• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

I was lucky when I bought mine new I paid £500 for a five year service plan. I am hoping it covers exactly what it should do. Lucky for me I dont do a lot of miles. The car was purchased from Greenacre Honda at Clitheroe. I have had Honda's of them before and I found their servicing department...
  2. D

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

I agree with Loxy regarding the colour. IMO the best a black one will be is when its new in the showroom so red all the way. There is a good topic in the FK2 about ownership/pitfalls so that will be worth reading as its unbiased. I know a few people who are wary about buying one second...
  3. D

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

Well done Fella you will not be disappointed. You obviously have done your homework and know what you are talking about and you realise you will have to sacrifice some benefits in order to gain others. I do not know where you live but I had to take my type-R back to the dealership today...
  4. D

FK2 Ex demo

Greenacre Honda Hi I bought the metallic grey one in the showroom. My demo run was in the blue one but I didnt thrash it...honest. It was a good price. Regards Dalesman
  5. D

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Hi Smugla many thanks for that...what did we do before Youtube. Some of it went over my head due to my engineering skills but I got the jist of it and very informative. The rest of the car is spot on so a few squeals is not the end of the world. Thanks once again. Regards Dalesman
  6. D

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Cheers Fella
  7. D

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Thanks Dweezle for the info. I am a little wiser now.
  8. D

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

My car has been in the garage and the mechanic said he had greased the brakes with some anti squeak paste whatever that is but so far so good. If it happens again I have resigned myself to the fact I will have to live it. Small price to pay compared to the overall excellent car.
  9. D

Its hard to say 100% whether it is front or one side. I do know it does not do it when braking enthusiastically. I will give you as much feedback as I can.
  10. D

FK2 FK2 Brake Squeal

Hi Gillatron I am having the same issues and the car is booked in at the garage. It has done less than 1K. A friend said I need to brake fairly hard every now and then and this would cure it. Loxy Many thanks for explaining it in more detail. Regards Dalesman
  11. D

Hi Guys My 2016 GT model was new on the 1st December and I go along with a lot of the above comments. I have another car at my disposal which allows me to use the Type-R when I want to rather than having to, so most of the time it does feel special. Not sure if it will age as good as previous...
Back