• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Chimejczuk

First EP3 Build So Far !!!

UPDATE! Got the Sony headunit in "much clearer than the ebay cheapo" fitted a switch to wire up to subwoofer to turn on and off. subwoofer arrived yesterday just need a few hours spare to fit it in tidy. needing some extra ground wire for the capacitor. and going to give it a good clean...
  2. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

it was gearbox oil hitting hot exhaust
  3. Chimejczuk

Thanks pal, new stereo, switches and RickRR lighting kit came yesterday but car is in garage for Helicoil kit in gearbox drain "some previous owner decided to strip the threads!" so hopefully pick her up tomorrow and continue installing :D
  4. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

i hope so to pal, going to get booked into either Grinspeed or TDI North for clutch and synchros but was hoping to leave it till around Christmas time.
  5. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

yes you are all completely right but I didn't know it was the gearbox straight away I was on my way to house had seen the white smoke so just put it into neutral and coasted it to house. should of pulled over and pushed it but luckily I got away with it!
  6. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

your probably right but was raining hard and I was on my own so opted to coast it home. seems to be okay anyway no noises from box mechanic rang to say it has a clean bill of health. new helicoil new bolt new gearbox oil job done.
  7. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

Because i only lived 200m away from where it dropped. And NYA yea its in for checkup now.
  8. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

Thanks Stoo, safe to say I didn't sleep to well last night worrying gearbox had gone!
  9. Chimejczuk

GEARBOX PLUG CATASTROPHE

So yesterday my car blew lots of white smoke out the back and then the gearbox sounded like it had imploded!!! upon further inspection it would appear the Drain Plug for the Gearbox had pinged of and drained the box of fluid. Luckily I wasn't to far from home so nursed it home. this morning...
  10. Chimejczuk

Hole in engine bay!!

Thanks Stoo yea figured went for standard airbox instead will just to the Hondata Mod Thanks guys
  11. Chimejczuk

yeah i was a little concerned but i just did it one bolt at a time made sure everything goes back where it should do. Just need a new Cam cover so its nice and shiny and either polish or paint the inlet. should be spot on then!
  12. Chimejczuk

Hole in engine bay!!

Ahhh managed to get complete airbox with filter and all connecting pipes for £40!!!
  13. Chimejczuk

Hole in engine bay!!

Thanks Eptrois, i think after reading this i shall be looking for a Standard Air Box
  14. Chimejczuk

Hole in engine bay!!

oh great any ideas how to stop water hitting the filter? i did cover the hole with some aluminium but it got in the way of some of the steering mechanics!! last thing i need is water in the induction
  15. Chimejczuk

Just received my Skunk2 Weighter Gearknob Its amazing how much a little black ball of metal can make the inside look so much better. :D
  16. Chimejczuk

Hole in engine bay!!

Hi Guys, so ive owned my EP3 for just over a week and something happened which shook me a little. when i drive through a puddle water is getting up into the engine bay and onto the air filter (has some cheap induction kit with cone filter on for now) it appears in the back right of the engine...
  17. Chimejczuk

Update!! Just ordered my footwell lighting kit from Loxy £17 absolute bargain! also ordered a nice sub-woofer with capacitor and couple of switches to turn sub and foot well on and off. also got rid of the cheap Chinese cd player nad opted for a Sony Gt550 got one cheap of a friend. hope it...
  18. Chimejczuk

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

the pictures where you did lap of Glencoe and Kinlochleven look absolutely amazing!!
  19. Chimejczuk

HELP!!! EP3 making a noise when going reaching high speed (90mph+)

I had this noise recently but mine was like a low pitch humming and mine turned out to be the plastic moulding at the side of the window had lost the top clip so above 90 "on private road" it was vibrating. Lings car Parts £68 replacement with new clips as mine was scratched anyway but im sure...
  20. Chimejczuk

My civic type r Fn2 (update)

Stunning Car mate, i have just got an EP3 so going to run this for 12 months then hopefully get an FN2 or possibly the new one insurance permitting.
  21. Chimejczuk

Thanks pal still at it everyday after work when i can catch the Sun!! Update got my Pressed Plates on and wind deflectors. fixed the speaker wiring - who ever owned this before me made a right mess!!!
  22. Chimejczuk

Private Plate

oh yea didn't think of that.
  23. Chimejczuk

Private Plate

Thanks pal
  24. Chimejczuk

Private Plate

HI Guys, sorry if this is in the wrong place but its not actually for sale yet. i have a private plate M20 CTR - My 2.0 Civic Type R what do you think this would be worth roughly?? Any help appreciated :evil:
  25. Chimejczuk

Update! Hi Guys, Wind Deflectors arrived today, along with brake discs and pads so more work tonight!
  26. Chimejczuk

UPDATE, Just got this back from the Garage again, turns out he thinks it could be the Top Mounts knocking. advised not to worry about them until they annoy me that much I have to replace them. anyone have an estimation on price of replacing top mounts?
  27. Chimejczuk

My life so far with a Honda Civic type R So I purchased my first CTR on 11/07/2014 and got it for a good price which left me a little money to spend on it. This turned out to be quite lucky as there where a few essential things that needed doing and then I wanted to change a few bits and bobs...
Back