• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. minor_Legend

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

That looks awesome. I'm liking everything you've fitted so far.
  2. minor_Legend

Bought an EP3 facelift

Nice looker and unusual & refreshing to hear of an owner doing away with mods. My own Milano Red EP3 is about preservation rather than tuning.
  3. minor_Legend

04' Satin Silver EP3 - My First Honda

Nice going so far. I got my EP3 around the same time as you. I've not done anything like the amount of stuff as you have. Still tidying up odds & sods.
  4. minor_Legend

Audio advice

Yeah, you have quoted me as saying decent aftermarket speakers - by which I would refer to 2/3way design, large magnets, quality cone construction & leading brand name from the likes of Alpine. Pioneer, JL etc (polk, rainbow if you have deep pockets) For reference my EK had factory paper coned...
  5. minor_Legend

Bedding in brakes. Steady or Heavy?

Main issues arrive when stopping hard from higher speeds & not releasing the brakes trapping heat in the disc/pad contact area. Scrub em in on the roads for a week then go!
  6. minor_Legend

My JDM Civic EP3 Type R.

Nice. Total thumbs-up for your plans going forward. I'm doing the same with my UK car.
  7. minor_Legend

How restrictive is the OEM backbox?

I removed an aftermarket tailpipe (cobra) for a genuine Honda OEM item & definetely noticed a loss in power up past 7k rpm. Probably a good few bhp if you can feel it.
  8. minor_Legend

Lowering springs - yay or nay?

My EP3 came on Tein springs with what must be a 30/40mm drop. It's not slammed which is a look I hate. It rides quite nicely over bumps etc, not sure on the dampers as they are just stock looking, though I have the original struts from the car. What I'm saying is, I find the OEM springs look a...
  9. minor_Legend

Firewall access/grommet into cabin - Amp wiring

Wheres best on my EP3 to run the stereo +ve cable into the cabin? Nothing seems obvious & I'm not the sort to bodge before getting it right. Any pics would be handy. Thanks
  10. minor_Legend

Audio advice

Whilst all the above regarding amps is true, there's no reason why a modern head unit & aftermarket speakers can't be great on their own. The poor sound quality is due to the door itself & the general tinnyness of its construction. Invest in some dynamat sound deadening & properly applied...
  11. minor_Legend

Improved handling modifications advice

Just to add regarding the tyres. My EP3 had some naff tyres when I bought it. I had to replace the fronts as a matter of urgency so fitted some Rainsport 3's. Whilst putting up with the rears I was convinced the car had knackered bushes, dampers & even a noisy wheel bearing at the rear. It...
  12. minor_Legend

2002 Milano Red EP3 - showing her some Love.

Drying off after a clean.
  13. minor_Legend

Long time - no update. Seems like ages ago I stripped out the factory headunit & associated dash plastics. I proceeded to give the fascia a rub down & repaint in std looking silver ( I couldn't decide on what theme or product to use if I wanted to carbon wrap or whatever) Handle inserts...
  14. minor_Legend

EP3 Buying Ep3

Nice one, enjoy! Mines down 40mm, just gives the lightest of scrapes entering my drive, seems OK on any speedhumps.
  15. minor_Legend

FN2 FN2 Type R - Silver or Black

Yeah but Red?
  16. minor_Legend

sticky brakes, sugestions?

Definately a seized caliper. I've just sorted 2 on the rear of mine. It didn't even require the handbrake it was that bad.
  17. minor_Legend

EP3 Buying Ep3

I bought mine on close to 170k, no history. Knowing the exhaust was shot the only other issues have been seized rear calipers. Happy so far & the car has plenty of life left in it. Seeing how easy they are to find for sale, my advice would be to look at a few & be sure to check fr & back...
  18. minor_Legend

New Black Modified FN2 Owner (Bath, Somserset area)

Hi. Ditto comments on the wheel colour, car looks great. I'm in Bridgwater, Somerset.
  19. minor_Legend

More braking news! Another rear caliper was needed along with a rear pad set as the seized caliper on the off-side had cooked them. That's been sorted along with new fluid by my trusted local garage. I'm still not convinced the braking is as it should be, so a fr caliper refurb is on the...
  20. minor_Legend

EP3 Coming back to the ep3 fold ;)

Welcome back. Looks a nice example, the opposite to mine in many ways. I took a gamble on a miley Milano with no history for £1300, no regrets as yet.
  21. minor_Legend

Another short update. A binding rear brake has got considerably worse over the last few days, so a seized off-side caliper was the diagnosis. Cue a garage bill for almost a £100 on Christmas week. Not ideal but the car feels a lot better for it. The brakes do need attention though & still lots...
  22. minor_Legend

Keeping this up to date. I had an utter mare with the exhaust. Turns out the flange on the end of the cat for the mid section was badly rusted & required a new cat. The centre section or B pipe? wasn't in good shape either, so that also required replacing. My mechanic suggested new Lambda's...
  23. minor_Legend

Wet driving

Premium brand tyres for me on everything I drive. It says a lot about the car & owner imo. Ditto the comments for Uniroyal Rainsport 3's too. Great tyres. Seeing as we see so much rain in the UK, I run these as my default tyre.
  24. minor_Legend

What exhaust?? Ep3

Surely the sound is an utterly personal thing? I'm about to go OE on mine & bin the modified tat she came with. I hate the loud, attention seeking note. But that's just me
  25. minor_Legend

My New Cosmic Grey EP3

Stunning, looks lovely as it is.
  26. minor_Legend

Cleaning Products / Detailing Thread!

I use Dodo Juice Lime Prime lite polish as it is non abrasive, so ideal for the soft paint on Honda's. No good for getting out scratches, but doesn't create any swirls. I use Meg's Gold Class wax, though I don't find it especially long lasting (could be my shampoo), but it does go on & come off...
  27. minor_Legend

Hi. I'm Craig & new to the forum & CTR ownership. I've just traded up to this Milano Red Type R from from a 98 Civic coupe I'd had for 5 years. The car was picked up for a bargain £1600 found on Gumtree nearby in Weston-Super-Mare. She boasts 165k miles but still feels tight enough overall in...
  28. minor_Legend

Wet rear seat belt.

Ive experienced that in a different car, removed the 1/4 trim to look (hose pipe outside) & yes, failed window rubber above a seat belt reel, wayer dripping in. Not un-common.
  29. minor_Legend

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

The finish on the wheels isnt paint, it's surface treatment like anodising & suchlike. Not only is this expensive but the prep to a set of used wheels in order to get a good result would also be incredibly expensive. I would say either get them airbrushed to the effect you want or just change...
  30. minor_Legend

Arrons Cosmic Grey EP3

Agree, Lovely colour. Give it some Love.
  31. minor_Legend

My Milano Red CTR

That is looking awesome. To go even further Back into the Future, you could have de-facelifted it.
  32. minor_Legend

Apologies – Another Oil Question

As this is on-topic. Any specific advice regarding oil for a high mileage K20?
  33. minor_Legend

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

As simple as that! Many thanks for the reply.
  34. minor_Legend

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Progress on this is inspirational. Can I ask how you routed the speaker wires through into the doors? I havent looked yet but was expecting bodgery of some kind. Do enlighten me as to how you did it.
Back