• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Blackhawkgax

Pain bleeding brakes!!.

Hi all. All I did was refurbed the front calipers. Clamped the brake hoses off just before the union/bolt that goes into calliper. Thought I'd not have to bleed much, but real pain in the ar** to get bled properly. I'm thinking this is a common ish problem on these. Have read a bit...
  2. Blackhawkgax

Erratic Idle Idle Control Valve Cleaning.

Hi all. After an ep3 rebuild and putting an engine in that turns out to be a brilliant engine but one that I know had been sitting around for a good couple of months. So on start up all good for a little bit, then when warmed up started to hunt idle wise pretty badly, say between 1K and 2.5K...
  3. Blackhawkgax

Front engine mount(lower) not top left or gearbox.

Just about to put engine mounts back on and reinstall engine after freshen up. My question is, the bolt that goes through the centre of the very front lower engine mount(middle) seems to fit very loosley. What I mean is the sleeve/hole appears to be too big for the bolt!. Is this normal, does...
  4. Blackhawkgax

VTC oil control solenoid??????????.

Hi all, am doing an engine out overhaul atm, general check over, timing chain, tensioners and alike. Have just removed the above, VTC oil control solenoid and have noticed there are none of the small ring mesh filters on it!!. These are shown in various images i have seen and in the workshop...
Back