• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Whereabouts did you get the mapping done??
  2. D

4-2-1 manifold with a cat instead of flexi?

That's decent gains. Getting on with it ok after a few weeks??
  3. D

Do you know what the gains were with this manifold??
  4. D

Been looking for a header option with a cat for motorsport, looks interesting. Lowest price imported and delivered to the UK, and including the high flow cat, seems to be £450.. unless you've found anything a lot cheaper??
  5. D

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

Yep, b pipe already changed on mine. the sports cat diameter also looks a lot bigger than standard. Intake is a PRC paired with an ITG maxogen, will be interesting to see what it manages.
  6. D

Thanks. I might just leave my exhaust as it is then and invest in a final drive instead. Hopefully the Japspeed sports cat has as good flow as the OEM version.
  7. D

Is that with a standard exhaust manifold and cat??
  8. D

New tyres

Yes, if you're getting four expensive tyres Camskill will always be way cheaper and definitely worth a little extra hassle.
  9. D

New tyres

Blackcircles has 10% off all Michelins this week. Can get the Pilot Sport 4S for £230 fitted.
  10. D

K100 ECU and Remap

I've had the CPL reflash fitted. As you say, when cold the idle takes a while to settle. But when warm, it seems to be a significant improvement. Vtec kick in is much much smoother and comes in earlier. Pretty happy so far and should suit what I want for this year at least. I'm planning on...
  11. D

K100 ECU and Remap

Thanks for that. I really want the vtec lower for hillclimbing this year, but also struggling with the k100, manifold and mapping costs.. so might be a stop gap solution. If it’s too horrendous then I’ll just have to go the whole way.. thanks again.
  12. D

K100 ECU and Remap

How long did you use the CPL reflash for and did you ever get it dyno'd before the remapping?? I'm thinking about it for a short term option (just a track car) before manifold upgrades at a later date...
  13. D

New tyres

Unless cost is the only factor, I'd be fitting the Michelins. Especially if the car is going to be tracked in the future. Have a look at the latest EVO magazine, it tests the exact tyres that you'd be looking at. I fitted the Falken 510s to my road mini last year, puncture emergency. Now have...
  14. D

EP3 Hillclimb Project EP3

Would be interesting to hear thoughts on the next steps... looking at 2019 and beyond, but on a budget. Got to get the car through an MOT, which may dictate things, but current thinking is: 1. Get the suspension sorted. Springs and shocks look tired. Yellowspeed or BC racing coilovers...
  15. D

I've ordered the complete Revo Technica unit from Tegiwa.. no sign of it yet.
  16. D

Well, short shifter still hasn’t arrived.. Took the civic to the Bristol mc sprint at Combe on Saturday. Huge class and wasn’t expecting too much up against serious turbo kit. Thought that a 72s run may be possible with the car as it is. Also, should always aim at being the top N/A car. Did a...
  17. D

First track day in the Civic at Castle Combe. Learnt a lot but took it fairly easy, more to come from the car. New front brembo brake pads worked well. Gear change not perfect, so going to change the fluid and also install a short shift unit. Had a run in a friends race clio. Completely different!
  18. D

How to replace a broken bonnet release cable

Yes, tbh, having looked at the options earlier that’s exactly what I’ve gone for. Thanks.
  19. D

How to replace a broken bonnet release cable

Thanks for this step by step guide. Snapped mine tonight. Joy.
  20. D

Gurston was a struggle and I spent the day trying to work out where I should be with the gears. Was frustrating but very keen to get back there. Was at least a second away from what I should have been doing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNo85zXiXnM Good photo from Wiscombe..
  21. D

A couple of Wiscombe events down and one at Gurston. Quickly learning that I need more time in the car (track afternoon booked for a couple of weeks time) and that the vtec band really needs to be lowered (something to think about over the winter). Was a real issue at Gurston where I was...
  22. D

Survived the first event down in Wiscombe down in Devon. Pretty nasty conditions, slippery all day and not ideal for my first test of the car. We had a class of 18 (up to 2600cc) so the 1.8T cars allowed in that, including quattros. Was third after the first timed run, and pretty happy with that...
  23. D

Civic getting tyres fitted and then "set up" next week ahead of Wiscombe on the 28th.. really looking forward to it. Completely different from any car that i've owned, so will take a bit of getting used to (good to get the excuses in early!). [/IMG]
  24. D

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

If spending that much on the car, I would just make sure that everything is MSA compliant so it could easily become a race car. You never know, and would massively help with resale value if your plans ever changed.
  25. D

Track Day tyres

That was Protyre and with a discount code that I found online (think it saved me £27).
  26. D

Track Day tyres

Just ordered a set of AD08s 215/45/17s to be fitted for £445. Ok price and looking forward to getting them on the car!
  27. D

Pilot Sport 4 on track?

Not sure what the Autosolo regs state, but Pilot Sport 4s aren't included on any MSA tyre list anyway... Do you need to run List 1a tyres??
  28. D

Rear ARB bolts "extracted", and ancient rear drop links sawn off. Replacement parts start to arrive tomorrow. Will be good to get the car ready for tyres and geo set up. The springs and shocks look in pretty poor condition. I'll be looking to get some coilovers on at some stage - when the...
  29. D

Well, the rear ARB bolts are a delight! One side just about ok, the other side a disaster.. nothing like a challenge to start with. At least the camber arms loosened off ok.
  30. D

Unfortunately, removing any of the interior (the carpet can go) or glass would bump you into the "modified production" class and that's basically anything goes, including full slicks. It would also require more safety gear. Regs are in the link below, have a read of Page 343 if interested...
  31. D

Yes, it will stay on the road. The hillclimb regs for road going require that you have to retain all of the interior (can replace drivers seat and add safety gear) and the glass has to stay as well. But you're right, weight is an issue to investigate. The car is now in the air and ready for...
  32. D

Thanks, will do. I'm looking to replace all the drop links (look old and knackered), get rear adjustable camber arms (fronts already adjustable) and upgrade the rear ARB to a JDM one. That will be it to start with, and tyres. Can I ask what geo set up do you use for your track car? Brakes. I...
  33. D

It will run in the "road production" category and 2018 will be a bit of a test, with some track days thrown in so that I can learn the car. A couple of Wiscombe events entered, and Gurston in June also. Looking at Goodwood, Castle Combe and Wiscombe again later in the year. The regulations are...
  34. D

EP3 has been found for the hillclimb project. Took a gamble and travelled a long way for it, but seems to be pretty good and survived the 4.5 hour journey home! The exhaust was silly loud, so standard back box already on. Much more sensible and shouldn't have any noise problems now. I'm looking...
  35. D

So after looking at all of the options, I'm aiming to run a EP3 as a hillclimb car this year and develop over time. Think it has great potential for the events I'm interested in. Would also be usd for track days. Need to find the right car first. Still a little torn between running a standard...
Back