• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. IB_Bangin

Clutch/flywheel problem

well i already told them to change the clutch not the flywheel, but as they called around 6, i thought i better check this out while i have time to change my mind. It's rushing me £500 already and they figure they quoted for both was a LOL moment so ... i still think this is just a dealer...
  2. IB_Bangin

Clutch/flywheel problem

no slipping at all, also they say the master cylinder is fine. i specifically asked they check for faults in the hydraulics before proceeding, I could go back and look, but that's going to be tricky as i've already had to miss some work because of this... too late the car is already in at Honda...
  3. IB_Bangin

Clutch/flywheel problem

when they called it was all "some scoring" and "may cause some judder" not a definite this thing is fucked beyond use and you need to change it. I don't really want to take a risk but I cant help but think it's just a dealer's way to screw money out of me for a not totally needed job. It's not...
  4. IB_Bangin

Clutch/flywheel problem

on way home from work Friday, pulled put onto roundabout, had a fight to get into second gear. Took it easy but had increasing difficulty changing gears. Got home took it to dealer Monday, after a short test drive they just said clutch is "on the way out". They've inspected it today and just...
  5. IB_Bangin

Clutch/flywheel problem

Hi all, I have an 05 with 40k miles and my clutch has gone. I took it into he stealers today and they say the clutch is excessively worn and that I have some scoring on the flywheel and both need changing. I'm Surprised for a few of reasons 1) I've had it since new and don't thrash it...
  6. IB_Bangin

been pranged - hit & run!

Hi, well i was at a mates house last night, had a few beers and generally had a good night. Until.... bout 3am, I heard car moving pretty quick, screech and bang, car reversing then more screeching tyres. i got up looked out of the window, my car looked ok, so i went back to sleep, only to...
  7. IB_Bangin

Road Angel Advice needed please :-)

hey thanks for the reply, i'm thinking bottom right side because it's easier to reach and there is a gap from the end of the os wiper and the edge on the screen so the front laser detector should have a clear view. i'll have to have a good think about this... cheers mark >;o)
  8. IB_Bangin

Road Angel Advice needed please :-)

ok, i went out today after (hopefully) avoiding 2 mobile laser vans in 4 days and bought me a road angel 2. I'm getting it hard-wired next week (I'd do it myself but i don't want to see my pride and joy go up in flames!), so I'm looking for a bit of advice in positioning it. I know in the...
Back