• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Milano30th

Did I kill my K20 ep3?

Hi, Timing chain & tensioner done by honda 80K ish IIRC bill was about £800 and bottom end went at 125k.
  2. Milano30th

Did I kill my K20 ep3?

Ok so, as per my not so long lived owners thread, my ep3 recently bit the dust so to speak with the bottom end going. This was the day after a rather 'spirited run' shall we say which included some heavy m/way miles too. Probably 40mins or more in vtec. The thing is, and don't get me wrong...
  3. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

I'm not well enough to faff about changing the engine or hunting parts down unfortunately and given the costs involved decided to give up. Probably get something else for getting to work for now.
  4. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Engine gone So the other day taking the wife the supermarket locally the engine started up and started to make an odd noise around 2.5k to 3k rpm. Oil checked all the time and recent change and filter 2 months ago. Crawled it back the half mile fortunately and it seems to be the bottom end...
  5. Milano30th

my milano ep3

Ha that's nothing! If you saw mine you'd weep :lol: .... it looks like it fell out of a tree and hit every branch on the way down... and to add insult to injury the lacquer is peeling all over the shop. It still flies, starts every time, the chassis & body is straight (despite the door dents)...
  6. Milano30th

my milano ep3

Looks great! Unlike mine haha.
  7. Milano30th

EP3 - Uniroyal rainsport 3?

Yeah he probably is. Although some reviews are also not favourable for PS4's either. Myself I'll probably go with the Yoko's..., always a personal choice with handling characteristics really to a degree, crap tyres aside obviously.
  8. Milano30th

EP3 - Uniroyal rainsport 3?

Ran them 225/45/17 on the front of the now sold 318Ci bmw step auto, great on wet roundabouts, sharp turn in when wet, vague in the dry, sidewall bit to soft for EP3 I would have thought. Currently looking for tyres & reviews myself right now.
  9. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Thanks. What to do getting refurb done? Need 4 other wheels on (no garage) and need to get to work. Have used pristine wheels before (sent away) for one wheel on a bmw, but a bit pricey. Came back like new though & boxed. Stevie at Grinspeed did the flywheel as well as fitting a new OEM clutch...
  10. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Kaiten 4kg flywheel - no problems, no judder, faster response and rev. Japanese made so wasn't expecting any issues. The NTK Jap O2 sensor has been perfectly fine since I fitted that ages ago and was only 50 odd pounds. Balked at the Honda price!
  11. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Changed oil & filter yesterday at work, used Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 and a shortie Hamp filter. Those michelin stealth wipers from asda are very good by the way, so good in fact I bought another pair for stock as they had them on offer. Wheels and tyres next... refurb the oem's or new or second...
  12. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Picked up an anodised black aluminium spark plug cover too.
  13. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

I have managed to squeeze in finding a genuine ctr rear privacy glass boot from a Premier edition because although mine did originally have the same it got broken by a previous owner (possibly from shutting the boot down on his bikes crammed in the back :evil: ) So since the roof is black I...
  14. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

First off sorry for the late reply, all car stuff been on hold while I've been been building/diy in the house Nearly finished that soon. Excellent, have you got a build thread up? Hard to resist the EP3, which I picked over an FN2. Seems I'm in the right crowd then with the oldies :) Makes...
  15. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

50º with surf on prewash cotton cycle, superwash & extra rinse buttons on for those willing to try by the way. 8kg load machine.
  16. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

bit of a clean Starting to spruce up. After a good vacuum still wasn't happy with the red original mats so took them upstairs with me when I got back. Decided to fling them in the washing machine while the Mrs was out ! :lol: Washed each one separately, came up trumps! Comparison to the left...
  17. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Thanks Tucker, it's ok if you squint like Fry in your avatar when looking at it from not too close lol. But, I'm working on it looking & going better bit by bit. :)
  18. Milano30th

Neil's red ep3.

Hello folks, Recently bought my milano red ep3 30th anniversary edition about 4 weeks ago. Needs a good few things but generally is a decent enough straight base to start from. Had a couple of B16a CRX's a good while ago, but was surprised just how much more grunt the K20A has compared to...
Back