• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gillatron

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Mine have stopped doing it I think they needed a good dusting off with some heavy braking so I politely obliged :)
  2. Gillatron

FK2 R+ mode

You literally feel the car release all the tension out of it when you turn off +R it's like it's been holding it's breath for a while and has just let out a sigh of relief :) I use it quite a lot I'm quite lucky as there is a great stretch of road running from work all the way home so I...
  3. Gillatron

FK2 FK2 - passenger door card rattle

To be honest I'm in the process of looking to sell the car and it may end up been bought back by them so they will have to sort it out regardless.
  4. Gillatron

FK2 FK2 - passenger door card rattle

I've had mine back too Honda twice for the same issue and it still isn't fixed. They swear they have insulated the passenger door to stop it from happening but it just comes back every now and again. I actually think it's the window regulators not the door panel.
  5. Gillatron

FK2 Looking to change tyres

Interested to see what choice of tyres you went with in the end as mine are due for replacement ASAP.
  6. Gillatron

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

My FK2 has just hit 9.5k miles the Service A indicator was advising it's first oil change. I agree with the previous comments try and not get one which is on a fixed service go with the variable as you will quickly find out which service plan suits you. I didn't get the 5 year service plan...
  7. Gillatron

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

Sounds like you've got the same issue as me with the brakes I raised this in another thread a couple of days ago. Is it your front brakes that squeak and only one side in particular? Loxy mentioned that it's a common issue with this Type-R, I've taken mine to the garage once and have it booked...
  8. Gillatron

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Thanks for the replies, I've rebooked it into Honda as the passenger side door panel also needs to be looked at. I don't understand how/why after X amount of road tests they would put the car into production thinking customers would except that as normal. I shudder when I pull up to a junction...
  9. Gillatron

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Hi all, I'm about to hit 8k on my FK2 however my front drivers side brake has developed an awful squeal when dabbing the brakes approaching junctions at a low speed. I've taken it to Honda they had a look around advising there were no issues with the pads or discs, their response was Honda...
  10. Gillatron

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

A bit late to the party on this one but will add some comments. I own a 2016 GT and have had it for about 4 months, bought with 2.5k on the clock from a local Honda dealership. As a quick high level summary here's my feedback. The Good Performance - I love it, it's left many a car in it's...
  11. Gillatron

FK2 New Type-R Owner, First Question

I'll have a look about and see if I can find a spacer kit I'm sure someone has done it well. Out of interest and this may have been asked in another thread has anyone put their FK2 on a set of coil overs?
  12. Gillatron

FK2 New Type-R Owner, First Question

Hi all, after months of searching for the right vehicle I am finally picking up my Type-R GT next Friday and am pretty damn excited! I've debated as to which if any mods I would make to the vehicle and personally I am 95% happy with how it comes as a standard GT-R apart from one thing, the...
Back