• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

I agree, my +R is fine for the road too. But I think they’ve changed the parameters within the different settings for the new car. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Odd review. Especially as he's clearly driving an older GT in the first part of the track drive (leather wheel). Do agree with him that the furry steering wheel in the 2020 is a Covid-rich breeding ground!
  3. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

https://www.whatcar.com/news/new-volkswagen-golf-gti-vs-honda-civic-type-r/n21993?utm_source=20200926&utm_medium=EMAIL&utm_campaign=enews%20bulletin&utm_content=WCAR%20Enews%20bulletin%20-%2026.09.20::story1_button
  4. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Great review... but without direct comparison to flag up any subtle improvements, most of it could be said about the pre-face car too... and the actual price of a new GT (or the de-winged ‘Manx cat’ Sportline) in blue, would be £35,670.00, not the £32,820 as stated (that’s for the standard car...
  5. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Yes, the 2020 knob is the only upgrade I'd like. It's particularly sweet because it's like the original Integra DC2 one. Let's see if we can get a group buy or something going!
  6. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

Current issue of US mag Motortrend have a review of the new CTR within a comparison with a other 'hot compacts' ....plot spoiler: the Honda easily wins... otherall completely favourable review apart from a small mention of the suspension "The retuned, quicker-sampling dampers numb the ride a bit...
  7. S

EP3 CTR 2020 Review

I'm feeling pretty chuffed now about getting one of the last (discounted) '2019' models (actually built March 2020) to replace my much loved 2017. The old one was so bloody brilliant, I had a feeling they might over egg the pudding with the facelift!
  8. S

EP3 Thinking of trading in for a 2020 - thoughts?

https://youtu.be/0DFcQ-0wLGc
  9. S

Good point... well put... but he’s always liked the way it drives - watch the Top Gear ‘Japanese episode’ race against the Lexus coupe for a pretty overwhelming complementary verdict. I don’t think he ever liked the Type R looks though! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. S

Yes, probably during lock-down too - using suposedly furloughed staff!!
  11. S

There’s a lot of 2020 CTR’s arriving in the states judging by the number of collection videos on YouTube. Plus lots of tests too... overall they’re favourable but no direct comparisons to the old model. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. S

If driving hero Chris Harris reckons alcantara shouldn’t go anywhere near a road car steering wheel then that’s all I need to know...! Seriously, annoys me because this change and the sound thing are probably decisions by the Honda marketing dept rather than the engineers... Sent from my...
  13. S

I played the Carwow joker by getting the best prices from three dealers then simply went back to my original supplying dealer (Yeoman/Guildford) and asked them to beat the best deal. Not all colours were available, red and polished metal being the most prolific, in fact my local dealer (Norwich)...
  14. S

I must be a bit of a pussy as mine is still running the original brakes at 25,000 (2/3rds down) and it’s second set of tyres are barely worn too. That includes a couple of track days too... never experienced the much publicised gear-box bulking issues either... really can’t fault the car at all...
  15. S

I too have had a Sonic since 2017. It's been one of the best cars I've ever owned. Easily equal to my 2 x DC2's. Only fault is the common buzz from the dashboard (only occurs in very hot conditions). So I can't think I'd improve anything really. Even the colour is the best option. As a...
  16. S

New tyres

To be honest, I wasn’t happy with Team Dynamics. They cocked-up the first set and initially suggested I correct the wrong off-set by using spaces. They did subsequently supply a set that fitted but the whole episode left a bad taste and left me confused as to what is the correct fitment. I’d...
  17. S

New tyres

I tried it... Team Dynamics 18"s plus Mich Pilot Sports (not S), car lost some magic with the smaller wheels - but I accept I should have been more ambitious with the tyre choice, maybe something like Cup2's would have been better? - anyway, soon reverted back to OE spec. I won't mess with it...
  18. S

New tyres

I really don’t understand how it’s possible to wear out the Conti’s over this distance?... Mine did 12k and still weren’t shot. Admittedly rotated every 4K. The first few thousand were done when the car was a demo, so nothing to do with me and then included a dry track-day too. I’ve had a...
  19. S

New tyres

The wheels will probably look and work better on that. The less sophisticated suspension allowing for more camber changes, making a taller sidewall appropriate Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  20. S

New tyres

From the eBay listing actually - with a FK2... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  21. S

New tyres

NOW SOLD Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  22. S

New tyres

I know. Within a day of refitting them I hit an unseen low kerb and would have sworn I'd squared a wheel... but even so, the car lost something with the smaller rims, became too normal!
  23. S

New tyres

Basically in the protracted wait for RIMSTOCK to supply the 18" wheels, I had to buy new Conti's for the original wheels. And although I love the robustness and wet weather grip of the smaller set-up, I miss the razor-sharp turn-in - which I now realise, is what gives the car it's character!
  24. S

New tyres

Decided to revert to the 20"s, so I'm selling a set of TEAM DYNAMICS Black Gloss Pro Race 1.3 Alloy Wheels 18x8.5 fitted with 245x18 40 profile MICHELIN PILOT SPORT 4 tyres Beat the RIMSTOCK six to eight week leadtime on these particular wheels. Tyres bought from Black Circles. All done less...
  25. S

New tyres

For me, there doesn’t appear to be any more torque-steer than with the 20”s. There’s no reason there should be what with the tyre being in the same position, okay with just a bit more sidewall ‘give’. Only downside is that I’ve lost a bit of turn-in bite but that’s got perhaps more to do with...
  26. S

New tyres

ET55 is wrong, Rimstock initially supplied a set to that spec and they hit the calipers. ET45 is what you need. Speak to Justin and pay £705 for a set Pro-Race 1.3's delivered. Car feels so good now on 18"s, initially I thought I'd be returning to 20"s next summer, but the more I drive it...
  27. S

FK8 FK8 values

Interesting stuff. But I'm sure these figures for new Type R's are going to **** off a few people. A lot will have paid close to list. When I first approached my local dealer in Norwich, the best I was offered was free paint and the service package. It wasn't until I went on CarWow that I found...
  28. S

FK8 FK8 values

Just wondered the cheapest an FK8 has changed hands for? Casual observation of ads in Autotrader and Pistonheads looks like values are holding up fairly well, propped up in part by the strong prices of the previous FK2 model. I paid £29k for a five month old demonstrator in December 17, I...
  29. S

New tyres

...and finally I got my Team Dynamics fitted... now done about 200 miles. Initial thoughts... I am liking the 18”s feeling of invincibility... I know that’s as much a state of mind as anything - knowing the wheels are likely to survive a pothole or expansion joint without bursting or worse...
  30. S

New tyres

I wish!... I had the original tyres rotated round front to rear before I picked it up and swapped again at 7500 miles... I think that’s the secret. The rears actually have loads more tread left. I’ve always been light on tyres. But I like to think I don’t hang about, having raced saloons and...
  31. S

New tyres

Okay, these tyres are not long for this world but certainly not frayed at 11k?... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. S

New tyres

Are you saying you chewed through a pair of front Conti’s in just 3000 miles?... I’m currently on 11k with still loads of life left - and that includes a trackday plus the first 3k were done when the car was used as a demo.. ?!!! I perhaps need to pedal a little harder?!!! Sent from my iPad...
  33. S

New tyres

Copying Matt Neal in on my ranting perhaps?... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. S

New tyres

STOP PRESS... new wheels coming tomorrow made to the correct et45... pics and initial driving impressions to follow... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  35. S

New tyres

...numpty here, but what exactly does the 'ET' relate to?...
  36. S

New tyres

Rimstock accepts they might have got their calculations wrong. They're sending me some 'approved' 5mm spacers to try while they manufacture me another set of wheels (may take months). I'm still to be convinced...
  37. S

New tyres

Okay, what 5mm spacers to get?....
  38. S

New tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. S

New tyres

To be honest I’m all set to return them. Although spacers does seem a quick fix, seems crazy to save 3kg in wheel mass then put back weight in spacer... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  40. S

New tyres

You could be right but 2017 onwards is listed as a different model. Are the brakes the same size on the FK2?....
  41. S

New tyres

okay, so I've received my shiny new Pro Race 1.3 18" wheels. They don't fit. More specifically they don't clear the front calipers without a 5mm spacer. I'm a bit miffed as I waited eight weeks for these to turn up. Call me a sissy but I'm not prepared to add spacers. Before I return them to...
  42. S

FK8 Winter tyres

Did you need to get the tyre monitoring system reset to accommodate the new wheels?... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  43. S

New tyres

I'll mention it to my contact at Rimstock and see what can be done. To be honest, at just over £700 a set, they're not expensive anyway. It's the bloody lead-time that's the problem!
  44. S

New tyres

Re: Pro Race 1.3 18" wheels. Just been told by the factory my wheels should be finished next week. As soon as they're on, I'll post pics and first impressions... Perhaps the forum should seriously think about a group purchase direct from Team Dynamics?
  45. S

New tyres

Ummm, perfectly serviceable but I think I prefer my admittedly currently unobtainable Pro Race 3’s (around £1200 fitted with MPS4’s) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. S

New tyres

...what are the 18"s wheels from Honda and what do they look like?.... I'm still struggling to get my new set out of Rimstock!
  47. S

New tyres

Fascinating stuff... you're right about the lead-time at Team Dymanics - my 18" Pro Race 1.3's are on back order and I'm chasing almost daily. Interesting feature in this months EVO mag, again berating the fragility of the standard 20"s... to quote Ian Eveleigh when signing off the article...
  48. S

New tyres

Personally, I’ve never found bigger rims automatically offer better handling. It’s often a decision by the marketing and styling department to upsize (and obviously extract more from the car buyer). I won’t claim any unstrung weight saving between the 18’s and 20’s until I compare (rubber can...
  49. S

New tyres

Not lowering or fitting spacers and I'm not intending on going bigger, I'll just be sticking with the OE 245 width on 8" rims and with 40% instead of 30% profile the overall radius should be the same as standard - but I'll check the speedo against GPS to be sure. One thing that does concern me...
  50. S

New tyres

Makes sense to do this. I can take off the still well legal OE wheels and tyres and store until the car is handed back or sold in a couple of years. Meanwhile, I can runaround on the 18's enjoying better ride and handling without the constant worry of repeating the EVO experience! Then sell...
  51. S

New tyres

The rolling diameter of 18's with 40 profile is the same as 20's with 30 profile, so surely as long the studs fit, the offset is correct and they clear the brakes all will be fine?... surely no need for spacers or lowered springs?
  52. S

New tyres

Another question guys... Conti 6 or Conti 6 'XL'...?
  53. S

New tyres

Great thanks. Wheelbase offer a set of 18" Team Dynamics Pro Race complete with Conti 6's at £1269.00 or £1329.00 for PS4's
  54. S

New tyres

Anyone got a car with 18's fitted?... love to see what it looks like. The joke is you could probably buy a complete set of Team Dymanics wheels AND tyres for the same cost a just the four replacement 20" tyres!
  55. S

New tyres

Latest EVO doesn't paint a very good picture of the newly fitted Pilot Sport 4 S to their fleet FK8. Two new tyres got taken out by a motorway expansion joint. Is it possible to post images here?... if so, I can stick up the magazine page...
  56. S

New tyres

After thinking that I had a bit of time to peruse the options, a slow puncture in the offside rear means new tyres sooner rather than later. Assuming it can't be repaired, I'm prepared to bite the bullet and get a full set of class-leading Pilot Sport 4S. Cheapest price appears to be £182...
  57. S

New tyres

I’m pretty sure manufacturers specify tyres as much for reliable supply and price criteria as they do for ultimate performance. The Conti’s do appear to melt on track but really do hang on - to the point where the next-day I felt I was suffered mild whiplash (I feel a claim coming on!)...
  58. S

New tyres

The problem with personal comparisons is that your brand new tyres (once bedded in) will feel and perform a lot better than the shagged old set. Even if your new tyres are budget!
  59. S

New tyres

Evo magazine have just done a tyre test and the results don't show massive differences between the brands. One tyre may be slightly better in wet or dry grip or ride comfort but it's all relative and surely you just then drive to your own tyres strengths? Let's face it, any tyre in these exotic...
  60. S

New tyres

With a trackday looming I'm starting to research new tyres to fit afterwards... Although not one of the fashionable brands I've always had good results with Hankook, particularly with the ride quality (could that mean they're softer?) Found I can get a set of Hankook Ventus S1 EVO K107 245/30...
  61. S

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

brilliant, thank you. I'll go and look now....
  62. S

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

I don't have a towing eye to attach to the rear either!
  63. S

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

Still not sure how MSV will react to the FK8 towing arrangements, as mentioned in my previous post, they weren’t happy when I forgot my Fiesta ST’s screw-in toe eye. They marched me up to the control room to sign away any rights to the organisers taking care in removing my car should I park it...
  64. S

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

So they're underneath the car ready to use?.... not sure I can see what you mean?....
  65. S

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

Doing my first trackday at Snetterton with the FK8 soon and I know from previous experience with my Fiesta ST that they're pretty pedantic about having a means to drag the car out of the gravel. If it doesn't have one then you have to sign a disclaimer that basically allows the marshals to...
  66. S

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

Thanks for all the tips on where to investigate the infuriating dash buzzing. Turns out it was simply the centre speaker grill. The A pillar speaker grill also tries to occasionally play along. Haven't done a permanent fix yet but at least I know how to silence it when it starts buzzing...
  67. S

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

Anyone experience the centre console buzzing at 3500 rpm? Grrrr...it's completely doing my head-in.... give me a piston through the cylinder block any day over at intermittent rattle from the dashboard! Seems to be worse in the hot weather. Had Holden Honda look at it twice but to no...
  68. S

FK8 Wind deflectors

I need these.... how difficult to fit?... any compromises?
  69. S

FK8 Anyone gone from Fiesta ST or Focus RS to FK8?

Actually, my three FST's were red, then white, then back to red again... my Focus RS was blue (about the only thing I liked about it!)
  70. S

Sonic grey... nicely understated and contrasts with the red nicely. I think the price I paid is appropriate as it had done 3k demo miles... and the last week in December is the best week of the year to negotiate a deal! - they even gave me over-the-odds on the Fiesta trade-in. Very happy...
  71. S

Just arrived here.... Two weeks ago, I swapped in my beloved 2016 Fiesta ST MP215 (the third I'd owned), for a ex-demo CTR at £4.5k off list. My back story: After two brilliant Fiesta ST experiences, I had a false dawn with an AWD Focus RS.. within days of taking delivery I regretted it...
Back