• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

EP3 boot plastic trim removal.

How to remove the plastic trim on the boot that carries the Honda badge and shrouds the number plate lamps? I have removed the two bolts partly hidden near each end of this peice and witH the interior boot trim out l have crushed the two inboard plastic retaining studs. The whole trim now lifts...
  2. S

Boot latch on EP3

How easy is it to remove the boot opening assembly? I mean the black plastic thingy that tilts on a (rusty) Metal rod. I've now treated the metal bits l can get at with wd40 and silicone grease which eases it but only temporarily. Looking at parts illustrations it seems to be held in by two...
  3. S

HID/Zenon headlamps and new MOT directive

From this month my mot centre said that aftermarket fitted HID/Zenon bulbs will be a failure. I got in under the wire last month but they said next year l would have to fit standard bulbs for the test Not to be failed. Boring.
  4. S

More alarm woes

I've read pretty much all posts featuring "Alarm" to try and figure out the problem on my 05 EP3 facelift. I'm really no closer to solving the issue so wondered if any of you guys can help. The car would not open on the fob and when l opened the door on the key the alarm activated. The only...
  5. S

Ep3 remote fob case

Ive been trying to get a new replacement case for my remote fob. I have an 05 Facelift. The fob is tatty and the previous owner butchered the battery cover slot so it has to be taped in. Many of the cases on eBay have the correct two buttons but the back is solid with no remove able battery...
  6. S

Summer get together?

I got my ep3 in August and am curious to hear if there's a summer get together where as many owners as poss turn up. I don't mean a track day but a relaxed car show off event. If yes....where and when? PS lm in West kent and am interested to know what the Brands Open Pit Lane event early...
  7. S

EP3 Plastic push rivets...swallow and buy Honda OE.

Removed and refitted my bumper to replace the knackered fogs. I followed the advice on an earlier thread and bought those plastic push rivets (see photo) from flea bay. You get approx 20 for less than £3. But they are useless so don't bother. They are too short and instead of four "legs"...
  8. S

Interior panel removal 05 ep3

I need to get at my drivers side seat belt unit so l need to remove the interior rear plastic side panel. Is this straightforward? I guess it somehow clicks out but where to start so l don't break anything. Looking for advice. Thanks.
  9. S

Were fog lamps an optional extra?

My 05 facelift came with fogs but most similar cars l see do not have them fitted. Where they an optional extra? Mines not a Premium model. In addition has anyone bought non OE fog lamps as replacements and if so are they decent quality? Both my fog lamps are in need of reconditioning or...
Back