• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

FN2 FN2 With High Mileage, Needs a Valve Clearance Check?

Gwynedd, North Wales.
  2. T

Is there anywhere you would recommend taking it to get parts fitted rather than a Honda dealer? I.e anywhere cheaper than a dealer.
  3. T

FN2 Buying guide/check list for the FN2 Civic Type R

Ye, I booked it in at my next nearest dealer, around an hour and a half away from me, hopefully they will be more willing to help although even they said due to the mileage and the location of the 3rd gear problem (the gearbox) it will most probably be a case of honda offering to pay only part...
  4. T

Gave Honda UK a call and they were no help at all basically saying it's up to the dealer we can't do anything, bye! :confused:
  5. T

Oops, not reading things thoroughly again. Haha, thanks for the help.
  6. T

So valve clearance should be included within a service or is it an extra that can be added on to of a service? Thanks.
  7. T

Roughly how much would we be talking for all that? Thanks!
  8. T

I'm getting the 3rd gear problem, wing mirror problem, rust along seals above the windscreen and a possible noisy valve problem along with a lot of interior rattling on my 57 plate FN2 and my local dealership refuses to recognise any of the problems saying they can't find anything wrong and...
  9. T

Hi guys, i recently purchased a 57 plate FN2 with quite a few miles on the clock, 120,000 to be specific. Looking through the service history it has had a service almost every 10,000 miles at my local Honda dealership but the valve clearance section shows no record of a valve clearance check...
  10. T

slight gear problems going into 3rd FN2

Bit of an old thread to bring up but I've just noticed this problem on my FN2 I bought 2 days ago. Do I literally just take that piece of paper into the dealer and tell them to fix it? Thanks!
  11. T

Knocking noise when reversing FN2

Hi guys, i currently own an 07 FN2 with 120,000 miles on the clock. I've noticed recently when I start reversing I can hear what I can only describe as one single knock from the engine. It's quite loud and easily noticeable from inside the car and out. Any ideas? Whilst on the subject of...
  12. T

Grinding/scraping noise when decelerating in gear??

Just noticed the same thing on my 07 FN2. When I put it into second gear and let the car decelerate you can hear a scraping/grinding noise!
  13. T

FN2 iPod connection, where is it?

Ah man! Thanks for the reply.
  14. T

FN2 iPod connection, where is it?

Hi guys, My first post and soon to be first Type R and Honda. I was just wondering if a 57 plate FN2 had iPod connectivity as I've read a few posts on about it. If so where is it? Thanks!
Back