• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D3ano

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Appreciate the help guys, you were all right, legitimately stumped me that half the dash was still illuminating, only ever had battery issues once before in my work van and that was totally dead so it threw me that stuff was still showing... A nice £165 I wasn't expecting to spend today! Sent...
  2. D3ano

Anyone had issues with the car not starting? This is what I've been getting this morning trying to start it up? Tyre pressure is flashing and speedo flashes on and off when holding down the ignition, I'm stumped so any help would be great! Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  3. D3ano

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Straight down to dream then Dotty! Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. D3ano

My New FK2 (Bristol)

Carbon my ride is good, carbonzone poland on Facebook is another good one, he does a load of stuff that no one else does as well, I got a carbon civic badge off him it’s really good quality. Definitely try get out and see them if you can like I say I think the Remus sounds pretty rubbish on...
  5. D3ano

My New FK2 (Bristol)

Ebay if I remember right, can’t remember the sellers profile name. Videos of the Remus aren’t the most flattering, it’s definitely one you need to see in person if you can! If you plan to stage 1 then that’s all you’ll really need, stage 2 and you’ll need to look at intercooler and decay/high...
  6. D3ano

My New FK2 (Bristol)

It’s a nightmare to keep clean! It depends on your budget but you can get genuine carbon parts for those, although I don’t dislike them that much myself so have never really bothered looking too deeply in to them. It’s weird, I’ve only ever heard it from the cabin, (I don’t let anyone else...
  7. D3ano

My New FK2 (Bristol)

Congrats! Best colour, enjoy the 20 minutes it will stay clean for! I’ve learnt to cherish it myself for that brief period [emoji23] Dependent on how anti-social you want it to be, I’ve a Remus myself as it’s valved and it was my favourite sounding exhaust, would absolutely recommend an...
  8. D3ano

I could never use them on my FN as I’d forget to turn them off and they’d drain my battery, I can forget them in the FK and it doesn’t drain my battery so I’m making up for lost experience myself [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. D3ano

One of the few times the car winds me up, that will it won’t it dip [emoji23] then you have to manually dip and auto doesn’t turn back on for a few minutes! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. D3ano

FK2 FK2 buying advice

I’d say look for bubbling under the paint of the wheels, very common issue, and water in the rear wing, open the boot up and give it a shake you’ll hear it slosh around as it can get in but can’t escape. In regards to the gearbox there’s plenty modified examples about (with more power than...
  11. D3ano

I get those whenever I drive mine in the evenings without fail, they get the obligatory “they can be brighter” flash back and a big ol’ s**t eating grin not that they can see it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. D3ano

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

I’ll take 24 hours over the usually 30 minutes it lasts [emoji23][emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. D3ano

Glad to have finally got back to doing some bits! It’s getting a full detail next week which I’m looking forward to seeing it after should be the cleanest it’s been since I bought it [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. D3ano

How longs it been since I posted? Too long? Doubt many would agree with that! [emoji23] Not much has happened with the FK recently, moving in with a friend has taken a significant chunk of money so aside from fuel the car hasn’t really had much going in to it unfortunately... especially as I...
  15. D3ano

FK2 Induction Upgrade

You won’t lose power it’s been quoted with quite solid gains without a map, I can’t testify to that as mine hasn’t been on a dyno but the build quality and sound alone are worth it the performance benefits mapped and unmapped are an added bonus! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. D3ano

FK2 Induction Upgrade

No risk whatsoever, there’s a drain pipe from the cold air feed and it doesn’t actually connect to the cone so there’s a gap between the two should water make it past the drain pipe... I wouldn’t worry about it! 100% go for Eventuri if you’re looking for noise and performance! I’d save the map...
  17. D3ano

It won’t let you do a total of 1 so I’m assuming they’re single discs and you have to purchase 2 for the front axel to be done [emoji2373] weird system, I’ve never seen it done that way when ordering discs before but can’t really complain with the price it comes in at! Sent from my iPhone...
  18. D3ano

On the subject of disc’s and pads, I’ve seen on a few of the Facebook forums people ordering from the autodoc app and confirming the parts are the same... vastly cheaper as well, I’m considering ordering from there to see if it’s any good! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. D3ano

Hero for that Dweezle, I was going to pre-empt Honda and buy disc’s and pads before my service at the end of next month... so this will save me a good chunk! Just disc’s to sort now Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. D3ano

FK2 Rear wing centre blade

Theres little stickers on the underside of the blade that cover screws, I assume it would come free once those are out but there have been a few warranty claims down to the plastic caps that the screws sit in coming free and not being flush with the blade. So personally I’d be hesitant to try...
  21. D3ano

Assume you’ve seen the Dream suede steering wheels bud? Normally they re-trim the standard wheel but when I went down they didn’t have any so they offered a full circular one that was thicker, I actually much prefer it but obviously doesn’t really fit what you were looking for mate! Sent from...
  22. D3ano

FK2 Gruppe M or Eventuri please help me chosse ?????????

Angle wouldn’t be steep enough, the purpose of the Eventuri replacement pipe is to smooth the angle out as much as possible for the airflow but the Gruppe uses the standard pipe as it connects further back than the Eventuri would, another reason for Eventuri imo as that standard pipe is prone to...
  23. D3ano

Think I remember seeing on one of the Facebook groups someone swapped from Eventuri to the Gruppe as the Eventuri was a little too much sound for a regular commuter car, but figures wise there wasn’t much in it, the Eventuri was marginally on top I think... but don’t quote me on that it was only...
  24. D3ano

Can’t speak for Gruppe as I’ve never seen/heard it in the flesh, but I have an eventuri and the noise it makes alone makes it worth it, not to mention the really good gains it makes from unmapped cars as well as mapped ones! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. D3ano

Seems to vary dealer by dealer, I’m going to ask about mine at its next service although I may not be at the 25k mark by then, I’d be asking for actual confirmation of that by Honda UK if I was in that situation as it’s not too unimaginative to think a dealer would try and push the task out and...
  26. D3ano

FK2 Hi all just bought my FK2 rallye red

The rides really not that bad although it is hard but that’s to be expected due to it being so heavily performance oriented, any plans for mods? I wanted red originally but the one I wanted to view had sold so went and viewed the black one I now have instead and bought it 3 hours later [emoji23]...
  27. D3ano

FK2 Hi all just bought my FK2 rallye red

Congrats, you’ll love it for a long long time! Still look at mine out the window at home 9 months later almost daily [emoji23] if it’s standard parts your looking for then cox motor parts is your best bet, you can email them if the website doesn’t carry the part you’re looking for and they’ll...
  28. D3ano

I’d appreciate that massively thanks! Know exactly what I want from them I just don’t want to spend all that and it turns out there is a slight difference between the FK2 and FK8 front and rear badges! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. D3ano

Have you got an 8 though bud? I assume he’d know the size as they have the 8 over there, I know Honda have separate part numbers for for the badges on the 2 and 8 so I’m not entirely sure if they’re the same size... How’s the quality? I assume very good? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. D3ano

Stab in the dark here but don’t ask will never know! Does anyone know the dimensions of the front and rear H badges? Or better still if they’re the same size as FK8 badges? I was looking at getting some custom ones from the states, namely Aero Spec Racing on Facebook incase anyone has seen, but...
  31. D3ano

Ok, that’s a relief, started it up and tried some stationary revs tonight to try and see if it would do it again but it didn’t, sounded right as it usually does so I’m going to take it for a drive later in the week to try and catch it again, although I’m hoping it was just a momentary thing...
  32. D3ano

That sounds similar to mine if I’m honest, although it’s started out of the blue today and I’ve not had a remap so I was concerned it could be signs of issues, I’m hoping not as I wasn’t planning on needing to spend anything for a while... how long have you had the map if you don’t mind me...
  33. D3ano

Just went out for another short drive and noticed it doing it again as I was reversing on to our driveway, oddly didn’t notice it doing it while out driving, blipped the throttle a few times once parked up to try and catch it but couldn’t hear it over the exhaust [emoji849] did notice the revs...
  34. D3ano

Driving back from a cars and coffee meet this morning and notice the turbo was almost fluttering instead of the usual Eventuri blow off, any had this before? Or indicative of anything, stopped after about 10 minutes driving or so? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. D3ano

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

+1 You won’t struggle to get one for that price, albeit higher mileage but I personally wouldn’t class sub 18-20k as high mileage! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. D3ano

FK8 Almost an FK8 Owner

I’m assuming you’ve done a HPI check? If it’s been in an accident and repaired under insurance it’ll be recorded, however with their reputation and the stuff you’ve mentioned I’d start to worry it’s too good to be true myself, if HPI hasn’t got it then, personally, I’d avoid it as you can’t...
  37. D3ano

That’s got to be a Write off of some kind or someone’s having financial issues! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. D3ano

Another trip down Dream on Friday and I’ve had my Airtec intercooler fitted as well as Dream’s Alcantara steering wheel and Gear Gaitor, in love with it all, steering wheel is thicker than standard with no flat bottom as the guys didn’t have a flat bottomed one in stock, I wasn’t actually...
  39. D3ano

That’s what I was going to ask them about actually, agreed value, when they gave the quote I specified what I paid when I bought it last June which was £21,500 but aside from that it wasn’t really spoken about Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. D3ano

Fortunately I don’t plan on tracking it so that’s not a huge concern for me at the moment, I may give Chris Knott a go as well then in that case, see what they can do, Sky seemed well informed and there is an awful lot of good reviews for them online for modified cover. Like I say I’m going to...
  41. D3ano

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion That’s handy to know they were the cheapest quote I got until I tried Sky after seeing them suggested in the general insurance thread and they were significantly cheaper actually a quid less a month than I’m currently paying monthly whereas flux were £19 a...
  42. D3ano

Who’s insured with who? Rang Esure this morning to ask what the effect of getting my intercooler fitted would be and they told me they’d be unable to insure the car with that fitted [emoji58] fortunately they said it would only cost £23 to cancel the policy and take out another with another...
  43. D3ano

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion Not that mine or myself have ever seen a track to know I don’t really pay much mind to whatcars opinions on performance cars myself... after some of the things I’ve heard about the golf R’s brakes make me think surely the FK should be ahead of it on that...
  44. D3ano

Cheers bud! Moment of panic, normally I’d be more certain of what’s what but after 5 days not in it I started to second guess myself, I should be giving it a proper run out at the end of the week and not just a 5 minute drive to the gym and back so will see how it behaves then! Sent from my...
  45. D3ano

Middle right indicator is oil pressure I’m guessing guys? Don’t know if it’s because I haven’t drove the car in 4-5 days but I’ve noticed that going up and down like a good’n tonight and sure it wasn’t doing that before, seems to increase with throttle depression and was going up to about 5.4...
  46. D3ano

Also I left that particular one connected, just removed the MAF sensor, disconnected the far end and the end connected to the Eventuri and wriggled it out didn’t need to do that one in your photo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  47. D3ano

I tried with a cross head but it started to shear the top of it so went with soaking the thing in WD40 and if I’m being honest I just seated the socket heads till one fitted/bit it was towards that end of the scale though bud 6 down, I remember 7 being too big but another being too small, it was...
  48. D3ano

Yeah a few times, I noticed when I first drove it it seemed ever so slightly louder, since then I don’t think it’s any different, if it did increase the volume it was such a small amount that after a few journeys it seemed no different. Definitely more of an aesthetic/performance piece. Sent...
  49. D3ano

Awesome, I’ll go give it a polish in a bit then hopefully that sorts it out then it’s just the wheel I’ll have to get sorted, hopefully Honda play ball [emoji849] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  50. D3ano

So was supposed to have a winter detail today, cancelled it as when the guy arrived to carry it out it was pelting down snow and he said it may not be worth it if it carried on, when it eventually stopped done a quick wash myself. Noticed one of the wheels is suffering from the notorious...
  51. D3ano

I can understand the desire to make it unique as it was a special model but it’s just not for me, I don’t doubt had I got one myself for one reason or another I’d grow to like them as well, just to my mind feels like they possibly could have done other things! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  52. D3ano

Long weekend off work so got off my arse and did something productive... fitted the Eventuri MAF tube, if I’m being honest, it’s been a very very long time I’ve done something myself on a car... down to laziness and more recently, lack of time around work, so it was quite refreshing to do...
  53. D3ano

I saw that the other week, I’m really not a fan of the red blades on the wing and as much as I love the colour scheme of the seats I think the black FK’s look much better with the red seats as looking through the front windscreen they really stand out and look aggressive... still a really good...
  54. D3ano

The Eventuri originally only came with the scoop, filter and housing, they’ve come out and said all future kits will have this pipe but I assume that will bump the price up a bit as the MAF tube is £230 on its own... they’ve reduced the angle compared to the standard tube it usually connects to...
  55. D3ano

Quality is really good, silicone is actually stepped to remove the difference in diameter between the pipe and OEM metal, I’ve just got to motivate myself to go fit it is all! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  56. D3ano

Nice little surprise no sooner had I got in from work! Can’t wait to have this fitted, really bugs me how clean the Eventuri looks and then just connects to the standard fitting... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  57. D3ano

Oh there’s worse things, hence my not even recognising it! [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  58. D3ano

SD? Gone straight over my head mate you’ll have to elaborate! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. D3ano

You a fan then Dotty? TSO actually mate, end of last year was kind for callouts and OT [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  60. D3ano

Haven’t got round to doing the before and after photos yet, been very distracted, in the meantime have a (dirty) shot of the wing on the car [emoji16] Went on a little shopping spree over Christmas, sort of, ordered the Eventuri carbon intake pipe which fingers crossed should be with my by the...
  61. D3ano

FK8 Only 4 seats?

I think it was the Spartans that exiled their children from age 7 to train to become warriors or something... just saying that’s a possibility [emoji23] (probably recalling this from a film or something and is probably not even remotely true) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  62. D3ano

I wasn’t aware of any others if I’m honest! Like I say I’ve seen lots of people with 7 Mods stage 1 & 2 and seem to speak very highly of it, I just liked the idea of the functionality of the Hondata what with the ability to read error codes and what not via Bluetooth it has a lot more for a...
  63. D3ano

Wondering what everyone has got for remap options, I’ve seen via other forums and Instagram accounts that 7 Mod is a popular option and was pretty decided I’d be getting that once the time came around but that was mostly because I hadn’t realised Hondata had a unit out for the FK, curious to see...
  64. D3ano

If it’s just for pictures I would have thought some big standard LED tubing of some kind would be cheaper than having something fitted to the car “permanently” and wired in in some way, worth looking at all options if like you say it’s just for the sake of photography bud! Sent from my iPhone...
  65. D3ano

I don’t know what this sudden obsession with neons is... I know a few people round my area have installed them on various cars, they need to be left in the 90’s and not on performance cars like the FK [emoji30] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  66. D3ano

TomCat's Evo X

I’m jealous man, was looking at X’s for the longest time but convinced myself that in the long run an FK would be the cheaper option [emoji23] really like the external look of these even though some would argue they’re more subtle that previous generations Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  67. D3ano

Cheers bud, I’ll have to do some digging around and see what I can find, pretty sure they’re the wheels for me it’s just if the damn things fit! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  68. D3ano

Slightly off topic from the current gearbox discussion but is anyone running aftermarket wheels and what ET’s? I keep finding myself looking at some WORK Kimwami but in our 5x120 and 19” sizing they only provide up to ET.42 I wanted to keep to standard specs but if they don’t provide our...
  69. D3ano

Will be interesting to see what you dig up from it all, see if you can really pin it down. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  70. D3ano

That’s somewhat comforting as parts are relatively cheap it’s just the labour which is understandable as it’s a time consuming task, although an entirely unnecessary task as a car of its capabilities and age shouldn’t be having the issue full stop... and you’d somewhat expect the manufacturer to...
  71. D3ano

At least you’re seeing the positives in what’s otherwise a negative situation, I know from what I’ve seen/read I shan’t be extending my warranty, what are your options with the gearbox wear? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. D3ano

I heard of someone who had done over 100k miles in one with no issues, it seems to be that quite a few are ok however Honda are acting in such a dissatisfactory manner with the ones that do encounter issues that it will always generate more noise and rightfully so, as has been mentioned this was...
  73. D3ano

I know of one instance where someone went that route and they actually sided with Honda in that case but I can’t see it being so easy for them to do so if there was multiple repeat instances of them rejecting things without providing proof or fair reason rather than the one singular complaint...
  74. D3ano

I suppose to our benefit the parts that are failing like the gearbox, wheels and what not are fundamentally the same on the 8, if I’m not mistaken, so if enough noise is made then that would dissuade people from buying the 8 and that’s what would hurt Honda as the 2’s are no longer generating...
  75. D3ano

My heart broke a bit reading this, really puts you off having one long term and that’s certainly what I’d planned. I’m not surprised in the slightest though I haven’t seen one post about a positive experience with a warranty claim on the gearbox on the FK’s in the 5 months I’ve owned mine and...
  76. D3ano

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion Yeah Carbon MAF pipe I believe dream said retail would be around the £230 mark I believe? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  77. D3ano

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

The more I see if the 8’s the more they grow on me, not enough to part with my 2 though I don’t think. Lush example bud and big fan of the reg! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  78. D3ano

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Paid for a pair Mook, realised the other stickers I have for the FK are silver so the white one I ordered earlier this month don’t match... can’t not have continuity [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  79. D3ano

That marketing line will bite them in the arse eventually if enough of these gearbox issues arise with no word or effort to resolve from Honda! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  80. D3ano

That’s handy to know, I didn’t realise there’s a general tolerance they had, I may hold off on the remap/intercooler/sport cat I planned then till the warranty is up to be honest as that will put my mind at ease a lot more and I’d feel more confident taking it to Honda to be inspected Sent...
  81. D3ano

I’ll have to pull out my service receipt from September as I thought it had been done then but I may be wrong, I’ll check that to be sure if not I’ll take it to Honda and request one, cheers Jason Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  82. D3ano

Bloody hell, at least you got the opportunity to have someone that isn’t influenced by Honda to validate your concerns, hopefully the clutch upgrade will resolve it once and for all mate, like I say I’ve no real concerns with mine as yet but it has been notchy in all gears in the cold but not...
  83. D3ano

Catch me up Veehex, what caused you to get it investigated in the first place? I’m trying to best prepare myself for any warning signs should the worst happen... the cold weather has put me on edge with how clunky the gears have felt but once it warms up it’s good as gold, like I say I just want...
  84. D3ano

I would say minimal amounts of 3M tape mate, maybe even a cheaper quality as the 3M stuff is quite hard binding and can be a real mission to get off, others may know better ideas Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  85. D3ano

Sporty Blue FK2 From A Distant Land

I agree, considered the red weave for the key case but changed my mind for the same reason, no longer looks like carbon, looks like a cheap knock off, but the range they do is impressive none the less and the key case and civic badge I got where top quality Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  86. D3ano

I agree, problem is they don’t self promote or anything it’s word of mouth, I only found out about them asking an Instagram follower where they got their carbon key cover and then was told about them, shame as like you say as the range is brilliant Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  87. D3ano

It’s ridiculous isn’t it... I’m not a fan of the perforated leather myself so will probably go the Dream alcantara wheel route although I got a couple bits off CarbonZone and they were great! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  88. D3ano

Late to the party Dweezle but I’m sure CabonZonePoland on Facebook and possibly even PMC do the carbon steering wheels. Lovely example though Ghent! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  89. D3ano

I had a quick google and it seemed as though it was a 9G issue, a few reports of the lower models doing it, I only ever carry the one key with me but may take to carrying both if it happens again hopefully it was just a little temper tantrum, scared the life out of me though! Sent from my...
  90. D3ano

Ahhh I noticed the immobiliser light as well so that’s reassuring, so long as it’s not a sign of anything untoward... I have noticed sometimes the car seems to take a slightly more exaggerated “breath in” so to speak on some starts since I fitted the Remus but thought nothing of it then this...
  91. D3ano

Just had a weird occurrence, parked up after a 20 minute or so drive to nip in the shop, was no more than 5 minutes, upon getting back in the car and trying to start it up it would not go, was chugging away like it was trying to spark into life, the usual sounds but it wouldn’t go it did it for...
  92. D3ano

For what it is, it’s extortionately priced but the sheer fact I always wanted one I probably would have paid it myself but this one with all the other parts of the tailgate was a ridiculously good price so I was over the moon [emoji23] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  93. D3ano

Yeah it’s genuine, it’s fairly flexible as well but I wasn’t totally surprised about that, I was surprised even Honda only use the 3M tape attach it, no worse than PMC but to their credit PMC is very good, at the end of the day it’s all aesthetic parts so there’s no real reason for them to do...
  94. D3ano

Wing is on! I got it back last Friday my friend done a cracking job of sorting it, I’ll try and get some before and after pictures of it, spent the evening fitting it, had issues with the rear brake light wire as it has some rubber to protect it from rubbing against the metal and damaging...
  95. D3ano

They do come off, fishing line a hell of a lot of patience and residue remover and it’s good, I bought a whole bootlid with that carbon and the spoiler and removed it, currently sat at home un-damaged, it’s only 3M double sided tape holding it on Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  96. D3ano

Another small update! The Carbon wing is in to have some small defects on the paint rectified will have it back Monday fingers crossed and if I get enough light I’ll fit it when I get home! Little exited! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  97. D3ano

That’s the beauty of my job, paid for Van and all that malarkey so in terms of mileage and financing that it’s non existent, daily driving for me is the gym/anything social, I think I do about 5k Miles a year if that [emoji23] Yeah classic NSX of course! I do like the new one but the starting...
  98. D3ano

Damn... well under my estimate of 50bhp [emoji848][emoji23] Thanks though mate [emoji4] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  99. D3ano

Brand markup isn’t it [emoji23] just because of that little Honda stamp on it! I may well do so, they don’t take up much space at all just the rear break light and surround that will be awkward but not unmanageable! I haven’t put a time frame on it to be honest, I’ve only ever owned Hondas and...
  100. D3ano

Normally wouldn’t consider that kind of money a bargain! But seeing as the wing is £1700 direct from Honda, and I believe the rear carbon strip was £250-£300, not sure if that’s totally correct but I also think most places can’t get ahold of it from Honda anymore, so those two alone exceed what...
Back