• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. G

Correct oil checking method

Ah i'm with you, I do seem to get a better reading hot :D I often find the oil doesn't stick to the dip stick though, I get blobs here and there, but not a nice line to go off of. I might just drain the oil and refill it up with the exact amount for peice of mind. I only bought the car on...
  2. G

FYI - the reason I was confused, was because when the engine is cold the oil would have had time to settle in the sump and you'd get a truer reading of how much was in the sump. Where as if the engine is still hot it may not have had time to settle properly. If that's what you guys do though...
  3. G

Thanks for your reply, I'll give it a dip hot later and see if I can get a clearer reading
  4. G

I'm the same, with it warm I can't seem to get a clear reading. VTEC is still kicking in as normal, and there's no oil warning lights up on the dash, so I know it can't be too low on oil, but I'm concerned that I'm getting very inconstant or unclear readings off the stick. Is the proper way to...
Back