• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

FK2 New Type R performance?

That's a great write up, cheers. I'm leaning greatly towards the type r over anything else at the moment. Hopefully the second hand market will pick up a bit in the future Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

Cheers for that mate. I've really got to get a test drive in one. I assume the 135i is quicker in a straight line? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. S

I am yet to drive the new Type R and am curious as to how fast it is. How doe's it compare to STi's, e92 M3's and focus's RS's ect? After driving an M4 at the weekend it has made me want to get something a bit quicker in the future. I've spent a fair bit of time in an e92 M3 and really like it...
  4. S

Ste's new car. Audi R8

Nice car mate!
  5. S

FN2 1st type r

I no it is tempting to go with a car at a Honda dealer. I used to think the same way, but in reality it means nothing. Be patient and you will find a good one. Their are loads out their that have been cherished. Good luck
  6. S

FN2 1st type r

Don't bother mate. Their are loads of good ones for that money. Not saying it is not good, but a potential 30k gap without a service is worrying. If you can find evidence of at least a couple of oil changes between 20k and 50k then that would be different. If it truly hasn't been serviced for...
  7. S

My favourite blue toy. DC5

Awesome read mate. Really enjoyed that. I was so close to getting a DC5 before I got my Champ white FN2. Still regret not getting one.
  8. S

FK2 FK2 general discussion

A link to this thread should be emailed to Honda UK. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. S

This whole saga is putting me off Honda for life. I can't believe how badly they are treating customers. They are obviously not bothered that people are cancelling as the cars are so sought after. In reality, the only reason they are sought after is because it is impossible to buy one. If they...
  10. S

Loxy's Estoril Blue F20 M135i LCI - Another car that never was

Awesome mate. Definitely think you have done the right thing. I'm going BMW for my next car after 4 Type r's. Get yourself signed up on M3cutters. It is really good and their are so many members that their is always somebody who knows an answer for your questions. Also is the gear box on these...
  11. S

Yeah I think their are a few bad dealers and if you get a bad car then they can be a right pain due to how sophisticated they are. I'm just going from what I have witnessed from the Cutters forum and Sytners Leicester. I had a 325i a few years ago and it was a bit of a shed so if I was to buy a...
  12. S

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

I've always been torn between Honda and BMW. I have had 4 type r's and in that time my mate has had 3 m3's so have quite a balanced experience of each manufacturer. BMW defiantly have a better customer service and their warranty and after sales support is second to none. Also strangely enough I...
  13. S

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

EP3 Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR **NOW FOR SALE** :( A BMW warranty is worth it's weight in gold if you can stretch to it. I've never known any other manufacturer to be so willing to repair a car under warranty. You can literally go in with a rattling dashboard and they would...
  14. S

Yes I believe so. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. S

New M2 details have just been released. 7:58 Nurburgring time (not that it matters) and 42k base price. 10k more than the 135i which doesn't seem that bad. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. S

They are fantastic cars. My friend has ran two of them and with BMW warranty they are not much more to run than a Type R.
  17. S

You can get a mint e92 M3 for 25k which is a brilliant car. Also the new F80's are coming down and should be under 40k soon.
  18. S

FN2 FN2 clutch

My missus rang me from work today to tell me the clutch is slipping on the FN2 Type R after 46k. Honda quoted their standard price of £660 but was wondering if anybody knows anywhere around the Leicester area where I could get it done? Is it a pretty standard job or would it be a bad idea to...
  19. S

The trouble with the 135i is that the M2 is going to be out soon and that will overshadow it Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. S

FN2 How much do you think this is worth?

Was that a private sale? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. S

FN2 How much do you think this is worth?

Due to their not being many for sale and the big price difference in the ones that are, I am struggling to find a fair price to put my car up for. It's a 2010 Champ white with 47k on the clock and full service history. It has had three previous owners and is standard. Any advice would be greatly...
  22. S

I am a member on M3Cutters and I have had loads of debates on the subject. I love winding them up. A lot of them think the M3 is the fastest car in the world and it just isn't. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. S

Merry Christmas to you [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. S

Wow. Can you move your car please so I can see your house? [emoji3] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. S

2nd gear issue

It does sound like a clutch or synchro. Either way it's around 500-800 quid to get sorted.
  26. S

In regards to PCP, did you no that their is a consumer law that states you can hand the car back with no penalty what so ever when you have reached the half way point of the PCP plan? They don't advertise that but it is correct.
  27. S

Wet driving

No I mean if good tyres still don't provide enough grip for what he wants then get an Evo. I didn't mean get an Evo and put cheap tyres on it. :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. S

Wet driving

Yes. I had ***** tyres on my first ep3 and it was unbelievably bad. Swapping the tyres makes a huge difference. Failing that, get an evo. :)
  29. S

I love the Evo 6. It was the first properly fast car I ever went in and it blew me away at the time. I wouldn't expect the civic to be as quick as that but maybe almost as quick as an M3. I've driven an e92 M3 a few times and they are pretty rapid but they are like a k20 in that you have to rev...
  30. S

Faster than an sti? That's impressive. It's amazing how far along these cars have come. It's almost to the point where their seems little point in spending loads on a car when a 30k hatch can compete. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. S

Nobody has really said how fast they feel. What does the straight line pace feel like compared to scoobies/m3's and the like? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. S

It might take a few tanks for your ECU to adjust to the fuel Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  33. S

Ah right. I doubt the prices will drop any time soon then as i'm guessing their wont be many about. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. S

Does anybody know how long Honda will be making these? Although I could get one I cannot justify the debt I would be in so will wait for a year or two. Also 32k can buy a lot of other cars. My mate got his 2010 e92 DCT M3 with 25k miles and full 2 years BMW Warranty for only 28k so it is kind...
  35. S

My 2009 Honda Civic Type R FN2 Milano Red

I love that visor. Where did you get it done and how much if you don't mind me asking?
  36. S

Took my champ white to Mountsorrel Honda today. They had the most beautiful NSX I have ever seen on show. The owner wanted it on show so took it down. It literally looked brand new! Not a single mark on it. Apparently somebody offered him 100k for it but he turned them down. It's only done 16k...
  37. S

FN2 Really thick question!

Yeah more than likely. They charged me half hours labour and the bulb. I rang Honda first and they wanted £60 just to look at it. Haha. Oh well you live and you learn.
  38. S

£35 all in. Expensive for a bulb, but I genuinely would never have guessed that. I would have had the trim in bits metering cables. lol
  39. S

Yeah I would not have guessed that. I was thinking it was either a controller, relay or a damaged cable causing voltage to leak across to the other circuit. Cheers
  40. S

We have a winner!! Absolutely bang on the money mate. I was going to wait until the weekend to take a look but I ended up taking it to my local garage after they said they could probably sort it for £30. I would never have worked that out as I didn't know their was dual and single filament...
  41. S

FN2 First Type R (FN2)

Yeah unfortunately they are quite bad. You get the odd one that is better but I have looked at loads and they all have stone chips. IMHO it is better to get one with stone chips as if it hasn't got any then it's been sprayed for one reason or another. Champ white seems to be a good colour and...
  42. S

FN2 First Type R (FN2)

Good luck in finding one without stone chips! And if you do then it has had paintwork done. The paint really is the worst on any car I have ever owned. If you are into detailing then you will be constantly annoyed as the cleaner you get the car the more the stone chips stand out. The only ones I...
  43. S

Ah yeah I no you didn't mean that mate. I meant that I should be able to sort it because I work on low voltage circuits as a job. Thanks for the input anyway mate. I'll post back on here when I have found what is causing it. Hopefully it's nothing stupid like a 29p relay that has gone faulty...
  44. S

Yeah your right. Probably something simple. I'll take a proper look at the weekend. I've had the car three months but it's not something I would notice as it's the rear of the car. Also my wife drives it mostly. It could be a poorly flitted bulb as that could potentially leak voltage across to...
  45. S

I live in Leicester Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. S

Ah ok cheers. Just been out and tried a few things and noticed that the drivers side brake light comes on with the main lights. When all lights are turned off and I press the brake then only the middle and passenger brake lights come on. It seems that the the brake light is getting a feed from...
  47. S

Do champ white type R's have rear fog lights then? When I turn the switch nothing comes on, on the rear. Proper stupid question I know, but I've never really paid attention to fogs on any of my cars as I don't use them Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  48. S

Ok cheers mate. Didn't think so. Bloody electrics!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  49. S

I have just noticed that the RHS brake light seems to always be on. Is this right? Is it actually a brake light or is it a kind of running light. If I press the brakes only the LHS and middle lights come on. The RHS is already on. Also when I turn on the rear fog switch nothing happens. Am I...
  50. S

EP3 high mileage k20s? Ok or stay away?

Yeah could be. That or never having valve clearances checked. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  51. S

I still think the FD2 is the best looking but I do really like this. The only good thing about it being ugly to a lot of people is it will devalue like a 3 legged race horse so in a years time hopefully their will be some good deals. Not so good for the people who buy now, but most people buy on...
  52. S

Or the Arial Atom? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  53. S

EP3 high mileage k20s? Ok or stay away?

The only thing that kills these engines is low oil and over revving both of which can happen quite easily. As long as you watch your gear changes when on the limit and keep an eye on the oil its bombproof. The failure rate due to manufacturing defects is tiny. In fact when one failed in an FN2 a...
  54. S

FN2 CW Prices

So what is the general consensus on pricing for these in the future? Do you think they will hold their value or go down in price? The prices have stayed quite stable for the last year and I am hoping that they will hold their value as they are quite rare and everything now is forced induction.
  55. S

FN2 75k service

I spent £660 getting mine done on my old 07 FN2. If I were to go back I would just split it over two services. So one year do your plugs and gear box oil and the next year your clearances. Makes the cost more manageable.
  56. S

Good write up. Cheers mate :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  57. S

How would you say the handling compared to your FD2 loxy? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  58. S

New Civic Type R Went and had a sit in one this morning. Lovely car. The seats are amazing. Im gonna hang on to my champ white for a bit though as I still have a thing for NA engines. Definitely one for in a couple of years though Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. S

Amen dude Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  60. S

I don't think you can beat a hot hatch for price/performance. I spend a lot of time on M3cutters and they all talk about "prestige and class." A lot of them won't even consider a hot hatch because of the image. You pay for a badge with those cars. A well sorted hot hatch is as quick as a 911 on...
  61. S

German cars in general just seem shocking lately. The Audi Rs cars are another that you need a warranty with. I drove my brother in laws RS6 and although it felt solid it also felt very expensive and that at any minute something stupid could cause a hug bill. Actually he had it serviced and the...
  62. S

Yes you definitely pay a premium for dealer approved but it is worth it. From memory, within the first 3 months of having his e92 manual he racked up a few grands worth of warranty claims. 2k just for an exhaust back box. Then he hydro locked the engine and needed a brand new V8 which was an 18k...
  63. S

One of my close mates has ran an E46 M3, E92 M3 manual and an E92 DCT. As long as you have a BMW warranty they are fine. 3 years of M3 ownership and it hasn't cost him anything other than fuel and service costs.
  64. S

I wonder what TDI will have in store for these? An extra 50bhp for under a grand? I bet a remap alone would give you 30+ Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  65. S

Zopa loans are the way forward. I've financed three cars this way. Really low interest rate and you can overpay as much as you like. Each overpayment knocks interest off so your monthly payments go down. As long as you have a good credit rating no other loan company can touch Zopa. Sent from...
  66. S

The thing that sells this to me is the running costs. I have friends and family who have m3s/5s and my bro in law had an RS6. They cost a lot more to run. Especially the Audi RS cars as they just seem to go wrong a lot. I can definitely see why the styling won't appeal to everyone though. I...
  67. S

Yeah over 2k for the carbon pack!! If I had the money I would gladly pay 30k though. I personally would prefer one over an Audi but would take a M3 V8 DCT after having a good drive in one not long back. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  68. S

Haha. Yeah that's the one. My screen name is the same (stayfreejc) so you can see the hammering I get. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  69. S

I'm a forum member on M3 cutters and I have been having a right good argument with those lads. The Type R beat the new M3 around a track in test and they can't handle the fact that on track this car is quicker. Obviously in a drag race the new M3 would win, but it seems that this 30k car is...
  70. S

http://youtu.be/X3n7zhb7aN8 New type r beats new m3 and rs3! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  71. S

Lucky git! I'm not jealous or anything.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  72. S

Yeah to be honest I prefer washing it myself. Keeps the swirl marks to a minimum. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  73. S

If my wife had an ST the sill plates would never blow then. [emoji1] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  74. S

Yeah is was that shape. Wow that is some bad luck you had. I was really impressed with the test drive to be honest. I was so close to going through with the purchase then backed out and got another fn2. I have heard quite a lot of bad stuff about fords build quality. I've had a few fords myself...
  75. S

I put a deposit down on a 2012 ST then pulled out 2 days later because I heard lots of horror stories. Are they really that bad?
  76. S

I need to test drive one of these. The plan is to get either this or the new RS in two years time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  77. S

FN2 Cw fn2

Mine is over 600 as well. It confused me at first.
  78. S

FN2 250bhp cost

It is a good point though. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  79. S

FN2 250bhp cost

Lol. It will still be the same car fundamentally Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  80. S

FN2 250bhp cost

I want to keep the civic really. For what I paid for it I could have got a mint e46 m3 or pretty much any other turbo hatch but I like the civic. Just something about type r's that I like. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  81. S

That's surprising. Maybe their focus on making it the best around the ring has compromised its on road experience. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  82. S

FN2 250bhp cost

1500 sounds pretty reasonable for the cams to be fair. I'm trying to stick below 5k for the whole lot so it seems doable. Cheers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  83. S

FN2 250bhp cost

So I've finally convinced my wife that modding the car would be a good idea and am just figuring out the costs. I know a remap with hondata, intake, cat back and braded brake lines will be around 2kish and will probably get around 215-220 on the rollers. What are the costs involved to push 250...
  84. S

FN2 vs Others

Yeah can't beat a girl in a fast car! Well until they curb the the wheels. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  85. S

FN2 vs Others

That's cheap. I am 30 and I pay £630 but that is with my wife on the insurance who has only been driving 6 months. She actually learnt to drive in an ep3 and took her test in an fn2. Lol Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  86. S

Sounds like a brilliant deal. They are around £300 p/m anyway and that is with a few grand put down as a deposit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  87. S

FN2 vs Others

The reason the ep3 kick seems stronger is because their is a dip in power just before it kicks in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  88. S

FN2 starting question fn2 type r

I had the same with my 07 plate. I swapped the batt which made it better but it would still happen every now and again. It is the flywheel on the early models. It's no big deal its just a bit annoying. I left mine as it didn't bother me Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  89. S

FN2 Championship White FN2

Just wondering how many champ white's were made as I was under the impression only 600 were made but mine is numbered over 600?
  90. S

FN2 vs Others

I forgot to mention that although the FN2 feels more planted and has more feel, the EP3 feels more nimble and the playful. As has been mentioned you really need to drive both as they both have their good and bad points Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  91. S

FN2 starting question fn2 type r

Is it an 07 or 08 plate by any chance?
  92. S

FN2 vs Others

I've had two EP3's and two FN2's. If you get an EP3 it is worth spending the extra on the premier IMHO. Main differences I found between the FN2 and EP3 are the handling. Like Loxy said, the FN2 is much more planted at high speed. It also has more steering feel and is a much better daily. I have...
  93. S

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

Sounds like Honda are holding the forum to ransom. Lol. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  94. S

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

Anybody on here ever drove one? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  95. S

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

I know you could buy a new type r for a couple of grand more but this wouldn't depreciate like a new one. I just love them, but I'm a sucker for anything Mugen. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  96. S

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

I wouldn't be surprised if Mugen discs did as their parts are crazy prices. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  97. S

FN2 Mugen 20 for sale

Just spotted this on Piston Heads. What I would give to own this car! http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/mugen-20--honda-civic-mk8-i-vtec-championship-white-type-r-2011/4322706
  98. S

Yeah definately but the RS is 4 wheel drive so it will be able to put it down better instead of torque steering. But yeah it's still a ford. Lol. I just hope the new type r is amazing to drive because the RS is looking very good.
  99. S

As much as I absolutely love Type R's the new focus RS has just killed it. 4 wheel drive and 345 bhp confirmed for the same price as the type r. Your going to be looking at 400 bhp after a decent remap. Where does this leave the new Type r? I really want to be able to argue the Type r's case...
  100. S

FN2 Cooking brakes

Good info. Cheers. I've been looking at brake lines. Is their much difference between the stoptech, hel and goodridge? Also I assume I should go with a 6 line kit? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back