• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. P

Been running car on no oil! Ep3

Car today was hesitating before hitting the vtec checked engine oil and dip stick was bone dry! I knew type r's used a lot of oil but was okay on last check and didn't think it would've been that much. Getting changed today but is it too late is the damage done?:(
  2. P

B pipe/back box fitment query.

I've just got a sportex unsilenced centre pipe but have a powerflow catback on at the moment, I was planning on using the b pipe in conjunction with the back box thats on but they have different fittings. Is there any way I can join them together or gonna need to buy a new back box too?
  3. P

Thoughts on this exhaust?

Cheers mate, I'll have a look into that one. Surely a better bet than an ebay number lol. Anybody know roughly how much it will cost to get one of these fitted?
  4. P

I was wanting one of these but they've been out of stock on the japspeed website for ages, can't find them anywhere else. I will be getting it mapped soon, hopefully get manifold sorted this week then induction kit couple weeks time then get kpro.
  5. P

Even if I have to buy twice it's still gonna save me a hell a lot of money though. I could even buy a couple spares lol. I should've asked, will this make similar gains to a big brand manifold or is it just a waste of money?
  6. P

Looking to get a 4-2-1 decat manifold for my ep3 but really can't justify splashing out £1000+ for toda ect. Was going to buy the japspeed one but can't find one anywhere so been looking for alternatives and came across this...
  7. P

Install Silvatec indicatorbulbs.

Great guide. I've got absolutely no mechanical experience and this took me about 3 minutes. Only thing is I couldn't get one of the poppers back in right but it seems pretty secure without it anyway. The bulbs packaging looks different but they have the same part number. Cost £13.99 from...
  8. P

Broken fuel injector 2 months after buying car.

I didn't pay for a warranty but I had a problem before with it and read that you have some sort of 6 month warranty under the sales of goods act or something. Just found one on ebay for 27quid though, result!
  9. P

Broken fuel injector 2 months after buying car.

As above, been quoted today £439 to get a new fuel injector fitted. Should the garage I bought this from fix/pay for this or do I need to fork out myself? Also if anybody is selling one pm me lol.
  10. P

Broken exhaust. Will a new mani & decat need mapped?

Exhaust has died on me last night:( Went out for a drive, was fine for first 5 minutes then driving slowly through the town noticed a funny noise. Exhaust was making a sound like "bum bum bum bum bum bum bum bum" and car only pulling about half as hard as normal. Took the car into the garage...
  11. P

Ferodo pads performance and life?

Thanks for the reply loxy. Very helpful.
  12. P

Brake lines noob question.

Gonna order some HEL brake lines. Do I need to get both front & rear or just front? Will the rears make much difference, read somewhere that they only deal with a small percentage of the cars braking?
  13. P

Nobody got any info on this?
  14. P

Well brakes been squeaking away so time for some new front pads. Been seeing a lot of people recommend the ferodo pads. What kind of difference do they really make compared to the standard ones? Also what kind of mileage should I expect out of them, all I seem to do these days is spend money on...
  15. P

Potenzas. Correct size, speed rating ect.?

Perfect cheers boys getting them fitted Tuesday. Got another question for yous, currently got crappy budget tyres on the back with about 5mm tread and good tyres on the front with 2.6mm-ish tread. I'm only getting 2 new tyres Tuesday for the front wheels then will get another pair in a couple...
  16. P

So they ones I linked to in my original post are ok? I was just unsure about the load and speed ratings on them.
  17. P

http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/brands/bridgestone/re040 Can anybody confirm that this is the correct Potenzas for my ep3? In size 215/45 R17 Z (0) ? Just wanting to double check before I pay for them. Thanks.
  18. P

FRSU check list

I know there's a million threads on this but would be great if someone could just double check what I'm about to buy, don't wanna fork out and get the wrong thing/wrong fit etc (which I must admit I've done a couple times). . Eibach pro kit lowering springs...
  19. P

Kwik fit service?? Skint! (ep3 Fife)

Cheers for the replies boys, got it booked in on Monday at a independent garage just down the road. Kinda know one of the boys so hoping he looks after her. They're gonna have a look at my exhaust as well, think I've acquired a wee hole in the last couple of days, sounds like a drawn oot fart...
  20. P

I'm in Fife in Scotland, you know of anywhere near here? Just had a look, cheaper than I've found anywhere else cheers.
  21. P

So it's time for my 132 month interim service, but last service hasn't been filled out in book so thinking I'd better get a full service anyway. Was looking at service prices online and to get it done at Honda is gonna cost me £400+, compared to kwik-fit at £130. I need to get new tyres within...
  22. P

Power steering problem. Garage denying anything wrong.

Well that's a bit sh*t lol. Was kinda hoping something was wrong so that I could get it sorted and it would be a better drive but ohwell. I do have mis-matched tyres though so hopefully that will help things when I get them changed. Anything I can do to help the feel of the steering atall or...
  23. P

Power steering problem. Garage denying anything wrong.

Basically I've just bought an ep3 and been having a couple problems with the steering. The power steering doesn't centre the wheel after turning a corner and is very heavy sometimes. I have very little feel in the steering way and can sometimes pull side to side when braking. I took it back to...
Back