• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

thanks alot guys :) some one else has suggested the UV coating to stop it happening again, but this was a while ago. a lot of extra time is needed to remove and get them coated Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

cheers man, all part of the fun i suppose. should be, i usally go :) Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  3. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

time to get this sump baffle in along with rigid collers. this will be the 2nd time ive had the sump off so nothing new here. had a mate come round to give me a hand, as anyone thats ever removed their subframe knows how heavy and awkward it is on the driveway. so, jacked car, removed shafts...
  4. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

thanks, all worth it! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  5. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

hi all, been a while.. a long while tbh ive been slacking on this haha. straight into the updates, i sold the rotas, and was then on the hunt for some "JDM Y0" wheels, after seeing chewys volk racing se37s i had my heart set on a set.. was alot harder than i thought trying to find a set in...
  6. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

carrying on from the back bumper removal. before, lots of horrible rust spots :( the por 15 kit I got found some old tyre from a track day I started of with wire wheeling/ sanding alot of the paint off and scabby rust marks off ordered a bigger tin of the paint as was sure the little one...
  7. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

not much happening atm, just keeping the thread alive. gave it a wash before tucking it away at the beginning of December [attachment=5661:20161107_192506.jpg] sold the rotas [attachment=5662:20161113_154419.jpg] bought a Daily beater [attachment=5663:received_1111938522255020.jpeg] it's...
  8. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Also forgot to add, I was driving around for 3 weeks with out any MOT haha! As soon as I realised I got one the same day, anddd it failed. Only on tyres so I had to blip home and quickly swap wheels It then passed with just "rear brake pads wearing thin" so that was on the to do list. Since...
  9. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Right, been a while so I think it's update time! Long post, lots of pictures, finally had the boost wound up! Maybe a few of you might of seen this on FB but I woke up on The last bank holiday with a lovely surprise... Yup, some little crettin decided to smash my window and steal my camera...
  10. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

My head lights looked real poor and I was thinking about new ones, as the difference is night and day, But first decided to try giving them a good spruce up. So, here's before During, notice all the yellow crap coming off them! One done Job done, really happy with them for now, so no major...
  11. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

yeah him and that black clio was flying, I couldn't keep up for **** lol. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  12. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

I also set about getting my oil temp gauge wired in once and for all, I opted to put the actual temp sensor in where the sump plug goes, so went for one of these adaptors.. Using some hondabond HT to seal it I then jacked it up and attempted to "snatch" it, went well, only lost about 50ml of...
  13. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Thanks pal! Make such a big difference to really freshening it up :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Right, so after croft I decided to paint my callipers, as they was starting to look real sorry for them selves. So I whipped them off, only to find the pads needed replacing too, whipped the pads out and the seals were buggered too haha. So they've been treated to a full rebuild with paint...
  15. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Think I paid £80 ea a corner, ad08's about £100 a corner Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

That's what a lot of people say, but, you get a extra 2-2.5mm tread on the ad08r's. Sump baffles on my list! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Found them amazing, but, can't compare them to anything really, as I've never tried any semi slicks, only road tyres. Ad08r's next I think Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Then I was up at croft circuit the week after for a track day that's organised through the ford RS owners club. Needed some new rubber, so thought I'd try these, Federal 595 RSR's All fitted :) Drove up to croft the following Friday, camped up there all weekend. Out on track all day...
  19. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Few snaps from Sunday :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Exactly. And guess what? Still Had a small oil leak after all this [emoji23][emoji23] I'll upload progress soon Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

It sure is pal, but it's all a learning curve, and as much as it ****es me off (occasionally) doing things my self, I wouldn't have it any other way :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Righttttt, So last time I was poking around under the car, I noticed some oil under there, did some searching and came to the conclusion that the drive shaft seal was leaking.. So, 2L of gearbox oil and 2 seals ( only changed the drivers side) Out with the shaft Swapped the seal and back...
  23. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Ahhhh it was you! I just seen a black ep3 flash And pipped naturally :) Been to Matlock? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. J

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Awesome! Glad you be sorted it mate! Looks so race car with poly Windows and rivets, love it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. J

EP3 - Struggling to read the dipstick

As said no warning light for low oil. If the oil light comes on it's too late. I usually check mine every full tank of fuel I get through so roughly 200 mile Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. J

EP3 - Struggling to read the dipstick

I haven't read all the comments so sorry if this is being repeated.. But I always find the first few thousand miles after a oil change. It being really hard to see on the dipstick. With the oil being so clean on a silver dipstick and not black makes it harder to see.. Best bet is to leave...
  27. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Cheers fella, it's down near ratcliffe power station Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Right then, it's been a while.. I lost my phone with all the decent pictures on of installation of the gauge. So it's just pictures of it done I'm afraid. So I set about getting the gauge in, first thing was to remove the plastic trim with heater dials on.. Which just pulls off. I then...
  29. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Cheers mate appreciate it! , more than probably was :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. J

Had my valve clearance done today

Just pm'd you, I know a guy in Derby that knows his stuff and doesn't charge a fortune.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Ahhhh that will be why then lol. Cheers, I'll have a read later. Are you on Facebook? There's a page for local Nottingham Honda meets! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

A snap I found from japfest Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Hmm, can't recall seeing a cosmic one? I'm not sure about the plate but I spoke to a guy in a black ep3 at the end of the session? Yes I'm from round there. Are you? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Cheers mate, aha, true type r colours right there, CW with red recaros :) There's a lot more to come yet Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Here's some more reading for any one that's interested :) Been a while so trying to make sure I don't miss anything. Well, to start with, I got my self some steel wheel nuts, I did have the tegiwa forged aluminium nuts but didn't fancy running them on track Went to try and get my tracking...
  36. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Cheers fellas! What was you in Krzys? I only did one session in the morning, tyres started overheating after about 5laps and killed my Corning speed. Got some federal 595 RSR's to go on soon :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. J

Scaring the wife...

That's unlucky! My girlfriend doesn't mind it at all, she's always the passenger on track days :) Justin
  38. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Bit more tidying up done, Got my self some more piping, new fittings and a turbo blanket Getting quite good and quick at whipping the front bumper off now too haha! I wanted to get rid of the middle joint on the longest run of IC piping. Less things to leak. Previous. New longer pipe, and...
  39. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Been a while since I've been on here, so think a update is due... Well here's a picture of the exhaust all fitted.. Got my self a K&N filter. The smallest I could find as its quite tight for space This is what oil I went for I was back under the car at 10 at night the night before...
  40. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Picked my B-pipe up today all sorted, so I cracked on and got the exhaust on. No pictures of it fitted yet as it was dark... The smaller old but that was cut off
  41. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Well tonight I went for a test start up, all went well, Tiny leak on one of the water pipes to the turbo but that was all :) Little video off first start https://vimeo.com/159127299 And once all the new heat wrap had "burnt off" https://vimeo.com/159127150 Hopefully the rest of my exhaust will...
  42. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

So, I went to fit the exhaust over the weekend along with a lot of other stuff, come to connect the down pipe to the cat back anddddddd it don't fit -.- So had to find some 3" pipe and a 3" flange to weld to the cat back. Not that easy to tell but these are quite different New bit of pipe and...
  43. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Cheers! Yes all done on the driveway lol. Cars all done now and sorted. Just a case of updating this.. It took me about 2 and a half weeks in total @ about 2-3 hours a night after work, and all day on the weekends lol Justin
  44. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Soo, yesterday i got my sump welded, then cracked on putting it mostly back together. An10 fitting welded to sump for oil return from turbo. I then refitted it and put the subframe back on, what a nightmare that is! ( didn't help it was urineing it down last night either) I think cause I've...
  45. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Clutch arrived Thursday, so I got straight on the job that night. Box was off within 3 hours.... Not bad for first time lol. New clutch and 3" back box to mate up to the rest of my 3" exhaust. Getting the box off Then Saturday I removed the old clutch and flywheel, went and got the fly...
  46. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

So tonight I fitted my 1000cc injectors and cooler grade spark plugs, didn't get many photos as its been raining and just wanted to get done. Cut old plugs off, crimped new ones on, Then fitted to fuel rail. :) They was a proper tight fit into the fuel rail and intake!
  47. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

So, I'm trying to take as many photos as I can and update as I go along... I knew there was a lot to do, but Jheeze I didn't realise just how much! [emoji23] So first things was to get the car pretty high up for ease of accsess to things and ready to do the clutch...When it arrives. And start...
  48. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Oh I also forgot to add.. On the journey to collect a lot of the stuff the teg did over 400 miles to a full tank, and the light didn't even come on! Yesss, it was a boring drive though
  49. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Right, started doing a few bits and bobs while waiting for a few more things to turn up. So I got some pictures of my lovely little collection I've got going on before it gets fitted. I was going to go down the NA route originally but having been there done that with my ep3 and all this stuff...
  50. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Sure has mate! And yes I certainly can lol Justin
  51. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Well the amount of things I've got in my garage at the minute is stupid, taking up so much space! Few more things to arrive and I'll post some pictures up [emoji57] Justin
  52. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Yeah I'm sweet mate, you? Thanks :) Justin
  53. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Thank you very much guys!Keep your eyes peeled for the next few updates! Justin
  54. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

That should keep you going for a while, will upload more at a later date! Justin
  55. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

So I got a new valve sorted shortly after and got the oem wheels on. I must say I do like them.. From a distance [emoji23]. Ordered some centre caps off eBay now I know the correct size for them, went for theses... Damn good fit tbh! Gave the wheels 3-4 coats of wheel wax ready for when they...
  56. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

18/1/16 So, yesterday me and my missus went on a little road trip, first stop Mansfield, only 20 mins away :) to pick up some unblemished condition oem wheel nuts and a set of brand new locking nuts. Oooooo shiny! Now you probably know what's coming next... So back in the car and on a road...
  57. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

18/1/16 So finally got round to cleaning my throttle body at the weekend, didn't look too bad when taking it apart. But has made a big difference when driving at slow speeds, no more of the jerkiness lol! Ready for removal. Off with the TB One of these was a bit of a pig to get out so had...
  58. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

8/1/16 Sooo, these came in the post. I thought the rear end looked plain, same with the sides! And finally got a new washer bottle cap as mine was cracked. Should be looking better if I get the chance to put on this weekend. Can't decide if I want the rear type r badge yet either! Justin
  59. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

7/1/16 Few updates.. Really need to keep on top of this lol So inbetween Christmas and new year I had a decent bit of time off [emoji1] ( what a distant memory that now is) And managed to do a few bits to the teg! When I ordered my exhaust mani I also ordered some rear anti roll bar "D" bush...
  60. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

15/12/15 Hi all, been on here a while now so thought it's about time to start one of these! Apologies if it's not the best, never done one before lol. I enjoy reading all the others out there, so I hope you enjoy mine just as much [emoji1] I previously had a ep3 which I loved, and of course...
  61. J

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Hi every one, Been a member on here for ages, looking back at my old posts from about 3years ago when I bought my first type R and I really didn't have a clue lol! A lot has changed since and I love my type r's and would say I'm defiantly a true Honda enthusiast! Any way, mostly I use and...
  62. J

Looking good mate! Never seen one of them tools for putting threads in the body, very handy thing to have! Can't wait to see the BGW [emoji16] Justin
  63. J

Gauges!

Hi, looking for some gauges. Overall I want boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauge. Found this after a search and want to know if any one has got it? If so what's it's like? Thanks Justin
  64. J

Cars looking awesome man. Done some real nice things, must be a weapon on track? What's the name of the company you used for the wheels, they look decent! This reminds me..I really need to re-paint my window wiper arms! Justin
  65. J

I pay £25 for mine [emoji13] Justin
  66. J

DC5 Manifold/JDM ARB?

Yh I've realised now haha. Well good luck and I hope you find the right house and mortgage deal for you :) Justin
  67. J

DC5 Manifold/JDM ARB?

Awesome, yeah deffo get a build thread going. I do enjoy reading them. I've got one on ITR forum but not here. I'm saving for my own place too. My missus has got another year left at uni before we will be looking at buying though! Justin
  68. J

Tegiwa intake question

As in the little pipe that goes on to the rocker cover? If so they sell them for about £16 IIRC Justin
  69. J

DC5 Manifold/JDM ARB?

Ahhh right, seems like you've got some big plans then and everything will be under control! Haha I know the feeling of running out of space. No chance of me parking a car in my garage at the minute [emoji23]. Haha Good luck! Justin
  70. J

DC5 Manifold/JDM ARB?

I know tegiwa stock them. And I'd recommend having a pair of anti roll bar drop links at the ready too. As they might not come off with out a fight lol. (That is of course if you need the car ASAP) [emoji106] Justin
  71. J

DC5 Manifold/JDM ARB?

No the fronts are the same thickness. Just the rear JDM bar is thicker than UK :) Justin
  72. J

Well worth getting them checked. I pay a similar sort of price to you. £100 odd at Honda seems ridiculous to say it's not even a hours worth of work once it's cooled down. Justin
  73. J

All you 230bhp ep3 owners.

When I had my ep3 which had most of the usual breathing mods and a map ( made 246 @ TDI north.) Had a little play with my friend who's got a m3, 2003 plate( not sure what model that is lol) And they was pretty similar. But once we got a bit faster he started pulling on me. As said above. These...
  74. J

ep3 manifold

Any thing that's got a flexi will more than likely need engine mount inserts to stop it from splitting Justin
  75. J

ep3 buddy club cat back too loud!

Cheers, I imagine your running similar?!looking at your graph [emoji106] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  76. J

Well, so far I've got a teg M induction kit, japspeed 4-2-1 mani/decat. 70mm TB, RBC intake mani which has been port matched with the TB. and a k100. Just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before getting it all fitted and mapped! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  77. J

It does make sense to me, if your going to do it, might as well do it right the first time round. And they quoted me £700 fitted? They will be mapping it aswell. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  78. J

Well this has changed my opinion, as I just need to find a exhaust I'm happy with before I get it mapped! I picked the buddy club because it's 2 3/4" bore would be better for power, but I would never get on a track with it I have looked at them, but thought £700 was a big step up from £450 for...
  79. J

How much is it worth? Buddy club pro spec 3

Recently bought this and it's too loud for me :/ Think I'm going to go for the tegiwa cat back as that's meant to be one of the quieter ones. So this brings me to my question.. How much is this worth? It had some work done to it by solid fabrications which was to raise the centre pipe away...
  80. J

Well I may end up selling soon! I'm getting it mapped soon and wanted something with bigger bore than 2.5" and something that wasn't going to scrape. Been quoted about £250 to get another silencer fitted -.- think I might just go for the tegiwa cat back to be honest. Sent from my iPhone...
  81. J

hi all :) won this on ebay a couple of weeks back for £186 (which i thought was a bargin!)? its had some work done to it to raise the centre section a bit, and put more of a angle on the back box. well i got round to fitting it the other week-end and damm its loud! even with the bung in the...
  82. J

EP3 Standard Airbox fitting help please!

It's okay had a good look and found where it connects to. My previous standard airbox never had the rubber pipe coming off the brass nipple. So jUst need o buy one :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
  83. J

EP3 Standard Airbox fitting help please!

I know this post is well over a year old but need some help! Just put a aem v2 on and there was no pipe going into my standard air box, the one what trancems on about. So where does the other end of this pipe go? Thanks :)
  84. J

First honda... First type R

Cool! My insurance quote when I first passed was £7000 lmao, so I had to wait
  85. J

First honda... First type R

Hi all, bought my first type r yesterday! its a 54 plate cosmic grey with only 66k on it ( which I think is very good considering its age) and the car is completely standard, with the exception of having the wheels sprayed black. so far very happy with the car :) just a little niggly bit I'd...
Back