• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Yeti

Headlight Issues FN2 GT

Cheers for the response, much appreciated. So there is no way of getting round this issue? I got my kit from HIDS4U which I was under the impression were a good option for the after market kit?
  2. Yeti

Headlight Issues FN2 GT

Since I purchased my FN2 i had an issue where the headlights would flash when turning the car on. I didnt think it as much of a problem as it was only brief whilst the starter motor was going. As soon as the engine started the lights would both come on and all would be well. Last week I...
  3. Yeti

Yeti's FN2 GT

Well here she is, the latest member of the clan. This is my 58 plate Type R FN2 GT which, needless to say, i am absolutely smitten with! I picked her up Thursday 22/10/2015 and here we are only 2 days later and she has received the full treatment (detailed by myself and my old man)! It has...
  4. Yeti

FN2 Folding wing Mirrors on GT FN2

Perfect, thanks for the info, seem to be working perfectly in that case. Seems a bit odd to bother installing folding wing mirrors but not have them trigger when you lock the vehicle IMO!
  5. Yeti

FN2 Folding wing Mirrors on GT FN2

Finally picked up my Milano Red FN2 yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. The car is getting the full treatment this weekend, I am planning on claying it, polish, wax to get her looking sparkly. Basically aim is the family can eat their Sunday lunch off of it come end of play Sunday! :lol...
  6. Yeti

FN2 Purchasing my first Type R

Thanks for the heads up. If I contact Honda and provide them with the reg will they be able to provide me with details about the recalls on the vehicle and whether they were done or not?
  7. Yeti

Loxy's Type R #5 - '65 BSB FK2 GT - The car that never was

I suppose that is actually quite a good point. At least they seem to be going through the trouble of getting it right first time even if it does mean some temporarily unhappy customers?
  8. Yeti

Couldn't agree more on that one! If the recall was a year down the road then perhaps less of an issue but receiving the car after all this hassle and then having a recall on it within the first 6 months would be the final straw for me personally!
  9. Yeti

And looks better if you are like me and like more a sleeper. Civic looks beautiful but looks fast, BMW looks like any other 1 series to anyone who doesnt know what they are looking at. Could also see how that would be a turn off for allot of people on the BMW front.
  10. Yeti

I partly agree with what you are saying about buying the BM and then wishing you had gone for the civic but the same argument goes either way IMO. Might well wait it out for the civic and then in a few months be thinking you should have gone with your gut and the BM.
  11. Yeti

Glad to hear you are enjoying it! It is funny you should mention that because out of the 3 I looked at whilst finding "the one" I found the first I drove (also a 57 I believe) had a very heavy clutch but also had a high biting point so perhaps not the same issue. Initially I thought this was...
  12. Yeti

Cheers for the heads up! Like i said felt good as gold so fingers crossed this time in 2 weeks i will be a very happy chap! I checked the service history and it has a book full of stamps that follows the miles between service but not so much on the time between service. This was an issue for me...
  13. Yeti

Hi All, I am new to posting to the forum but have been reading like a bookworm over the past few months trying to gather every last scrap or spare information regarding FN2 Type R's. Firstly just wanted to thank everyone's posts that I have read so far and the information available on this...
Back