• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. P

My Black FN2 Type R

Yeah, when i first got the car i wasn't too keen on the spoiler. its really grown on me now. I know this sounds daft but in the flesh it looks much better than in photos. probably because it looks better at certain angles than others. As for the wheels, I had considered Mugen wheels but i...
  2. P

My Black FN2 Type R

Well, Thought i'd share some pics of my FN2. Been off work this week so managed to get the car to the bodyshop to have the Mugen front splitter, rear diffuser and front grille painted and fitted. Really pleased with the look of the car now. Sets it off with the Mugen rear wing and vented...
  3. P

Loxy's Type R #4

I know what you mean about the exhaust. My last GTO had a loud exhaust and it was really hard to live with on a daily basis. I ended up sticking two bags of steel wool up the pipes into the back box to quieten it down. It was just bearable then. Peter.
  4. P

Loxy's Type R #4

Looks awesome with the splitter and diffuser mate. I'd never seen the white insert for the mugen badge either until now. Will you be getting the mugen grille as well? Peter
  5. P

FN2 My FN2: love/hate

Fuel consumption - I think it's pretty good. Don't know what you're used to but i've had Supra, 300zx, Mitsubishi GTO, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Corvette, Trans Am, Camaro, etc and my FN2 Type R fuel economoy beats any of those by miles. It's even slightly better than my standard 2 litre Preludes of...
  6. P

FN2 Fitting Mugen body parts

Looking to hopefully get these Mugen style parts ordered and fitted by the beginning of July. Is the mugen front splitter any lower than the stock or is it just a different shape? I don't really want to cause any speed bump clearing issues as this is bad enough already lol. I'm going to get...
  7. P

FN2 how do I get a spare key transponder for my FN2?

Further Update. Cannot fault the Honda Garage. They have supplied and fitted a full new lock set with 2 key transponders and are also refunding my original payment for the key. Peter
  8. P

MarBras milano FN2 #00252

I've got genuine mugen spoiler and vented wings but want to complete the look with the rear diffuser and front splitter but can't afford the genuine Mugen ones. Was looking at the cheap ones on eBay and Loxy suggested the type r kits stuff as they seem to be a decent fit.
  9. P

They bloody better. They're speaking to the service manager first thing Monday morning.
  10. P

Update: Well, got my key ordered from Honda, came in last week and went this morning to get it coded. They called me into the workshop to advise that they now can't get either key to turn in the ignition barrel!! So they've buggered my car and I'm now driving a Honda Jazz as a courtesy car...
  11. P

Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the other Kits and weigh up the costs.
  12. P

There's no law on the brightness of reverse lights and from what I can tell, the brighter the better. These serve a dual purpose of letting people know you're reversing and also lighting up the road behind you so you can see where you're going in times of poor lighting. Peter.
  13. P

Can't find your write up mate. Tried using the search feature in different ways and still no luck. Do do you have a link? This is is the rear splitter I was considering. Anyone had any experience with this? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321725378804 Peter
  14. P

Cheers Loxy. I was hoping they'd be like my Prelude skirts where you used the original bumper and then fitted the skirt extension to it. I'll check out the how to guide you posted :) Peter
  15. P

I'm still undecided what to do in this area but the answers here may help sway my decision. My car already has the Mugen front vented wings and the Mugen spoiler so i was considering completing the look with the front splitter and rear splitter/bumper extension with the circular tail pipes...
  16. P

FN2 Speedo running a little high

Wow. Didn't think it would be that high. I'd expect maybe 1-3 mph. Cheers Loxy, that's put my mind at rest. Peter
  17. P

FN2 Speedo running a little high

HI All, I've noticed that my Speedo is running around 4-5 miles an hour out at the high side. I calibrated this with a GPS speedo and when the car says for instance 60, the GPS says 55-56. Is this a common thing with these cars? The only other thing i can think of that would cause this is...
  18. P

Loxy's Type R #4

Thats an Awesome looking car you've got there mate. I LOVE these in Championship White. That would have been the colour i'd have had if i could have found one within my price range, best colour by far! (I'm still more than happy with my black Mugen one though) Good list of planned Mods. Only...
  19. P

Nice looking car you have there, only thing i'm not keen on is the black wheels, but thats just personal preference Don't know how much a wheel repair will cost but it may be cheaper to buy a new wheel. There was a one on ebay the other for £60 i think if it's still there. Peter
  20. P

FN2 How should i drive my Type R? Techies?

Cheers Loxy. :)
  21. P

On the other side of the coin, If you do drive them hard is there any likelyhood of mechanical failure? I don't mean red lining them, just pushing them a bit into the iVTEC? I know Hondas are reliable, i've had tons in the past, Mainly Preludes but this is my first Civic Type R and a part of...
  22. P

FN2 FN2 Double Din conversion. Anyone done this?

Ah right. That makes more sense. Cheers
  23. P

Ah right, cheers. I was just thinking of a normal double din DVD player like Sony or xtrons. Didn't realise you could get a honda one?
  24. P

Hi all, as the title says, just wondering if anyone has done this and wondering how easy it was. Been looking at the kits in eBay and the insert does not look textured like the oem stereo. Also wondering about the loss of use with the steering wheel controls and what happens with the clock...
  25. P

Cheers. Just wasnt sure with not knowing much about the ivtec engine. Thought that with the lifters altering and stuff the top end may not get enough oil if you don't open the ivtec up enough.
  26. P

FN2 New fn2 owner, stone chip advice

As far as chips away goes, It's usually cheaper to go to a bodyshop and get the work done to be honest. Peter
  27. P

Been in touch with Honda and they have quoted £216.65 inc vat for the Key Transponder that comes pre-cut from Honda but get's programmed in-house. This is very expensive for a spare key. My other option is to buy this key from ebay...
  28. P

I know thuis sounds like a really daft question but i'll tell you why i'm asking. A few year ago i knew a guy who had some engine trouble with his type R. He had the car to Honda who told him that he "wasn't driving the car aggresively enough" which resulted in the engine going funny. Now, i...
  29. P

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

Sorry for jacking the thread a bit, just thought if you're a fan you'd like to see them. love your seats in leather. Is that a factory option or were they recovered at some point? Peter
  30. P

My first car CTR '05 plate NHB

Nice car, looks really clean :) If you like The Fast and Furious You'll love my previous cars Peter
  31. P

Thanks, I've tried emailing my local honda dealer. Hopefully they'll get back to me with a positive answer.
  32. P

Hi all, Just got my FN2 a week ago and my most pressing issue is it didn't come with a spare key. I also don't seem to have the bit of plastic the manual talks about. Now, I've never lost a key in my life but have always had a spare just for piece of mind. Anyone know how I could go...
Back