• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Only progress made was passing an MOT last month and then I sold it. I needed something more practical in the end. I had been thinking about it for a while and with the welding that needed doing I finally decided it should go. I had it for 4 years and it was a pleasure owning it.
  2. Nidge76

EP3 Side Skirt Removal

As Bazza said once the 2 clips underneath are removed and the 2 screws in the front arch are removed it should slide forward. However, mine were stuck fast so I had to hit them with a hammer to get it moving [emoji38] I was very careful though using a cloth to protect the plastic and a strip...
  3. Nidge76

What did you do to your Type R today?

I use this through a garden sprayer. Fantastic product. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  4. Nidge76

Preface EP3 front indicator bulb

It's a pain but turn the wheel out of the way. Undo arch clips then scratch arms to death by reaching through to the indicator bulb. No need to remove the bumper. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  5. Nidge76

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Looking fantastic. I need to up my game. Some of you guys are doing a lot of work to keep these cars in tip top condition. Keep it up. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  6. Nidge76

EP3 Side skirt removal/refitting help

I must admit I'd forgotten about having them. They are bloody handy. All the interior is back in and the skirts are back on. Still need to sort out the welding but until I get around to sorting it I thought I may as well put the car back together for now. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using...
  7. Nidge76

Had a look at your thread. Even when brightening the picture I couldn't quite make it out. However now knowing that I needed to get those black ones removed I had another go and voila all sorted. Thank you for your help and encouragement [emoji106] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  8. Nidge76

So I found a guide on how to remove the side skirts on my EP3 and now I want to put it back together. I've tried putting the clips back onto the car and sliding the side skirt back on and this is proving a bit tricky as it's very stiff. My preferred option is to slide all of the clips back...
  9. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

That is helpful. Thanks. Before I commit to the job I will be asking what exactly is included in the price and to what extent of rust I'm actually dealing with and make a decision on it. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  10. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Credit to you. You have certainly done a great job on yours. The rust on mine doesn't look that bad in the pictures but I could put my finger through some of it and I am not sure how extensive the rust is along behind the sills. I don't mind tinkering with bits of the car here and there but...
  11. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Welding maybe delayed a bit now due to finances. Wife's stupid Fiat has just had a new exhaust, front discs and pads and it still needs rear discs and pads and a pair of front tyres! Anyway need to feel the love with the car in it's sad state so gave it a good clean today. It could really...
  12. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

After sending photos to one place who refused to work on the car [emoji23] I have found somewhere local to remove the rust and repair the arches/inner quarter. They have quoted me £900. Just need to check exactly what I'm getting for my money before committing to the repair. Probably won't get...
  13. Nidge76

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Good luck. Still in the process of sorting mine. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  14. Nidge76

EP3 Rear of the car doesnt feel tight around corners

Exactly this. Can't go wrong [emoji106] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  15. Nidge76

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

That looks fantastic. Great effort. Can't beat a black car when it's polished up like that. I could do with claying and polishing mine again. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  16. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Today I tried out the new jack. Seemed much more heavy duty and capable than the previous one. So got the car up on axle stands in no time: Time to see what's lurking under this awful carpet and dirt: First impressions weren't too bad, to be honest I was expecting far...
  17. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Thanks mate. I'm not really sure about the speaker area inside the car, but I do know from seeing photos on Facebook it's quite common so I thought while I was waiting for my new trolley jack to arrive I might as well take a look. I had great fun removing the interior but not sure if it'll go...
  18. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Cheers. My thoughts exactly. I had the same problem with my previous jack. It only just lifted the car enough to get the axle stands in place then it broke anyway. I've ordered one that jack's up higher so hopefully it will do the job. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  19. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Thanks for the information. I have heard good things about Bilt Hamber and this explains perfectly what I need to get and what order to do it all in. I've just ordered a new trolley jack so once that arrives I can get rid of those awful carpet liners and see what is lurking behind.
  20. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Removing the interior plastics is a pain but thought I would do that first and the side skirts first as I haven't got a trolley jack yet.
  21. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

So this morning I did this: Which left me with this: So now I can take a look inside the speaker area and find this: I just need some advice as to what to do with it. Think it's too tight to get any tools in there to rub it down. Do I need to get some sort of rust...
  22. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Cheers. I have a feeling it might need a bit of work but we will see. Fingers crossed it won't be bad enough to need a respray in NHB :lol: It's not a nice job to have to do but I think I'll be keeping it for a while so may as well sort out the rust before it gets too bad. I'm doing...
  23. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Not much to update really. Haven't got the funds to do any modifications at the moment. Car passed it's MOT back in February without issue, also did an oil change and generally just been enjoying driving it up until the last few weeks off course. I've been meaning to start looking into...
  24. Nidge76

FN2 Shocks going..?

It's been a while since I jacked my EP3 up as my trolley jack is now broken but I seem to remember this happening. I think it's because the chassis is really stiff but someone with more knowledge than me should be able to advise further. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  25. Nidge76

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

You've done a great job there. Looks really nice. Can I ask where you got the gaiter from? Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  26. Nidge76

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Haha. Sorry about that [emoji1787] To be fair I hadn't washed it in months and it took the coronavirus for me to get motivated enough to do it! Although I have now done the interior and engine bay as well. [emoji106] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  27. Nidge76

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Looking nice and clean. Love the sound of the exhaust too. Came out of Asda earlier and saw your car keeping mine company at the far end of the car park [emoji3] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  28. Nidge76

Mint Cosmic Grey EP3s - Show us your cars!

Wouldn't go as far to say that mine is mint, it's not a premier edition and it's done 130k but it's not looking too bad. Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  29. Nidge76

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Cheers. I'll have a look into that [emoji106] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  30. Nidge76

I'm thinking of getting rid of mine for the same reasons [emoji1787] Where did you advertise and sell it in the end of you don't mind me asking? Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  31. Nidge76

That's very helpful. Thank you. Think I need to have another go at it in the spring. I'm a fair weather kind of guy [emoji106] Sent from my moto e(6) plus using Tapatalk
  32. Nidge76

Looking great. Can I ask how you removed the side skirts? I had a bit of a go at mine earlier this year but they were so stuck I wasn't sure if I was trying to remove them correctly. I was worried I was going to break something. I still need to remove my rear arch liners as well so I dread...
  33. Nidge76

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Very tidy. Nice to be able to put it away for the winter. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  34. Nidge76

My FN2 (first ever Honda)

Can't beat a nice bit of beading. Looks great. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  35. Nidge76

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Excellent. I'm really grateful to Rich because when I got my EP3 he was kind enough to spend a couple of hours showing me how to use my new polisher so I could be confident polishing my own car. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  36. Nidge76

Rich at DetailR? Bet he did a cracking job on it for you. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  37. Nidge76

EP3 centre caps

Hi, Yes Mook is still here I believe. He supplies the club stickers etc. And yes I still have the H wheel cap stickers and they were done by Mook. I can post them out to you if you PM me your address. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  38. Nidge76

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

You can never have too much detailing gear [emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  39. Nidge76

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Looking good, nice hole [emoji847] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  40. Nidge76

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

When cleaning my engine bay I cover over any electrics etc with cling film. Although I don't use a pressure washer, I tend to use a spray bottle with Bilt Hamber Surfex and a brush to clean the dirt off. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  41. Nidge76

Me too. Fantastic job there. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  42. Nidge76

Mine looked great when I first polished them but I got lazy with topping up the uv protection and now they have faded again. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  43. Nidge76

Nice job. Bit scary when you get the sand paper on them but they have turned out great. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  44. Nidge76

Looking nice. Did you polish it up by hand or machine? I need to give mine a clay and polish. I just stuck some wax on for now to give it a bit of protection. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  45. Nidge76

I've created one for us EP3 guys now [emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  46. Nidge76

Stealing the theme from the FK8 thread I thought we should have a 'What did you do to your EP3 today?' thread for our cars. There seems to be quit a few of us here and I know there are some rather dedicated owners keeping their EP3's looking very tidy and hopefully being EP3 owners we won't...
  47. Nidge76

Maybe we just need a 'What did you do to your EP3 today' thread :asw:
  48. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Hmm, that's a good point. Come to think of it I don't think I've overtaken any Type R's [emoji848] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  49. Nidge76

EP3 centre caps

No worries mate. Just let me know once you have decided if you want them. Either way the wheels will look great now they are freshly painted.
  50. Nidge76

EP3 centre caps

Well I don't need these decals so if you wanted them I can post them out to you. It would then be up to you if you decided to use them or not. Send me a PM with your address if you like [emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  51. Nidge76

EP3 centre caps

Is this the kind of thing you are after? I had these made up after I resprayed my EP3 centre caps but then I found some original caps in excellent condition so didn't use the decals. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  52. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

[emoji16][emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  53. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

All is good. Don't worry about that. It would be bloody boring if nothing went wrong [emoji23] PS if you buy one don't get black like SK-R's, Cosmic Grey is the fastest colour[emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  54. Nidge76

[emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  55. Nidge76

Nice one. It's a nice piece of kit. I did enjoy having this on my car but I'm getting used to just the subtle tone of my Tegiwa catback now. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  56. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

No to be honest I haven't got a great desire or the funds to map it. I've got the tegiwa cat back exhaust that I'm happy with and done a few handling mods. I'm not desperate for the noise of the tegiwa now, but maybe nice to have something slightly louder than stock. How is the airbox mod...
  57. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Yeah your old intake Flashy. Do you want to buy it off me [emoji23] Just had a drive out with the standard one back on again. Definitely more subtle than the teg. I forgot how quiet it was. The ITG looks nice but not sure if it's worth spending the money. I know it's unlikely but don't want...
  58. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

I'm still not 100% happy with the fitment of the Tegiwa intake after the wiring issue particularly as I use the car for getting to work so I have removed it all together for now and put the standard one back on. I may well sell the Tegiwa intake but if the standard one is too quiet I might have...
  59. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

So after breaking down due to the blown ecu fuse I had a look at the wiring near my Tegiwa intake. Sure enough the round metal brackets holding the kit together were resting against the wires and had rubbed through one of the wires causing a short. Thankfully it didn't slice right through the...
  60. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Yes pleased about the quick fix. I've not heard of the problem before from anyone, maybe I just haven't fitted it quite right.
  61. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Got the car recovered to my usual garage. Turns out the ECU fuse had blown. Nice quick fix at no cost, however the only problem is it looks like the round metal brackets holding my Tegiwa induction kit in place had been rubbing against a set of wires between the kit and the rocker cover...
  62. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

And just to top the day off once we got the car off the back of the truck. The wife jumped in the car to steer as the recovery driver and I pushed the car onto my drive. Didn't think to remind the wife the steering would be very heavy and brakes stiff without the car running. So as we pushed...
  63. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Only 2 weeks after the car flew through its Mot left work at 7pm today, got 100 yards down the road and car has cut out and broken down. Awaiting recovery after first van turned up, tried using an obd reader and couldn't get it to work in my port! So no idea what's wrong. It has a full tank of...
  64. Nidge76

EP3 Knocking from rear of car... any usual suspects?

Good luck. I had to saw mine off but hopefully if its rust free it'll be easier for you. I second the Meyle heavy duty drop links. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  65. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Haha [emoji23] Cheers. To be honest I would have been a bit gutted if it had failed. My mechanic said it was in great condition and nice to see the mechanical side of things in good shape. It's nice to have a few light mods but I'm happy to look after the car and make sure it runs well. Sent...
  66. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Pleased to say the car passed its mot today without any problems. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  67. Nidge76

My FN2 (first ever Honda)

http://www.spoonerrestorations.co.uk Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  68. Nidge76

Does this normally light up? EP3

........It does light up. Good job you can rely on us lot for the right answer [emoji23] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  69. Nidge76

Haha. I better check mine now as I'm sure it's only the mirror heater button that lights up and not the mirror button itself. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  70. Nidge76

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

That's looking great. Out of interest what polish and wax did you use and did you apply the polish by hand or machine. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  71. Nidge76

As answered already no it shouldn't. However as an addition the heated mirror button should light up when turned on. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  72. Nidge76

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Cheers Dutchy. Had the car 2 and a half years now and I really enjoy driving it. The engine bay looks a lot fresher now I've done the rocker cover, so well worth doing. As it's my daily driver don't think I'm going to be doing much more too it now apart from general maintenance. Sent from...
  73. Nidge76

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Great to see these cars in fantastic condition. Credit to you. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  74. Nidge76

The eFN2 (3rd Type R) (Vikki VTEC)

Got to be the intake. I've got a tegiwa exhaust and you can't hear it for the intake noise. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  75. Nidge76

EP3 MOT Advisories

Same as. Definitely recommended. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  76. Nidge76

FN2 Championship White - my 2nd CTR

Very nice low mileage example it looks like you have there. Enjoy. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  77. Nidge76

Alloy Wheel Contamination Removal.

Glad you got it sorted. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  78. Nidge76

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Isn't it about 5 bhp for a wing? Altho the carbon takes it to 10 bhp. [emoji23] Nice find though and lovely car. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  79. Nidge76

OK fair enough. Glad you got it sorted. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  80. Nidge76

Bilt hamber Surfex is an excellent degreaser I must say. However are you sure the black spots around the arches aren't tar spots? In which case you may need a tar remover. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  81. Nidge76

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Useful information there. I've only ever given my car a 2 stage polish to get rid of the majority of the swirls. I'm not man enough to wet sand. Trouble is my car is a daily and the paint is so soft that the perfect finish doesn't last. If it was a weekend toy it would be great to chase...
  82. Nidge76

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Agreed car is looking great. The GT86 unfortunately looks faster than it is. I reckon I could give it a run for its money in my EP3. [emoji23] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  83. Nidge76

Callum's 05 Cosmic Grey Civic type r

Cheers for that. Think I was doing the right thing then but mainly scared of breaking something/too weak. Haha. Need to try harder. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  84. Nidge76

Callum's 05 Cosmic Grey Civic type r

I found a guide and tried to take my side skirts off for cleaning purposes but couldn't shift them. Can someone explain in laymans terms the procedure so I can have another try. Cheers. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  85. Nidge76

Welcome. Nice find with the history, owners and mileage. I'm sure you will enjoy the car, they are fantastic. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  86. Nidge76

EP3 FK8 exhausts

The exhaust or the car! [emoji51] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  87. Nidge76

DG's Cosmic EP3

Not much use to you but to give you an idea a couple of months back I went to red r performance in Northampton and paid £280 labour to fit my Honda clutch. Think the clutch was £175 from tegiwa or h tune. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  88. Nidge76

There's always one! [emoji23] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  89. Nidge76

DG's Cosmic EP3

Yep silver star 2 is probably a closer match. It's not perfect but I'm happy with it. The trouble with detailing is there are so many products. Depends how far you want to go with it. Not sure if you have a pressure washer but with the soft Honda paint ideally you want a prewash and pressure...
  90. Nidge76

EP3 Cosmic Grey Paint Restoration

It may be possible to polish the marks out but the trouble is if the clear coat is already damaged and you polish too much you could strike through to the paint. Definitely worth hanging fire for now. I'm sure someone will come along shortly to give some further advice. You certainly don't...
  91. Nidge76

EP3 Cosmic Grey Paint Restoration

Is it on top of the clear coat and/or has it damaged the clear coat in any way? I can't really tell from the photo. If it's rough to the touch maybe a clay bar might remove it or possibly a polish? Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  92. Nidge76

DG's Cosmic EP3

Thanks bud, kind words. It's nice to do a few mods but with the age of these cars now it's also worth concentrating on the maintenance side of things. Plenty of members on here with some really tidy cars and nice modifications so worth a good browse of the members section for sure. And of...
  93. Nidge76

DG's Cosmic EP3

Looks very tidy that and in the best colour of course [emoji23] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  94. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Battled the hot weather to put my newly painted rocker cover on today. This is my old one starting to look a bit tired: Compared to the freshly painted one: Very pleased with the outcome. It was worth the effort.
  95. Nidge76

Klashinikov's Sonic Grey Pearl FK8

Nice little story and a fantastic car you have there. I hope you cherish it and enjoy it as much as the EP3. I'm sure you will. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  96. Nidge76

Does these spark plugs need changing?

It's hard to say kingkhan. I replaced the plugs and used some Forte injector cleaner and started using super unleaded petrol all at the same time. Car does feel like it's running more smoothly though that's for sure. Also helped by the new clutch recently fitted too. Sent from my F3311 using...
  97. Nidge76

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

You can get loads of bread in them [emoji106] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  98. Nidge76

True but I just felt butthurt [emoji23] Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  99. Nidge76

Which EP3 owner is going to bite first. I'm tempted! Of course compared to many new cars it's low on power and speed etc but really for its age its still a great car. I think you are being a bit harsh. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
  100. Nidge76

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Thanks smeghead that is very useful information. Will get some photos of the engine bay once it's done. Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
Back