• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. tafder

My EP3 wont always change gear!

Syncro wear depend a lot on how you drive I think. (to do their job, they will wear down...) - so mileage might not quite be a good enough indicator
  2. tafder

Vehicles require insurance unless you've notified the DVLA its off the road

It's basically a pain for everyone except the people who evaded everything in the first place...
  3. tafder

typhoon air intake

That was just class
  4. tafder

Can I use this oil on my CTR EP3 2005?

This is taken from the Civic workshop manual, Type-R supplement.
  5. tafder

typhoon air intake

Agreed. Hard to find power with different intakes. Easy to lose power with dodgy ones...
  6. tafder

Octane rating

Nope, I think it would be a placebo effect. Higher octanes would allow for more agressive ignition, but on a standard K20, you shouldn't care.
  7. tafder

Vehicles require insurance unless you've notified the DVLA its off the road

Really don't like this change. Makes it awkward on a few situations, such as the one mentioned by rossy t, and people who evade tax/insurance will still end up getting away with it.
  8. tafder

Can fully synthetic oil damage your engine?

Bollocks, full synth is fine.
  9. tafder

NHB I want it swirl free

Have you considered getting a polisher? they are starting to get surprisingly cheap, and if you wash frequently, can become a good investment. I've recently used a Meguiar's G220, and was impressed
  10. tafder

need new brakes

I've had the stoptech big brake kit, and they are eye-coming-out-of-socket good. Standard rear calipers.
  11. tafder

Toyo R888 worth it?

I've got R888 on my EP3, and use them on the road daily. They are really, really good as far as grip goes. Not bad on wet surfaces, but very bad on standing water. (i.e. I wouldn't use them daily through winter road driving) But if this is for legit drag racing, get slicks on...
  12. tafder

JDM Red mats?

Wow and I thought I was ripped off a few years back at £140...
  13. tafder

exhaust advice

Spoon N1. Just the backbox, with the option of adding/removing bung with only one bolt. Try one with a bung, if it's too loud for you, then go for something else. They sound terrific beyond vtec...
Back