• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. L

My EP3!

Cheers guys! :)
  2. L

Over tightened drain plug...

Yeah, school boy error on my part! Lesson learnt though and next oil change I'll sort it :)
  3. L

Yeah I mean it was a brand new torque wrench and like I say it did click at the indicated 33 ft lbs but it was definitely tighter than I would have done it if I did it without a torque wrench. Next time I will just go by feel like I usually do! I'll pick up a new sump plug and a spare sump...
  4. L

Yeah that's what we did the other day, worked pretty well! Must've got most of the oil out as it took nearly 5l to fill it back up again. I don't think I'd do it that way for every oil change but for the odd one here and there it works fine. I'm pretty sure I've heard that VW use that method on...
  5. L

My EP3!

Thanks everyone! Yeah Switzerland doesn’t really have many racetracks and the nearest to me are in Italy! I’ve driven around Varano and Franciacorta which are both really good and been to Monza which is a really special place.. definitely worth a visit if you haven’t been!
  6. L

Cheers for the advice everyone, much appreciated! When I reinstalled the drain plug it did go in straight and as I was tightening it down it didn’t feel like it was cross-threading or anything, as in no going tight then loose or anything like that so I assume it’s just on too tight. I knew I...
  7. L

My EP3!

Hey! Been following these forums for a while and never actually posted, so here's my CTR! I bought it last summer as a fun daily driver and did my track day in it this year at Varano de Melegari in Italy which was awesome fun! She's a 2005 facelift EP3 with about 220,000 km on the...
  8. L

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster here :) So back in August while servicing my EP3 before it's first track day, I decided for once to use my torque wrench to tighten down my oil drain plug to spec (33 lb ft) and as I was tightening it down it did seem quite tight but it did...
Back