• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Bones126

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Nice work, will be worth all the effort once done :smt023
  2. Bones126

Burning oil

As above I would first check and change the PCV, then if still the same and compression is low it COULD be rings, valve stem seals or is there an oil leak on the charger adding oil to the mix? I take it there is no oil i the water making it look milky?
  3. Bones126

What did you do to your Type R today?

Fitted to the doors speaker fastrings and Dynamtted them too, gives a better sound but managed to cut every finger while doing so :-/. Can’t beat a bit of blood, sweat and tears while working on a car lol..
  4. Bones126

Oil breather - why you should NOT replace the line by one of those tiny filters

Thanks for the replies and the info guys, for now I’ll leave be. Hopefully in the next 12 months there is a possibility that I will supercharge as this is a project car for me, so will bare it in mind for then. Cheers.
  5. Bones126

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Nice write up, great car and good work. Like it, should be fun!
  6. Bones126

Oil breather - why you should NOT replace the line by one of those tiny filters

Apologies for dragging up a real old post, but interested in what people thoughts are on this today, in particular with a FN2. From what the report says, it should be a closed system (rocker cover), how true this is I don't know. But the argument that the rocker cover is vented to the air...
  7. Bones126

Restoring headlights?

I've used 50% Autoglym Super Resin and 50% T-Cut, along with some elbow grease :-)
  8. Bones126

Black Beast of Sweden FN2 GT "08

Nice Car, nice pictures.
  9. Bones126

Car idle hunting

Hi, I’ve read that it can sometimes take up to 10 runs for the idle to settle and ecu to sort idle out, see how it goes over the next couple of days. But as above, check all vac pipes etc are fitted and fitted correctly.
  10. Bones126

FN2 Gruppe M - restriction.

Thanks @Lewisgame, the FN2 has an under bonnet scoop feed from the front of the car from above the grill and slam panel, the scoop then (when bonnet shut) connect to the air box with a large K&N cone filter in it which runs the usual course of the standard air feed. Think I've seen that...
  11. Bones126

Hi, TDI North, in a discussion about supercharging. I heard it was only good up to 250 bhp as well from elsewhere? Not seeing how ram air apposed to sucking is restrictive unless it's the diameter of the inlet track. Cheers Dave
  12. Bones126

Hi, I have a Gruppe M fitted to my FN2 but have been told these can be restrictive. Can anyone tell me what is restrictive about them please as I thought the ram air affect would be better than a cone just sucking air in and the cone surface area is much bigger than the OEM panel filter. Is...
Back