• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. sunday_driver

FN2 Honda Type R GT fn2 Help

Hi Stevie, A friend is selling my old car (Milano in my photo) at £4995, advertised on PH and FB marketplace and is in much better condition than the cat you described. As you've mentioned, the problem being the car is in South Wales, but Chris's point remains, there's plenty of others around.
  2. sunday_driver

Would 18x8j ET45 alloy rub the wheel arch for FD2 with stock suspension?

Hi, Depends on the tyre. I had et44 on mine and they were fine with Toyo T1R (crap trye for these cars), switched to Yoko AD08 and they rubbed at the rear occasionally. I then fitted coilovers and rear camber arms with a touch of camber (nothing abnormal looking) and they were fine again.
  3. sunday_driver

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

That looks lovely! You must be happy with that after the work (and money you've put in. Is it the angle or do the headlights need a polish?
  4. sunday_driver

FN2 Type-R MOT Failure

No cats in backboxes, they need to be hot to operated so are always fitted close to the engine. Maybe it's failed or it wasn't hot enough for the test.
  5. sunday_driver

FL5 New Civic Type R

According to a well known U.K. importer, they're selling at auction for 9 million yen. According to today's google calculation, that's almost £54k!
  6. sunday_driver

Modifying FN2 Civic Type R

Speak to Josh @ Torque GT. He's sourced loads for me and they're official Mugen dealers. Also, there's a thread on here somewhere from Loxy which is very informative for modding the fn2.
  7. sunday_driver

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

As above, that looks stunning! I'd recommend replacing the intake hose with a Samco jobbie as the OEM will be brittle and split with the extra flex exerted from the Gruppe M (speaking from experience, albeit with a dc5).
  8. sunday_driver

EP3 and DC5 KPro

No. EP3 works with narrowband O2 sensors, the DC5 has wideband. Also, the PFL DC5 has no immobiliser.
  9. sunday_driver

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Congrats! I bet the wait will be painful but at least you'll have it in time for summer :)
  10. sunday_driver

My FD2! RedH88

Hopefully mine doesn't turn out the same.
  11. sunday_driver

My FD2! RedH88

I have a similar looking dink, albeit on the outside of the rim, and have been told it's no problem to repair. Obviously, yours is different but still worth getting a second opinion maybe?
  12. sunday_driver

My FD2! RedH88

I have some mdf adapters from a previous car so hopefully they'll fit, thanks. Behind the glovebox probably. They're quite neat little things and I have the T-harness already.
  13. sunday_driver

My FD2! RedH88

Congrats on the new car. Did the speakers fit straight in or did you need adapters? I'm looking to add one of those mini amps to mine, to get the most out of the speakers.
  14. sunday_driver

Other Acura Integra Type R

I can still only see a headlight and some photos of a DC2?
  15. sunday_driver

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Do you have any details on the roller door please, Chris? 269 miles doesn't warrant keeping those facelift rear lights.. I think you should sell them to me ;)
  16. sunday_driver

FN2 '09 full re spray

Hi, Do you mind me asking the name of the bodyshop please? I'm also in South Wales so it may be handy in the future. We've recently had my better half's alloys refurbed at a local garage who have a great reputation but they turned out awful! Apologies for side-tracking your thread Chris...
  17. sunday_driver

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. If it helps, the crank pulley is a pretty common part to fail which would result in the symptoms you have.
  18. sunday_driver

FN2 fn2 engine polly mounts

I had the ES inserts and only used them in the rear mount. Adding anything more compromised the car for me.
  19. sunday_driver

Stuiwhite's NHB EP3

Looks much better! You may get some trouble with that rear wheel touching the arch though. Mine does and my wheels don't poke out so much as yours.
  20. sunday_driver

Here we go again

Congrats! The bootlid looks strange without the Civic badge but the others still remaining. Fujitsubo exhaust?
  21. sunday_driver

Stuiwhite's NHB EP3

Congrats Stu. I seen your posts on the FB page. A friend of mine knows the person you bought it from, it looks like you have a great base there! Mine is currently SORN for winter but I'm often in Bristol/Clevedon, so may see around at some point when the weather improves (I believe that's...
  22. sunday_driver

Fwd traction in 300bhp cars

I doubt the softer rear tyres makes much difference as the profile is only small, the rear suspension would have more of an affect. I've only driven a friends FK2, albeit a while ago, and I thought the grip was amazing. It was dry and warm, I bet they break traction in this weather if provoked...
  23. sunday_driver

MOT pass, but....

That's an OEM chassis brace.
  24. sunday_driver

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Great few posts and photos, thanks for sharing :) I recognise your e92, potentially from Cutters. The FK2, was it on standard suspension or lowered please?
  25. sunday_driver

EP3 Two Stage Vtec?

*vtec (not vtech) ;)
  26. sunday_driver

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

I'm not sure, sorry. It was a while ago, maybe there's a photo of the kit in my fn2 thread.
  27. sunday_driver

Apparently the Tegiwa kit doesn't include the same amount of collars but that's only going on what I've read, I only tried the Spoon myself :)
  28. sunday_driver

I always found the subframe click returned, despite following the Honda service bulletin. Fitting Spoon collars solved it and the click still hasn't returned for the person I sold the car to. Hopefully you have more luck than me but just an FYI if it happens :)
  29. sunday_driver

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

First trip for the little one in the fd2 and she approves :)
  30. sunday_driver

FN2 Baffled sump, worth the investment?

Tried ABP motorsport or Torque GT? ABP used to have loads of mods for fn2s..
  31. sunday_driver

Skoda Superb 3.6 V6 4x4 Estate DSG

Bhp Cars are importing lots of R36s at the moment :)
  32. sunday_driver

FN2 I broke my FN2 today :(

The Mugen RR has a k20a though and I think the chances of them having one of those engines is pretty slim.
  33. sunday_driver

Thanks. It seems tapatalk now charges for full uploads or sacrifice upload quality, which I wasn't happy with. So I've edited the post and re-uploaded from a laptop after my better half has had a tinker with the pics ;)
  34. sunday_driver

I popped out to take some pics earlier. I think the first one is my favourite, I’m no photographer though. Also, I had the rear windows tinted like some fd2s have from factory (I didn’t want it looking aftermarket)
  35. sunday_driver

FN2 FN2N Had all 4 injectors out / cleaned, now car wont run..

Are all the wiring plugs refitted to the correct injector? Are the sealing washer things all fitted? Is the fuel line refitted correctly? I've never cleaned modern petrol injectors. They're away from the combustion chamber and have petrol running through them which acts as a cleaning agent and...
  36. sunday_driver

FK8 Anyone touched up their brembos?

The pink bit is normally just missing lacquer, so a re-lacquer maybe all it needs.
  37. sunday_driver

Thank you Lewys, I hope your M3 behaves itself for you. The handling I would say is difficult to lose traction on the road (especially with the Yokohamas, the Toyos would spin in first/second), though it's definitely track oriented which can be annoying at times. The front end is extremely...
  38. sunday_driver

Facebook from another fd2 owner :)
  39. sunday_driver

Thanks Lewys. I bet the v8 in the e92 is a beaut, I would love to experience one. I believe they have less issues than the e46 but still has the 'M tax' costs when things are needed. I'm really enjoying fd2 ownership but I need to drive it more. The current circumstances and a 5 month old...
  40. sunday_driver

EP3 Rear of the car doesnt feel tight around corners

I know you said it's not the tyres but have you checked the pressures?
  41. sunday_driver

AD08R fitted :)
  42. sunday_driver

These also arrived, replacing those Toyos
  43. sunday_driver

New shifter
  44. sunday_driver

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

That's the first thing I asked above. It's not the subframe that has the issue, it's where it mounts on the RACP (rear axle carrier panel). The DC5 will be much cheaper to maintain / repair, the M3 being the more comfortable and better for long distances, etc but still glorious when driven for...
  45. sunday_driver

Rebuild Questions ,Crankshaft repair,Big end size, Timing chain

1. It's probably more cost effective to buy a used or new crank 2. As above 3. K20s use oil but unsure how. Perhaps the oil control ring isn't so effective at high RPM (comparing to a 'conventional' engine) 4. Personally I would trust anything other than OEM for such a part
  46. sunday_driver

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Ahh, it was a rear wheel which fooled me. That looks a nice one with some good quality mods! Has the RACP been reinforced or replaced? Mine hadn't and was cracked, despite a FBMW SH and a recent service. Enjoy that glorious exhaust sound and induction note! :)
  47. sunday_driver

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Looks like something with a V8 to me :)
  48. sunday_driver

Thanks. It almost sounds OEM when driving normally, maybe a tad deeper but only noticeable with the window down. I’ve only driven the 4 mile trip to/from work at the moment with no motorway but I expect it’ll be similar to OEM levels. The car had a J’s Racing 60RS (iirc) fitted when I bought...
  49. sunday_driver

Thanks. I fitted it myself at work.
  50. sunday_driver

My new exhaust arrived yesterday. The Kakimoto has been a long time fav of mine after having one on my dc5 - I absolutely love the look and noise with it being quiet when you want it to be but it sounds like a jet during vtec! I'm looking forward to the current circumstances being over so...
  51. sunday_driver

FN2 shocks/suspension

What's the ratio of the 6th gear you're referring to? Is it the 0.659? I think it'll be beneficial for a 'refinement' point of view, giving you a lower motorway cruising RPM but I doubt you'll notice enough of a MPG difference for you to notice any fuel cost saving. Regarding suspension, I bet...
  52. sunday_driver

FN2 Honda contacts for roof rust

Have you tried you local dealer? If you get nowhere with them contact Honda UK ([email protected]). If you contact Honda UK first they'll just send you to a dealer. This is what I did in Oct'16 and they happily sorted my roof and supplied a Jazz hire car.
  53. sunday_driver

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

Yes, they're similar. One is a tighter fit but I can't remember which. Obviously the fd2 seats don't have airbags though. Maybe a Recaro out of an Accord type-r would suit your needs OP? They're still supportive for a sporty car but not as deep or snug.
  54. sunday_driver

The car has been SORN over the winter so carried out a few little jobs. Firstly removed the rear bumper to investigate and add some protection. Thankfully, all looked good behind there: During dinitrol application: New side repeaters to clean things up a bit, plus some OEM Honda side...
  55. sunday_driver

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

I've not been there so was a total guess, though the Whilteline(?) anti-roll bar gave me a clue. When I had an fn2 the previous owner had spent a small fortune at ABP, they seem to know their stuff with these cars.
  56. sunday_driver

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

As above, battery impact gun is the way forward. Is there anybody local to you with one you can borrow?
  57. sunday_driver

Difficult to enjoy a Type-R on UK roads...

Road repairs are paid for by everyone via income tax, council tax, VAT and all the other taxes, so not directly funded by VED.
  58. sunday_driver

Skunk2 DIC's fitted, seems very noisy

That sounds awful. Who fitted them?
  59. sunday_driver

EP3 UK steering wheel same as JDM steering wheel?

Yes, they're compatible.
  60. sunday_driver

EP3 shocks, Sachs, Bilstein B4 or OEM?

You don't need a ball joint splitter. Just shock the arm of the shock on the outside of the ball joint with the nut loose, plenty of lube and they pop out :)
  61. sunday_driver

Timing chain kits

If it were my car I'd run the existing chain rather than fitting a cheap kit. The later is asking for trouble
  62. sunday_driver

Championship White DC5

Saw this on their Facebook page, it looks in great condition! It's rare to see them standard now. Enjoy your new purchase :)
  63. sunday_driver

Rear Camber Kit - DME or Hardrace?

I'd look at Eibach personally.
  64. sunday_driver

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Enjoy the new car Stu. It's a great colour!
  65. sunday_driver

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Mugen RR? :)
  66. sunday_driver

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

I really like this photo! Nice attention to detail with the changes :)
  67. sunday_driver

Insuring a JDM Type R

Your inbox is full Flashy
  68. sunday_driver

EP3 High mileage cars

My opinion is to *check* it at 100k - no point changing it if it's not needed. 140k miles is fine as long as it's looked after and well maintained.
  69. sunday_driver

Insuring a JDM Type R

Generally more expensive, yes, but not by as much as some people think (assuming you're not an inexperienced/young driver). Don't bother with any online comparison sites as they'll most likely be incorrect. I'm currently with Admiral but I've also used Greenlight.
  70. sunday_driver

Stoptech

I had the ST41 touring kit and they fitted easily under 17s, though they were enkie wheels.
  71. sunday_driver

Which EP3 to buy (original 52 plate or 55 premier edition)

I'd buy whichever is in best condition.
  72. sunday_driver

Putting a 5.1 final drive in. Do I keep my JDM gears are go back to stock

This is what I was thinking of, hope it helps: http://motor-prime.com/content/fd2r-gear-ratio-swap
  73. sunday_driver

Putting a 5.1 final drive in. Do I keep my JDM gears are go back to stock

As it's apart I'd put an accord 6th gear In and leave the others they are. ETA- I'm not sure of the difference between a uk EP3 6th gear and the accord but I assume it'll be longer..
  74. sunday_driver

Thanks but I’m not on Instagram.
  75. sunday_driver

<£700 I’d rather not disclose the exact figure sorry Chris. They’re pricey, but it makes a massive difference.
  76. sunday_driver

New headlights arrived and fitted! While the front bumper was off I filled all cavities with wax and sprayed with rust preventative. Headlight brackets were also given a coat of preventive spray. Not many photos taken of the car afterwards as time was limited but it really makes a big difference :)
  77. sunday_driver

Nothing much to report with the car, just had the chrome section of the grill painted to match the rest of the gloss black front/rear trim. Next, I have new headlights on order to complete the front end refresh
  78. sunday_driver

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Umm, is it for sale on here? I agree with PH too.
  79. sunday_driver

FN2 Spoon Calipers for FN2 or Freakyparts Brembo kit

Another alternative is the two Stoptech kits available for the fn2 through ABP motorsport - 'Touring' which is same diameter disc as OEM but thicker, and the 'BBK' which is larger diameter. I had the 'touring' and felt it was great, though no track work.
  80. sunday_driver

Loxy's Type R #6

Regarding the AC condenser, is there options for added protection / mesh? I know DC5 owners used to fit a £20 mesh from Halfords which worked well and looked almost OEM, though newer Hondas don’t look as vulnerable. You may not know, but out of interest are the fn2 & fd2 condensers different...
  81. sunday_driver

C30 rotrex supercharged or the usual bolts&mods?

Sorry to be that guy Chris, OEM EP3/DC5 final drive is 4.7. I had a 5.1 installed in my DC5 and I loved the difference it made. I always wondered how a longer 6th would’ve felt but it was only a road weekend car for me. Only you can answer if the FD (and longer 6th) will be to your benefit IMO...
  82. sunday_driver

Nothing much to report, just enjoying and looking after it. March marked its year anniversary in my ownership so I thought I'd list its changes in that time: New Honda Floormats (UK hybrid model) Used OEM Type-R Floormats (from yahoo.jp) New Honda gearshift gaiter New Honda front lower ball...
  83. sunday_driver

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

I haven’t a clue about the engine code, sorry. A quick google says ‘1KR-FE’?? My journeys are mostly short, 4 miles or so, which is what the car is designed for after all :) I fill it up about once a month and cover about 400 miles per tank (until the light/beep). I’ve driven it from Cardiff to...
  84. sunday_driver

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

75mpg is very optimistic. I have a C1, albeit the older model and get 55mpg (measured by brimming the tank as no computer). Have they changed the engine at all? Great cars though, lots of character! I’ve had mine for 4 years / 30k miles and it’s cost me very little.
  85. sunday_driver

What did you do to your Type R today?

Or move the thread from the fk8 section so all Type-r owners can join in ;)
  86. sunday_driver

I bought some Mugen wind deflectors and met up with the owner of my old Integra before he advertises it for sale :(
  87. sunday_driver

Thanks. Mugen lip is not cheap but many fd2s already have them so you could get lucky and source/buy a car with one fitted. I bought mine from Hendy, they don't stock them so availability depends on Mugen. Mine took about 6 weeks from point of enquiry to receiving, price is on Hendy website -...
  88. sunday_driver

There's plenty of fn2 wheels on eBay (looks the same as fd2 wheel but differs slightly). Not sure how it'd look on an EP3 mind you..
  89. sunday_driver

Update time: The car was put into hibernation for winter so it gets zero salt exposure. I started buying parts to fit when the weather improves, which it now has thankfully! The car was missing it's OEM mats which let it down massively IMO. With them being discontinued, I couldn't just order...
  90. sunday_driver

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

Midlands as in Cannock by any chance? Saw a blue '10 plate today in a work car park, is it possible we work for the same company (hint: big yellow things)?
  91. sunday_driver

EP3 JDM as investment

I think you've missed the boat with the E46 M3, IMO. Plus, running the thing! The maintenance and repairs tend to cancel out any increase in value.
  92. sunday_driver

JMR's Honda #5

Wow! Good work reviving that, looks like a new car now. I want to buy it from you even though I have no need for it!
  93. sunday_driver

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

With the exception of a Spoon b-pipe ;) Basically, the backbox is longer due to the rear overhang (axle to rear bumper) is longer on the dc5.
  94. sunday_driver

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

I'd rather Brembo pads tbh! I like the car OP, especially with the low level spoiler.
  95. sunday_driver

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

No, the dc5 mani won't mate to the EP3 Cat as both have the Cat as part of the manifold and are totally different designs. You'll see what I mean when you see them.
  96. sunday_driver

EP3 Good places for a steering wheel retrim?

I plan on having mine done over the winter too. Here's my old FN2 done by Royal - it looks the same wheel as the FD2 but isn't, as I found out..
  97. sunday_driver

How do i post pics?

This! It’s so easy.
Back