• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. LG87

Which mod first, Polybush or LSD + Final Drive?

Also vote for LSD and final drive, total transform the car.
  2. LG87

EP3 Changing the final drive ratio

I went with a 5.1 Final drive while I was having the diff fitted, the difference is noticeable, but can't wait until I have the car mapped along with supporting mods!
  3. LG87

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

Mental mate! Brakes look great too :p
  4. LG87

Milano EP3 - Back From the Ring!

Nice mate, As Krzys said, I too went for a MFactory racepack diff, i also had the Super Pro front castor correct bushes fitted and since then has the steering feels so much better! I'm off to the ring on friday, it will be my first time, so i'm buzzing!
  5. LG87

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

He'll have a Mfactory racepack diff, Spoon 5.1 FD, carbon syncros and Running 250BHP before you know it :lol:
  6. LG87

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

I've just read this from start to finish, glad you managed to find a good base car to start with. As all have said on here, always check your oil weekly, I do, mine hardly burns oil but it has become second nature now to check on a weekly basis. Buy a decent make of 5w/40 to keep for topping up...
  7. LG87

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

I love taking my EP3 to Mexico, definitely worth the hassle getting there for it. :lol:
  8. LG87

Naughty mate, looks even better in the metal! Nice video of you out in Mexico testing it too.
  9. LG87

Type R Number 2 Facelift JDM EP3!!! **Small update**

Absolutely stunning mate. So clean!
  10. LG87

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

:smt005:smt005:smt005:smt005
  11. LG87

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

Jesus Dotty, not hanging about mate! Nice progress already!
  12. LG87

DC5 restoration - track project

I love that seat Chris! lovely stuff.
  13. LG87

EP3 Brake pads upgrade. DS2500 or PBS brake pads for the Nurburgring?

Apologies to Hi-Jack the thread, but what are your thoughts on the NS400 pads, are they better than OEM as stated? I will be doing the occasional track day.
  14. LG87

Krzys' 2002 Nighthawk Black Track EP3 Type R - Dave

Haha, Just watched some of the vids again, that session two you looked very quick! Doesn't look very forgiving Cadwell, looks like one mistake and it's all over. Fantastic mate.
  15. LG87

Fd2

Very nice mate, Love the colour. Two lovely Hondas mate.
  16. LG87

Front suspension struts

I had Sachs on mine, I followed what people said that Sachs are OE quality, bought some and they lasted 10months.... Few others said the same. I bought OE in confidence after my issues above. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. LG87

Front suspension struts

Yes TuckR how we doing mate? Here you go, even cheaper at the moment: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/2001-2005-type-r-suspension-c-17_764_1090.html Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. LG87

5.1 is not that bad mate, mines fine, anything above would be. Always run a longer 6th.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. LG87

Front suspension struts

Hello mate, I've just done the same, Genuine Honda ones from Cox's, not badly priced. Car feels fantastic coupled with ABP Eibachs! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. LG87

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

Lovely mate, i really want one of these so badly! You seen the bits Phil does at Dream Automotive for the FK? Their downpipes look lovely, welds are so clean!
  21. LG87

Krzys' 2002 Nighthawk Black Track EP3 Type R - Dave

Great thread, always love watching track vids! Both your EP3s are lovely Kryz L ( villain_EP3 on insta by the way ;) )
  22. LG87

You know my thoughts man, So clean. I can't wait to get mine mapped now after being in yours, yes the peak gains aren't in the same numbers as a boosted car, but that mid-range gain is where it's at. Great footage of you going around Silverstone, and love that pic in the garage pits. L
  23. LG87

04' Satin Silver EP3 - My First Honda

Thanks man, yeah i'm looking forward to getting them fitted, I have a Rear JDM ARB to go on also. Meet wise we haven't been going long, but the word has spread and the numbers are rising nicely, we had 20 cars in February! Bring on the warmer weather! Feel free to pop along mate! Thanks for...
  24. LG87

Hi All, I have found myself lacking on updates for the Civic again, I have been doing bits to the car but once again forget to document these at the time. Nothing exciting yet, but as said previously in the thread, there was something not quite right with the front end, felt a little...
  25. LG87

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

damn son! Absolutely mental mate. Strong work.
  26. LG87

Wouldn't of missed that invitation bro! Loved it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. LG87

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

Damn Dotty :eek:so nice man.
  28. LG87

It was a good day this, some strong figures, i've been in this and it pulls like a train! Perfect car now in my opinion!
  29. LG87

front ARB size - Bush size

Thanks Phil!
  30. LG87

front ARB size - Bush size

Hi All, I may get shot down for this, I've tried searching but no luck or getting conflicting information online. from what I gather, the UKDM and JDM run the same diameter front ARB just different shape, I need to replace the front ARB bushes on my UK EP3 Civic Type R, i see 24mm, 25mm...
  31. LG87

EP3 - Balljoints

Thanks Chris, i'm on ABP Eibach lowering springs so not sure if i need the uprated ones?
  32. LG87

EP3 - Balljoints

Thanks for the advice guys! Shoonk, i think you are correct, this is something I've heard by searching online now also. Good to know.
  33. LG87

yeah buddy! Getting there now Sean!
  34. LG87

EP3 - Balljoints

Thanks as always Lewis, even if I'm on ABP Eibach springs? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. LG87

EP3 - Balljoints

Hi All, Apologies if this has been covered, I've tried the search function but no luck. I'm looking at re-freshing the front end of the EP3, I want to do it all at once to get it done, has anyone had experience with the Jap Service spares ball joints? Link...
  36. LG87

Yeah it's worth it Tom, it's so noticeable, I'm glad I went with the Spoon Final Drive too, just need to Map now with header and inlet, should be sweet as. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. LG87

New car, back to the Vtec

Looks Good buddy, i'm with you on the wheels, not fond of the purple. Good base car and great colour. What are you plans?
  38. LG87

Hydraulic steering for EP3

You know that Krzys, feels so much better with a Diff!
  39. LG87

Thanks GodSequal, yeah I wanted to get that done first, I will then look at mapping at some point! Grinspeed are worth it so I'm not fussed on the distance really mate. Went for a spirited drive at the weekend, can't explain how good having a LSD is, the grip in the wet is unreal. Next on the...
  40. LG87

My Milano red DC5

My god that is clean! Lovely 5 man!
  41. LG87

Ah apologies mate, I got the wrong end of that. Good to hear you are impressed with it, you think you could see yourself in a EP3? Absolutely love the EP3 mate, As said in my original post, i have had Volkswagens ever since i passed my test until i got the EP3 November 2015, I've had MK1s...
  42. LG87

Ah Chris, You've done me in with that picture, looks amazing mate, I've never wanted a DC5 as much as i do now after seeing that. Great work mate.
  43. LG87

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Great read this! So clean yours, and as said must of been one of the last ! Mugen twin loop is naughty.
  44. LG87

Suspension Query

Another vote for Eibach springs, camber arms, bolts and a FRSU. I know a couple of people who went from this setup to coils and regret it. I love this setup on my EP3.
  45. LG87

Thats good to hear, i have often found myself looking at something turbo - Evo or the likes, but think i will miss the Revvy, ring the neck out of it car. I really want a DC5 so it's nice to hear this feedback. Thanks for the info on the tyres, i think i will go for AD08s then! Any further...
  46. LG87

Great save Chris, came up nicely! Great read on the opening post regarding the Evo. Are you preferring the DC5 then? Looks great on the wheels, also, how are you getting on with the RSRs? L.
  47. LG87

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

What pads would you go for then Chris?
  48. LG87

Thanks Commander, it is getting there. Is there any reason you went from a EP3 to a FN2? How are you liking it?
  49. LG87

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

I've just read this from the start Mark, damn. I can't even comprehend how it must of felt ordering it from Japan, let alone it being a FD too. It is an absolutely stunning example and really love the colour, and love the wheels. Looks sweet as mate. L.
  50. LG87

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

Nice work mate, Always good to go Grinspeed, I do a 7 hour round trip just to use Stevie. Your plans seem spot on too!
  51. LG87

Thanks Sean :D Need to ensure I keep the thread up to date :p
  52. LG87

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Stunning mate! Attention to detail, and detailing is fantastic, Proper clean! Definitely recognize this floating around.
  53. LG87

You know my thoughts Sean :twisted: lovely. Yeah i've seen you about too, i live in Leighton!
  54. LG87

TimGoj's Cosmic Ep3 - New to TRO

Nice work Tim, lovely clean car. Great mods too.
  55. LG87

Thanks JMR! Yeah my aim with the car is go OEM+ , keep it near on standard looking but with performance upgrades. I like people thinking it's standard in a way. Thanks again mate, L
  56. LG87

Ah nice buddy, I've done quite a bit in a short time but i just thought while doing the clutch, i might as well do Diff and final drive at the same time while the box is out, it's definately spiraled out of control a bit :lol: . It's always good to tidy up odds and sods, still got a few small...
  57. LG87

Type R #10 - Premium deep violet pearl FD2 (facelift)

absolutely stunning ! What i'd do for a FD2. Good work mate.
  58. LG87

You know my thoughts Tom! Looks amazing, and even better in real life! Good write up.
  59. LG87

Thanks for the comments guys, Shame i didn't document the car from when i first bought it, few bits i carried out myself which would of been nice to show, oh well. Don't hold me to this, but i think they are 30mm front, 25mm back. Thanks mate, Not quite :lol: Thanks Tom, gutted i missed...
  60. LG87

Hi Guys, Well, I've been meaning to get a thread started documenting my EP3 for months! I have owned the car for a year..bought in Novemeber 2015, being my first ever Honda, I have had Volkswagens in many forms for around 12 years since passing my test. I became bored of the VWs for many...
  61. LG87

Interior lights Query

Are the foot well kits easy to fit?
  62. LG87

EP3 - Headlights

Hi all, I'm in the process of getting my headlights replaced on my Facelift EP3 Type R, I see the genuine units are in excess of £320 for the set....or pattern units for £103 for the pair. I believe in buying Genuine Honda products but over £300 is mental, anyone give feedback of the pattern...
  63. LG87

H's Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R-Premier Edition

Looks amazing mate, Seats look untouched! Nice work buddy.
  64. LG87

Pictures of your DC sport exhausts

Sythan, thanks for the feedback. i'm tempted as said, but is the rattle bad enough to getting annoying??
  65. LG87

Thanks for that PartVan, this yours? exhaust looks awesome, quite tempted now !
  66. LG87

Sythan, Legend, thanks for that mate. Looks good. Yeah, thought the same on the above.
  67. LG87

I tried on google, i found the silver one, But wasn't sure if the red one was a DC as it has a slightly angled exit? Black and orange one put me off as the tailpipe didn't look correct? looks like a stubby tip?? bottom one doesn't really show the full rear end of the car. Cheers Krzys.
  68. LG87

Ep3 knocking over potholes

I'm new to these cars, but i have the same issue with mine, I've had a look around the front suspension area, nothing is apparent. But, i pushed down each side at the front, while holding the centre nut to the top mount, and noticed there is movement where the nut is against the rubber bush, i'm...
  69. LG87

Hi all, Must be sick of this now :p, another exhaust question :rolleyes: I'm toying with a DC sport cat back, noise of these i'm happy with, I've seen the videos. But, i know the tailpipe diameter is large. What i'm trying to find is some pictures from from the back with them on, to see how...
  70. LG87

Made in Germany - My Rotrex'd EP3

beautiful car! love it.
  71. LG87

Cosmic Grey EP3

Lovely Cosmic Andrew, love the wheels! With the Sportline springs you fitted, i see on Tegiwa and other sites that sell them state they are 40-50mm drop front? is this what you have mate? if so are they on standard shocks? Thanks mate, apologies for the questions again :oops: Luke
  72. LG87

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

Lovely, thanks for the info Andrew, Can't wait, i will be looking at this option, or maybe even a B-Pipe and new OEM back box to keep that OE look. i'm so undecided.
  73. LG87

Thanks for the advice lads. Andrew, how does it feel on the car? I'd be coming from a standard Exhaust system mind. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  74. LG87

Many apologies for reviving an old thread, I've searched high and low for this answer but haven't quite found the definitive answer that i was looking for. Would the Tegiwa cat back provide good gains with other mods if Mapped correctly, IE - it's not a restrictive system and prevent good gains...
  75. LG87

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Stunning car, really inspires me on with mine now!
  76. LG87

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

I've had my EP3 for three weeks now, I absolutely love it. BUT, these damn heat shield rattles are doing my nut in :confused: , I've sorted the exhaust manifold one, we had to re-tap the bolt hole :D
  77. LG87

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

Thats good to hear Syth. I think i will attempt mine soon. They could do with a coat of red. My eyes are peeled on this build. L.
  78. LG87

xSythan's Ep3 Premier Edition Type R Build Thread

Lovely stuff mate. Real low miles that. Look forward to the future plans. Did you paint the calipers in situe?
  79. LG87

Si's second attempt at a Honda...

That Crash looked mental :eek: ! Great build this, love the wheels!
  80. LG87

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

This is a lovely EP3, your attention to detail is immense. Nice to see someone else who takes detailing seriously. This makes me want to hurry up and find a EP3 sharpish. :smt055 Great work.
  81. LG87

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Great thread, all about a nice Cosmic!
Back