• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. alidroy

Removing chip and putting ECU back to standard

Guys, I have a Dastek chip and it's had the engine management light coming on several times. Been to Honda numerous times and had timing chain replaced, solenoids, sensors etc changed but guy said next time it comes on they think it's the chip thats causing the probs. Dastek say it's out of...
  2. alidroy

Carbon bonnet bubbling!!??

Guys, Had this Seibon bonnet on for about 6 weeks now and at the very front of the bonnet and the top (nearest the windscreen) is raised up like it's bubbling! This shouldn't happen should it? Have I got a defective bonnet?
  3. alidroy

Cam shaft position sensor

Alrighty, Took my car into my local Honda dealer as the engine warning light was coming on, 2nd time in a month. Had it checked on the diagnostics and it's a Cam shaft position sensor intermitently failing. My question is: 1/. Will this damage my car in anyway if I drive it without...
  4. alidroy

Carbon bonnet now fitted!!

Guys, Got this fitted today, not too happy as you can see from the pics, there's a gap! :cry: This is due to the crap fitting on the Mugen grille so I'm going to be putting the grille back to a standard one if anyone has one! What you think?
  5. alidroy

These brakes any good???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-MINTEX-FRONT-BRAKE-DISC-PADS-01_W0QQitemZ330101281810QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10386QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
  6. alidroy

Need new rear disks and pads

Guys I'm needing new rear disks and pads, old ones are corroded and knarckered basically. Where's the best place to get these standard parts, Honda want £200 supplied and fitted!! Cheers Ali.
  7. alidroy

Back from Honda and need new shocks

My 03plate CTR was in at Honda today getting the gearbox oil changed. They did a check on the whole car and I was told my front 2 shocks had free play in them. :cry: They quoted me £330 for supply and fitting!!! :!: What's the best option? Get standard shocks and get them fitted...
  8. alidroy

Seibon Carbon Bonnet

Got my bonnet through today from Unit 8 :D When lifting it to check the underside there was the sound of lots of little stones running from one end to the other :oops: Is this normal, or has my bonnet got lots of crap in between? Cheers Ali.
  9. alidroy

Gearbox Oil required when you have a Quafie LSD fitted?

Guys, As above. My car goes in on Friday and I need to know what oil I will need that works for both the LSD as well as the syncromesh in the honda gearbox. I was told I should have been given some data sheet from Quaife of what oil their LSD use, as it will have a API standard. Can you...
  10. alidroy

Removing the tape that holds down a Mugen Grille???

Guys, I have a mugen grille on my CTR but the guy before me has put it on wearing a blind fold by the looks of it I've removed the black clips etc but the grille is stuck on to the bumper with the double sided tape I presume. Whats the best way to get the tape of without damaging the...
  11. alidroy

Molyslip Gearbox Protection

Guys, My 03 plate CTR is going into Honda a week today to get the gearbox oil changed and I've heard that getting them to add in the Molyslip makes gear changes even better. I was reading the back of the tube of Molyslip and it says do not use in Slip Differential Axles. My CTR has been...
  12. alidroy

Changing the gearbox oil?

Guys, How do I go about changing the gearbox oil, or is it a job for the garages? Cheers Ali
Back