• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

EP3 Newbie - EP3 Type R questions! MPG? Gearboxes> Reliability.

Update, I gave up searching in the end and bought an S2K that ticked my boxes. Sensible daily, snigger... Thanks guys.
  2. T

Ha - funnily enough I messaged the guy about that one last night! He's since replied and it sounds like a half decent car to be honest. My only gripes with it are the dent/bashed door and the alloys look a bit worse for wear, not very big issues, but enough to make it not worth nearly £5k..!
  3. T

Back in a Honda, EP3 Civic Type R

Mate, this is literally my ideal EP3 haha. If you ever feel like selling up, just saying. I want it. Lol.
  4. T

EP3 Premier Edition Nighthawk Black 2005

Beautiful! If you sell it please let me know LOL.
  5. T

Erm, I still haven't found a half decent EP3 to buy. I think I've gone clinically insane. ALL I WANT IS A PREM EP3 in half decent nick, some mods and in cosmic grey not located in fekkin' Scotland! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! Needed to vent that.
  6. T

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Just read a good chunk of this thread - love the car and the mods you have done! If you ever fancy selling, PM me haha! Great work.
  7. T

Chaps I've just found one but it's probably been modified too much if anything LOL. It's perfect other than that; I'm supposed to be buying a half 'sensible' daily...
  8. T

Guys, I've seen one come up I quite like the look of - just ashame it doesn't have any modifications other than a 'B' pipe. https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-mk6-type-r------------------2005/7791702 What do you guys think? I can't help but feel...
  9. T

Thanks guys I'm actually not after a complete minter at the moment, basically my current daily has blown up, and I've always fancied one of these. Fits the bill perfectly for the moment. So I just want something that's got a fair history, maybe enthuisast owned for a while, just someone I...
  10. T

Thanks guys, Quick question - temperature guage Should the temp sit bang on central or slightly below? I noticed on test drive yesterday the car didn't get up to bang on centre in the guage, was sitting below. Is that normal haha. Cheers
  11. T

Hi guys, Well, I went to see the car today after prepping myself it would be the one... as the advert looks pretty good. Here it is: http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709209477580? Verdict? Nah. Visually spotted wet, oily patch underneath engine. Coolant...
  12. T

Hi guys Does this all sound about right? "The previous owner was a genuine mechanic so has completed all work in his ownership him self at the garage he works at, but has kept all of the invoices for parts that have been replaced. The Timing chain / guides / tensioner used were as i...
  13. T

My bad. It's a 2004! Yet to check the MOT history out as I haven't got the reg, I do prefer cosmic grey though haha. Sell me yours? ;) Lol. Cheers
  14. T

Thankyou all for your input so far. Really great. I've found one in a local dealership (I'd NEVER normally buy from a dealership as I much prefer buying private from an enthusiast.) However, time is not on my side and I need a car urgently. This is the spec, does look nice in black I suppose...
  15. T

Interesting thanks - great to know. This one is a 1 owner car from new and I know the guy, I doubt it's been ragged senseless like some I've seen for sale. I'll look into the cost of a new clutch, fitted - any ideas!? I assume a new chain and tensioner is relatively expensive, too.. I can...
  16. T

Hi all, Looking to get an EP3 shortly as I need a somewhat reliable daily (I only do 12 miles a day) However some weekends I do nearly 300 miles, but I'm not too bothered as it doesn't really warrant a diesel (9k miles a year) and I've done my time with oil burners from my previous job...
Back