• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R

Engine/Gearbox Mount. Is this normal?

Yep thats the one. Will have to jack up the gearbox tomorrow after work and try remove the bolt to see whats up with it. Got a feeling that the gap on the rusty chassis is meant to be a captive nut or something though, looks like it :( Thanks for pulling up the diagram mate.
  2. R

Bolt won't budge. Absolutely solid. Would I get a drawing from a haynes manual for it maybe?
  3. R

Heres another picture I took just there. It looks like its meant to be attached to the bracket there but its completely broke off. Can anybody confirm? Job for a welder?
  4. R

So I'm getting this weird squeak/clunk noise every time i accelerate or press the clutch. I found the issue to be the mount on the gearbox. I took a bar to it and actually managed to lever the top bolt going into the chassis out. Does this mean that something else, other than the mount is...
  5. R

Battery Not Charging

A wee update if anyone is able to help. The car has started first time no problem over the last 2 days. I checked the charging battery voltage last night and it was sitting at 13.9v. So i suspect a dodgy earth connection but i couldnt see much wrong. Is there anything else that can cause this?
  6. R

Battery Not Charging

Dmrichards i PM'd you. Not sure if you got it though because theres nothing in my sent box
  7. R

Battery Not Charging

yeah am getting the 12v across the battery when engine off, but still 12v while running. But the alternator body is giving out 14v. Must not be finding its way to the battery somehow?
  8. R

Battery Not Charging

Hey there. I'm having some issues with my 52 plate Civic Type R. Over the last few days I've had to jump start my car at every startup because the battery has been dead. I checked the voltage at the battery while it was running and it shows 12.2-12.6v. I then tested the battery positive onto...
Back