• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Marco#58

FK8 First Service Oil Change

Noted @MattFK8, thank you mate. At least when I go to France in my other family car, apart from bringing back wine and beer, will bring back some oil. Shed loads of Total oil in Carrefour and every other petrol station is a Total one.:lol:
  2. Marco#58

Sounds like the garages use different oils depending on the deal they can get or preferences. Don't know why I thought it would be Honda only oil, my other VAG Group car, was factory filled filled with Castrol Edge which is what I have stuck with. The previous VAG Group car had Shell Helix...
  3. Marco#58

So Tuesday the car had its first service, it's under the 5 year service plan I purchased when I bought the car. No issues with the car so far, loving it. Now, when I first had it I purchased some "top up oil" the genuine Honda oil 0w20. The FK8 never used any in 12 months, 6k miles...
  4. Marco#58

FK8 UK and US differences

The one I like is from a company called "Carbon Zone Poland", based guess where;) Do a search on Facebook and you will find them. Slightly thicker than standard, only heard good things about the quality and service.
  5. Marco#58

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Our first Honda and Japanese car and the wife and I are absolutely loving "her" FK8. Although the new Megane Renaultsport wasn't really out 10 weeks ago to look at, I read the tests and it seems a very interesting, decent, good handling car for sure. I would have waited to try one as I think...
  6. Marco#58

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Yes now you mention his name, I remember he was a James. Enjoyed chatting to him about the mods to his car. He also suggested the PRL intercooler. Will drop some cash on one of those as well.
  7. Marco#58

EP3 FK8 exhausts

As you do, driving to Brooklands Weybridge on Saturday, in the red FK8 and blue FK8 races up behind me and pulls in where I pull in and parks up. Stops just for a chat. Young lad gets out (well younger than me) and we have a chat about the car. Long term purchaser of Type R motors and loves...
  8. Marco#58

Yes Honda would do it. But on all my VAG Group cars they all have hydraulic valve adjusters so you just start it and drive it, never have to have them adjusted as they are self-adjusting. Thank you for the welcome, appreciated. New to the Honda scene, in fact new to a Japanese car full...
  9. Marco#58

EP3 FK8 exhausts

I was at VAG Tuner Live last Sunday, VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda tuners show etc. Scorpion exhausts were there with numerous cars fitted with their stainless steel exhausts systems including an RS3 and Golf R. I was there as I have a Skoda family car as well as the wifes Type R. What is interesting to...
  10. Marco#58

You can see oil temps when in + R mode Tell me more, one think I am missing with the Type R is this simple function. Coolant warms up very quickly but I like to see how the oil is getting on as well
  11. Marco#58

First Type R here and only had it 4 weeks now. Loving it. For the wife and I it feels perfect and so much fun. If I was to be nick picky at this stage and I don't have the experience of other forum members on the brand. 1. Auto door lock when setting off/moving (didn't know you couldn't be...
  12. Marco#58

FK8 RS3 to Type R

I have a FK8 on order and should be here on the weekend I hope. I tried a second hand RS3, 2 year old one. Interesting comparison. I found the straight line performance simply unbelievable and the noise was something else with everything switched on. I think the one I tried had the sports...
Back