• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Arcam

FK8 rotational thud on full lock

If only when cold it is normal, caused by the locking diff, once the oil warms up it will go. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  2. Arcam

EP3 Cookie's FK8 Tale of Woe - 4th gear lockout and popout

The clutch pedal clearance setting is also critical, both dealers who looked at my car for this issue missed the pedal clearance setting being incorrect (too great). Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  3. Arcam

FK8 Gearbox Issues

That is their standard response [emoji17] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  4. Arcam

EP3 Metallic L plates won't stick to the bonnet boot on the FK8

They are metal but made of aluminium. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  5. Arcam

EP3 Bumper off, what’s worth doing?

Intercooler? Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  6. Arcam

EP3 Rear pad replacement

Done Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  7. Arcam

EP3 Rear pad replacement

If anyone wants my AP200 dongle they can have it for £30 Inc shipping in the UK. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  8. Arcam

EP3 Rear pad replacement

The AP200 will do the EPB pad reset procedure just fine, it is the one I used to change mine. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  9. Arcam

FK8 Geo settings - pins removed

Now sent via email. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  10. Arcam

I have found the docs, all 9 pages, my scanner is down but I can photograph them and send them over later today [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  11. Arcam

No problem Matt, I don't think I would go my20, not enough improvements on the cooling front. I think I have your email address somewhere but ping it over via pm and I will get those docs over to you tomorrow. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  12. Arcam

I have the Honda spec sheets taken from the workshop manual someplace, let me see if I can put my hands on them. It is what I used when I did mine. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  13. Arcam

FK8 Service Pack FK8

I can understand your reluctance to hand your car over to some dealers, I was the same with my FK8 and I did do service work myself even though I had a service pack ... but that was because I wanted to service more often because of track use. Not all dealers are pants and as you have a SP it...
  14. Arcam

FK8 Parking sensor in the rain

Yep, that is a standard "feature", it has been know by Honda for over 18 months and a fix has not been released for the CTR or the other CTR shaped Civics (back order for over 12 months). My wife's 1lt Civic has the same issue but it is worse on the CTR. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  15. Arcam

FK8 Shift down icon

If you labour the engine in a high gear at Lewis speed you should see the down shift indicator. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  16. Arcam

FK8 GoPro camera mount setup

I mounted mine just under the rear view mirror slughtly to the left on a GoPro suction mount. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  17. Arcam

What did you do to your Type R today?

The 4S is available in oem size, best all round summer tyre on the planet IMHO. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  18. Arcam

No, got a better price from wbac, 2 dealers refused to give a bid and 2 traders bid too low, wbac gave the best price. Still the best price I got was not brill, 25k minus fees on 12 month old, 12k miles with 5 year service plan. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  19. Arcam

M340i x-drive Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  20. Arcam

I have sold mine today :( If anyone is after a set of OEM disks in good condition drop me a PM. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  21. Arcam

I steer enough to get round the corner without understeer, there is occasion curb use. Please bear in mind the tyres have done 10 days on track. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  22. Arcam

None of the above Chris, just track use with not enough camber. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  23. Arcam

2.4 bar front and 2.3 bar rear Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  24. Arcam

I run stock cold pressures, I don't drop them when they get hot (I used to on others cars) as I use the tyres starting to slide as time to take a break, assuming the car has not over heated first which it can do [emoji1] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  25. Arcam

Yes, oem sizes, 8 days at the ring, 2 of which were very wet, 1 Cadwell, 1 Rockingham, 1/2 day Oulton. The side walls are fine and the grip levels particularly in the wet are dark better with the P4S. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  26. Arcam

I have always finished a TD on the P4S bar the last one when I went to cord. The graining effect happens to all tyres so is not special to P4S, the lack of camber over the 10 TDs I did on them caused my issue, there was still 3mm of tread left on the rest of the tyre. Sent from my SM-N960F...
  27. Arcam

Oulton Park (I quit at lunchtime because of the front tyres, I hoped to get a final day out of them) but they had done 10k miles and 10 days on track, the P4S tyre is simply the best. The FK8 really needs more negative camber, I have already maxed out the oem options. Sent from my SM-N960F...
  28. Arcam

Replaced 2 front tyres due to some track day action wear [emoji23] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  29. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Nah I did'nt Matt, but last time out at the Ring I went solo only and ambient temp was 12 - 14c and I only got 80% of max temp and a 15sec a lap better time! Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  30. Arcam

And me on a no fault, got a letter from my insurance to say no fault etc but still had to declare for 5 years. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  31. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

I have not had overhearing issues on any UK circuit yet, I have not done Spa in my CTR yet (plenty of times in other cars), but I have done loads at the Ring on proper track days. When you say yours did not overheat at the Ring was it a TF session or a TD and were you one up in the car and what...
  32. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Sorry, I should just add the reason I can't left foot brake with power on is because the ECU cuts the throttle as soon ad the brakes are touched. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  33. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Good point re track vs road braking, I nearly always use my brakes on track with the wheels on the verge of locking/threshold of ABS activation, can't do left foot braking with power on the stock CTR but happy the oem setup is so balanced chassis wise. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  34. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

I did one full day at Donington with full oem setup and the stock brakes worked fine for me, even 2 up. I did however leave all TC systems on and I went through a full set of rear pads, the fronts used about 60%. The guided cooling from the front bumper seems to do the trick, well it does for...
  35. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

I would have to disagree Matt, with good fluid and decent pads I have not had any braking issues the fully floating discs I use are also very good and have improved cooling over stock. I have never once had smoking or faded brakes, even at Cadwell or Rockingham. Sent from my SM-N960F using...
  36. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Sounds good to me as well, if the quality is good on them as I have seen some that "fit where they touch"? Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  37. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

If you are using the Tapatalk app you just click on the plus sign on the message and add them in one at a time. See my screen shot bolow Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  38. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Thanks Matt, unfortunately I don't do Facebook I will ask my missus to check the links from her account [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  39. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Stick some pics up Matt so we can see how big the opening is now with a bust grille. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  40. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Nice but at £700+ I will give it a miss. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  41. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

All the US lot that track have been trying many options with very limited success, I believe that air flow is the key and the front grille we have is very restrictive, a bigger rad will not help as there is not enough air flow to remove the heat. So that leave you with bonnet vents and modding...
  42. Arcam

FK8 FK8 overheating

Yep, I have had loads of overhearing on the Nurburgring, particularly with a passenger and 25+c temps. I had the warning light on twice, most annoying. Just back from a double day (DN22) and set a 15 sec a lap quicker time in the damp and 12c temp than in summer in hot temps plus no cooling...
  43. Arcam

Replaced my front and rear pads ready for Rockingham next week. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  44. Arcam

FK8 A few questions... Differences? Or am i stupid?

Confirmed this is an issue on my car, I have amended my original post.
  45. Arcam

TBH Dave I am very surprised it does not work on mine with block changes, you could argue it is even more valuable then. I will raise a case with Honda. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  46. Arcam

This is correct for my 2018 vehicle and the 2 demo cars I drove as well, I do a lot of block changed particularly on track and it has never worked once. I can confirm this is an issue with my car, I will leave it until dealer visit in December. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  47. Arcam

You are welcome [emoji106] If it is unsealed you should be able to swap it or get a refund. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  48. Arcam

1) It only work on gears changes above 2k RPM. 2) They can be somewhat "random" in operation, my wife’s 1.0lt civic works fine, my CTR just makes it up no matter what setting I use on the sensitivity, well maybe not quite that bad but nowhere near as good as my previous vehicles. 3) They do...
  49. Arcam

Seals are still ok, the first EzpC RP1 pads I tried has stainless steel back plates and they were ok, the 2nd set of prototype pads had a cheapo mild steel BP, the RS29s just work, full stop. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  50. Arcam

Yeah, I have run disks with those standard of surface cracks and they will take at least another set of RS29s, perhaps 2. Rears are now due ac4cset, the rear disks are lasting better than I expected. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  51. Arcam

Absolutely [emoji3][emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  52. Arcam

True but still serviceable and no warping, very impressed with them. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  53. Arcam

As they looked after 5 sets of pads. Sorry for the odd lighting effect. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  54. Arcam

Here they are when first fitted, I will post a couple of how they looked yesterday as well. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  55. Arcam

The RS29 pads are the stock size and work brilliantly for all use, but maybe a little squealy in mild road driving for some. The prototype EBC pads were 1.5mm under stock size. I have been running the EBC fully floating direct fit front disks for the last 5 sets of pads and they are fantastic...
  56. Arcam

Yep, back on the Ring for the last 2 days, I normally use Pagid RS29s and I used them today. Yesterday I was testing a new prototype race pad from EBC. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  57. Arcam

Swapped front pads again, 5 sets in 9k miles [emoji23] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  58. Arcam

FK8 FK8 Quiz Time

Me too, I always fit the locknut next to the valve and align the H as well. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  59. Arcam

FK8 FK8 Quiz Time

The first one is correct, the other 3 are "wrong" because of the locking wheel nut position. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  60. Arcam

If you struggle to get a set drop me a pm, EBC also have an offerings if they get their finger out and make some! Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  61. Arcam

Bit more aggressive on the disk and they take some heat to get a decent bite. I am on my 2nd set after using up the oem pads, disk wear is not too bad. From an insurance perspective they do not carry the road use certification as they are classed as race use only. Sent from my SM-N960F using...
  62. Arcam

I run DS2500 pads in the rear and I am getting 2 or 3 front sets to 1 rear with 2nd stage "traction" turned off. The oem pads are pretty soft on the rear. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  63. Arcam

I am getting there [emoji3] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  64. Arcam

When you go +R and do the hold it will say fully off in the dash and you need to press ok to clear the written warning. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  65. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

LOL! I have done the triangle a few times and it is good, there are also some even better roads quite near by there. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  66. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

I had 300 extra miles on the clock when I got home [emoji1] A good day out for sure [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  67. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

It looked planted at all times Matt, in fairness I don't think we did any really hard stops so it would not show itself. Mine behaved itself but I had the benefit of following you so my braking points were easy [emoji3] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  68. Arcam

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

There is no "oil cooler" on a stock CTR It uses an oil to water intercooler which is pretty effective, the downside is the heat from the oil goes into the coolant system which when driven hard can't cope. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  69. Arcam

Who, When, Where

I am doing the DN22 Nurburgring double day on the 30th Sep and 1st Oct. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  70. Arcam

FK8 600 miles in and gearbox concerns...

PM sent [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  71. Arcam

Works for me [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  72. Arcam

I would be up for some of that as well, local knowledge goes a long way [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  73. Arcam

^^^^^^^^^ This for sure [emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  74. Arcam

8k on mine now and getting better, once I adjusted the clutch it stopping snicking 2nd gear. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  75. Arcam

Drop me a pm if you want to meet up, I work in Oldham and live in Rochdale. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  76. Arcam

It is quite simple and only takes a couple of minutes, I am not saying that is your issue but it was for me. Basically you slackened off the locknut on the clutch push rod and take the slack out of it then lock it back up again. If you are around north Manchester I would be happy to take a...
  77. Arcam

I fixed my crunching issue with 2nd gear by adjusting the clutch pedal free play correctly, the dealer looked at mine twice and did nothing saying "they all do that". Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  78. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

That is pretty much what I was saying. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  79. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

I have so far only had this on roads, on my 8 trackdays so far this year it has not been an issue I remember, so better surface on track and the brakes would be fully warmed up compared to poor surface/camber with cool/cold brakes. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  80. Arcam

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

I would say yes for sure, I have not used the Cup2 on my CTR but the 4S is so good on both wet and dry, road and track it really is a no brainer. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  81. Arcam

I can't really comment on the side wall stiffness as I can't compare them now, what I can say is that the oem Contis (fronts) only lasted one day at Donington, the MP4S have so far lasted 6 days on the Ring (2 were wet days) and 1 day at Cadwell with some 3mm left! The MP4S cleared rain on...
  82. Arcam

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

I would defo agree with that, it has happened to me a number of times on rapid braking. People who have followed me on track say the rear end "dances" and it certainly feels a little loose. Twice I have done emergency braking on the road and both time the rear slew from side to side, quite...
  83. Arcam

Nice, I got home at 20:30 last night, enjoy the rest of the week. I use the P4S tyres and they are light years ahead of the Continental tyres. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  84. Arcam

Yep, that's me. Those temps were pretty spot on, but back in May with 15c temps it was still running at 85-95% max temp with only me on board. Did you make it over this week?
  85. Arcam

They normally do the record attempts early in the day or last thing, early is best for engine and late for grip. They do one run at a time and I would not be surprised if an ice/dry ice pack was involved before the run. I have never seen a modern "performance" car with such poor cooling...
  86. Arcam

True [emoji1] It still runs at 95-100% of max coolant temp with just me. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  87. Arcam

No, stock wheels and polished metal body. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  88. Arcam

Rather that changing the rad and IC I am thinking a water spray system for both would be an interesting choice. I will not be turning the engine or swapping down pipes as I like to leave the vehicle stock. That said I have upgraded brake pads, discs, fluids and tyres plus pulled the camber pins...
  89. Arcam

Exclusive Honda only track day

I was going to be with Opentrack, unfortunately they are now sold out, I was waiting on 2 of my mates to come and left booking too late. Drop me a PM if you line something up as I only live in Rochdale so happy to do OP, Cadwell or Anglesey at shortish notice. I would be very interested in...
  90. Arcam

I should be doing OP next Wednesday. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  91. Arcam

I was doing 8m45s BTG times, I did one TF lap last night at 17:30 after a 1h15m cool down and with 2 passengers the overheat warning came on at the half way point. It does not have enough cooling capacity for long full throttle operations. No issues at Cadwell or Donington but max time on full...
  92. Arcam

A/C yes until temp went to 75% max and then it turned the cooling compressor off. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  93. Arcam

Me [emoji3] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  94. Arcam

Sorry no, that should have read 1.5 laps! And 2 days back to back on track day. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  95. Arcam

Don't know the boost answer but I have managed to get the coolant overheat warning on after just 1.5 laps of the ring over the last 2 days, not impressed by the pants coolant system. The ECU defo pulls boost, timing and the throttle when things warm up. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  96. Arcam

[emoji3][emoji106] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  97. Arcam

Cheers, good to know [emoji3] Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  98. Arcam

[emoji3] true, but I normally travel alone. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  99. Arcam

I use the Linder houses from time to time and they are excellent, hacks me off little that they don't have an entry system with RHD vehicles in mind as well as Euro cars. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
  100. Arcam

I am staying in Im Reimerath this time, I normally stay at the Dorint but fancied a change this time as I am on my own. Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Back