• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. chrisg18

FN2 FRS Geometry

what have you heard about ABP? id be very interested. had mine done by ABP a year ago.
  2. chrisg18

FN2 whiteline rear anti-roll bar

the rear whiteline arb is the best handling mod bang for your bucks there is. they improve the fn2 considerably. take a look on old threads on civinfo. been on loads of forums from audi to volkswagon and everyone says the whiteline arb is fantastic totally transforming their cars.have a talk to...
  3. chrisg18

there is only one other brand ultraracing which isn't a patch on the whiteline. made from top Australian steel then powdercoated. searched everywhere but cant find this reputation of corroding you talk of. anything under a car is susceptible to british weather, salt and water. coilovers ...
  4. chrisg18

no one ? that does surprise me! oh well youre missing out.
  5. chrisg18

had one fitted today by abp in crewe. car feels really tight now. anybody else got one fitted?
  6. chrisg18

15mm wheel spacers

everything is good. it definitely looked like the tyres would rub. but with the frsu by abp they don't even with spirited driving. any one thinking of 15mm drop with 15mm wheel spacers do it. with road tyres you are fine.track tyres probably will rub ask loxy lol.
  7. chrisg18

FN2 Wheel clearance

all good .went back to abp and everythings fine. because of the frsu camber my wheels haven't touched. went to buxton at the weekend via cat and fiddle. not once did my tyres rub even at high speeds on bumpy roads. I did bottom something out though at 110mph just before the winking man lol.
  8. chrisg18

which coilovers

went to abp motorsport today to let them look at the wheel spacers I put on. with the lowered 15mm springs and the 15mm spacers the clearance looked very small to me. no probs I was told by abp as with my frsu and road tyres there would be no contact.come away very relieved but lighter in the...
  9. chrisg18

which coilovers

many race bikes though on £2000 back suspension lol. oh and f1s are a terrific tyre on the road,not much better about. the ferodos are fine for road use. they will never get up to racing temperatures on the road so will not fade with a race dot 4. why are you asking for an argument with...
  10. chrisg18

which coilovers

depend on how fast you go .a well controlled car is paramount.
  11. chrisg18

which coilovers

so yellowspeed and meisters are no good?
  12. chrisg18

which coilovers

already got f1s and ferodo 2500s with eibach 15mm lowered progressive spring
  13. chrisg18

which coilovers

£600 -£800. nearer to the lower figure as fitting and frsu will be another £300
  14. chrisg18

which coilovers

ive got an fn2. what experiences have you had with coilovers? fitting,performance, longevity, price,quality etc. thinking about getting some fitted as its real hard to get after market dampers,as I wanted to keep my progressive springs for a nicer ride. no trackdays but fast road driving...
  15. chrisg18

15mm wheel spacers

I haven't really done it for looks. wanted the extra 30mm wider wheelbase for cornering.thinking about new suspension but so much to get right.oh and to get wrong lol. been looking at koni fsds but when enquired they apparently don't do them for the type r !!!!!
  16. chrisg18

15mm wheel spacers

don't know why I said an inch clearance. just get a finger underneath lol. worse than I thought
  17. chrisg18

15mm wheel spacers

this is unacceptable. many dealers sell these options as a good improvement. how when the tyre catches the wheel arches?wish I had bought the whiteline rear anti-roll bar now instead. really don't want my red trims popping off.
  18. chrisg18

FN2 Wheel clearance

oh my god. why do abp sell these as a good mod together?
  19. chrisg18

15mm wheel spacers

just fitted 15mm eibach spacers to my fn2 .already got 15mm eibach lowered springs. really worried about clearance. about an inch clearance to wheel arch liner. has anybody got this set up and got rubbing issue. surely fast driving and undulations needs more clearance? why sell this set up if...
  20. chrisg18

Ep3 front brakes

is your disc warped? id check your wheel bearing as well. did you do the work? if it was a general garage they would just put the pads straight in. the pads most of the time are a very tight fit , they need rubbing down till a nice fit ,not too tight or too slack. then put copper grease on them...
  21. chrisg18

Tuning Advice - Type r FN2

a trip to tdi north for a map will make the car far more driveable. no need for you to buy a flashpro. tdi will sort it for you without the need to buy a flashpro.more torque and lower midrange. one thing a lot of people overlook are the brakes. they are nearly all seized on to some...
  22. chrisg18

brake pad shims

if you go on coxs website the original pads do come with 3m sticky as standard.i think ill pop into my local Honda dealership and see what the mechanics say.thanks for your advice really appreciate it.
  23. chrisg18

brake pad shims

:)
  24. chrisg18

brake pad shims

ok im abit confused .bedtime up at 4.30
  25. chrisg18

brake pad shims

no shims
  26. chrisg18

brake pad shims

they are genuine Honda parts
  27. chrisg18

brake pad shims

why have I got 6 shims in the pack?
  28. chrisg18

brake pad shims

the original pads have the 3m tape fitted directly to the pads so the shims stick to this.
  29. chrisg18

brake pad shims

what about the black shim?
  30. chrisg18

brake pad shims

thought the purpose of the tape was to stick the shims on not stick directly to the caliper
  31. chrisg18

brake pad shims

why not use copperslip on the outside pad?
  32. chrisg18

brake pad shims

is it best to use double sided 3m tape as well like on original Honda pads?
  33. chrisg18

brake pad shims

just purchased a pack of original Honda front brake pad shims for fn2. there are 4 black and 2 silver shims in the pack. which go where?why 6 anyway? fitting to ferodo 2500.cheers chris
  34. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

payment sent to R35735. thanks chris
  35. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

does anybody know ? do the shim pads go 1 on each piston side? or do I need 4?
  36. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

ill have the shims off you £10? have you got paypal ? pm me your details if you have .friends and family? thanks chris
  37. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

are there any special things to do when buying on this site? or is it a case of a pm between buyer and seller.
  38. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

I presume there are 4 shims?
  39. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

are they the back of pad shims? are they like new?
  40. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

no idea on price mate. all I know is Honda front pads with shims etc are £47. don't know if you can buy these shims separate at all.
  41. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

these are the shims to the back of the pads and not the anti rattle shims ?
  42. chrisg18

What Brakes and Discs?

ive just bought some ferodo 2500,'s. will I be alright without the oem shims?
  43. chrisg18

Need help changing front pads and disc

if not done right the pads will stick in the metal sliders,especially the front.maybe get a decent mechanic to do them for you. brakes are for life.do not mess with brakes if you are unsure.
  44. chrisg18

Need help changing front pads and disc

have you ever done discs and pads before on a car?
  45. chrisg18

tegiwa or milltek for FN2

had a milltek exhaust from ABP Motorsports not to far from you. beautiful sound, not too loud or too quiet. no rattles lol. cheapest prices on these exhausts in the uk
  46. chrisg18

valve clearances on fn2

just had valve clearances done. oil and filter change.. gearbox oil change and sparkplugs fitted. feels really nice now. thanks for the good garage you weren't wrong
  47. chrisg18

FN2 Paul J Smith Detailing : FN2 Civic Type R

have you dared to take it for a drive yet lol. a museum piece now.
  48. chrisg18

weight issue

how time flies
  49. chrisg18

valve clearances on fn2

£55 for valve clearances . very reasonable .
  50. chrisg18

valve clearances on fn2

looks good ill give them a ring tomorrow. thanks
  51. chrisg18

valve clearances on fn2

hi there anybody know of a good garage around the Stoke-on-Trent area to do my valve clearances?
  52. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

thanks paul for that. im a noobie when it comes to performance cars. its unreal how every engine is so different.this is the start of my learning curve lol.im use to performance bikes . given the car some stick today and its very nice. feels like everything gels together. I suppose this is the...
  53. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

I really wanted the before mapping graph as well really disappointed with that to be honest. everybody else gets a before and after graph. I wanted a base setting to grow on if you know what I mean.
  54. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

not yet I think they will try to baffle me with science to be honest driveability and all that.ill get my missus to help me posting the graph lo ,im rubbish with computers loxy.
  55. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

appears to be no vtec? my power climbs at 5200 rpm similar to yours but no vtec lump like yours. brand new hks recent service 56000miles one previous owner etc.
  56. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

between 4000 and 5000 my dyno graph is flat. no vtec at all. im confused now looking at other peoples graphs doing my head in.
  57. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

exactly what I was after loxy. about 220 ish bhp.ive got 140lbft all the way to 5200rpm, then rises to 157 at 5700 rpm. it looks like ive got no vtec at all. you look like you've got 130 bhp at 4300rpm ..ive got 114 bhp!! at 4300rpm. my graph curve is like this 45 degrees to 5200rpm then starts...
  58. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

exactly what I was hoping for. below 5000rpm my bhp and lbft is way off what you were getting.140lbft all the way to 5200rpm very flat though.you were getting 130 bhp at 4300rpm. im getting 114 bhp at 4300rpm!!
  59. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

no fn2s make 200 -212bhp depending how they are run in. the milltek exhaust and hks racing induction kit give about 10-15 bhp on there own with mapping the car should show 4-5 bhp most of the graph. a manifold is ok for track days but not for the road without a cat. vosa wouldn't be happy.
  60. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

just got back from tdi north. mmmm. a bit disappointed really. took 1 and a half hours. they said it takes 3 hours before hand. they didn't give me a before dyno reading and after comparison. paul said the before reading would have been cold so it wouldn't be a fair comparison? with the mods on...
  61. chrisg18

tdi north my fn2

taking my fn2 to tdi north on Wednesday at 9 a.m. had a hks racing induction and milltek exhaust fitted recently so should be interesting before and after. I was going to put the group n map on, but thought you only live once lol. keep you tuned.:lol::lol::lol:
Back