update ...... Still waiting on my wheels - reason being because they are being sprayed white, and i heard rumours that white wheels dis-colour quickly (go yellow) I bought some heat proof lacquer to use. Turns out the heat proof lacquer turns the wheel a yellow-ish colour when...
  53. lewys

Hondata reflash

I didnt realise hondata did that themselves, any idea as to how much that costs or even if they still offer that service?
  54. lewys

Hondata reflash

225 bhp from that I would be happy :)
  55. lewys

Is honda civic type r 2002 Faster than a 2000 Golf turbo

Lol ^ anyway, I have had both cars now, had a golf gti mapped to 216bhp before my ep3, and the golf was quicker, but nowhere near as nice around corners etc. At the end of the day they are 2 completely different cars and you have to drive both differently as well. Straight line golf wins...
  56. lewys

Isofix

It is easy to tell if you have isofix or not. Modern cars have a little sticker on the seat which shows a baby seat (or a label that says isofix). However my old subaru didnt have anything to suggest there was isofix but it did have them. If you just slip your hand in between the two cushions...
  57. lewys

Whats the difference???

http://www.etyres.co.uk/glossary-tyre-terms?term=asymmetrical hope this helps :)
  58. lewys

Isofix

what exactly do you want to know? I do some testing on child seats so might be able to help you out
  59. lewys

Hondata reflash

Why not? I have been looking in to this for mine as well
  60. lewys

Skunk2 Gear knobs cheap on eBay!

I can understand what you are saying with lower arms for example, but for a "fake" gear knob? hmmm not sure about the argument for that 1! I cant imagine that I could change gear so hard that I snap the gear knob in half (although I did pull a door handle off a punto once) ..... Think I will...
  61. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

Cheers :) I have always been a de-badge kind of guy from my VAG days!
  62. lewys

best colour alloys for a cosmic grey ep3 ?

I bought a cosmic grey ep3 about a month ago also and this question played on my mind for ages! Eventually I went with white (wheels being done atm!) but i thought about bronze, gunmetal etc.
  63. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

they are the abp/eibach ones! But im not going to lie ...... all 4 of my enkei evo wheels were in the back when these pics were taken! lol As for how I find the springs, I think they are great! Good all round compromise! I didnt want coilovers as "been there done that" and I have a little'un...
  64. lewys

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

anyone seen this or got this? M2 Racing stainless steel mid section http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330917243421?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_742wt_932
  65. lewys

2005 cosmic grey EP3

Just signed up and introduced myself in the newbies section! So here is more about my car! It's a 2005 cosmic grey EP3. Bought it a month ago standard! So far I have done: Ramair air filter and SFS silicon hose Eibach lowering springs de-badged the rear Rear window tints Wind deflectors...
Back