• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. LGT19

My FN2 (first ever Honda)

I made it and wired it in myself dude, not a kit you can buy unfortunately :/
  2. LGT19

Razi's FK8 Type R - Track Car Build

Super impressive and expensive looking build dude. Hopefully see you on the track at some point
  3. LGT19

my type r premier edition

that looks smart dude! Like that
  4. LGT19

Small addition - changed the standard intake pipe to a Ramair silicone replacement. Don't think they make any difference but it definitely looks nicer :) more changes to come this weekend
  5. LGT19

New To The vtec World

Welcome! Looks really nice! Think the silver really suits the EP3
  6. LGT19

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

nice work dude!
  7. LGT19

Heading over to Caffeine & Machine next Wednesday for their JDM themed Daikoku nights event so thought I should re-wire my under bonnet lighting :)
  8. LGT19

Yeah the guys at Meguiars basically let me use all of their stuff for the day. Deep washed with the wash+ stuff snowfoamed dried clay bar ultimate compound cut gold class liquid wax While I was there I tried the ultimate waterless wheel and tyre cleaner and WOW are the only words I have to...
  9. LGT19

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Are these kept in stock in colours or are they made to request? I'd like a set but at a certain height if possible to match the other stickers I have on my side stripe...
  10. LGT19

Spent the day down at Meguiars HQ on Friday for a day in the bay feature. Cracking bunch of guys, cannot recommend them enough! I've tried snowfoaming before but never tried Megs version so got to have a play - very impressed. in to the bay for a dry, clay, cut & wax. Super happy with...
  11. LGT19

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Really really nice!!! I know if the wife had the money she would buy one of these tomorrow but in the blue :) For the cost, I think changing bulbs to LED is one of the best things to do with any car. I tend to do it with every car we have. Looking forward to seeing what more you do dude!
  12. LGT19

Thanks dude! :) Off to Meguiars on Friday for some love - will post some photos after
  13. LGT19

MOT passed yesterday after 2 front tyres and both drop-links woop! :) Here's to another year of happy R motoring!
  14. LGT19

My Milano DC5

I always had a soft spot for the DC5 but always thought the Blue was a bit nicer than the white (even though I fully appreciate the appeal of the white). Having seen this, I'm fully in love :) Super nice dude! 3rd picture in your above post is lush!
  15. LGT19

Had a cracking weekend at Yakushi show this weekend! Really recommend it to everybody for next year :) Managed to get a couple of nice photos too! I was tempted to enter the show & shine competition but after seeing the standard of Honda's that had entered - I'm glad I didn't go and embarrass...
  16. LGT19

Just bought a new Type R (FN2) Bronze

looks cracking that does dude! Colour is stunning!
  17. LGT19

My Blue Honda Civic FN2

Very nice indeed! Do love this colour!
  18. LGT19

Thanks for the info dude! I'll check out the Milltek option :) MOT next month - couple of things to sort out after Yakushi show but should be dandy.
  19. LGT19

I didn't see the owner of either FK's - was busy either running round after my daughter on the hill or inside stuffing our faces :) I always look for R friends at these sorts of places though :)
  20. LGT19

Thanks dude! Appreciate it! Couple of pics from Japanese Performance Show. Went along with Type R Fanpage group from Instagram - good bunch of guys and some lush cars! Had the day off last Friday so took a trip out to Caffeine & Machine with the wife and daughter. Cracking place! Found...
  21. LGT19

FN2 Air con fault! Help please

Update on this issue - checked the ECU for any logged issues and there was nothing held. The only thing I can think of now is the pressure sensor in the high pressure side of the air con piping behind the drivers side headlight. I'm off to the scrappies on Saturday to pick up a couple of other...
  22. LGT19

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

This thing is beautiful!
  23. LGT19

I'm after some advice on exhausts.... I'd like to get a new system that allows better flow but I don't want it to be too loud as I use the car daily to take my little one to nursery in a small village mainly occupied by the retired. I've seen quite a few different systems around the web but am...
  24. LGT19

Loxy's Type R #6

Had a good look round this car at JAE, looked lovely!
  25. LGT19

Thanks for this dweezle! Matching what I'm seeing I think the bottom fault is most fitting of my current issue. I've checked the terminals already and traced the wiring which all seems fine and dandy to me. Powertrain DTC's in interesting though - I'll have to plug my OBD2 reader in and see if...
  26. LGT19

Hi guys, Been having some trouble getting my air con to work in the recent hot weather. I never tried it when I bought the car during the winter and only noticed it wasn't working the other week when we had the scorching heat. I've done some googling, watched YouTube vids and spoke to a...
  27. LGT19

Couple of pics from JAE
  28. LGT19

** THE TRO INSTAGRAM PAGE IS NOW LIVE**WANT TO BE FEATURED??

Already followed and liked all of the photos added :) Nice work guys! @fn19230
  29. LGT19

Hi all, I've got a bit of an issue that I can't seem to find the root cause of. Air Con - worked when I bought the car in January but needed a re-gas. Stopped working completely about 3 weeks ago so presumed it just needed a re-gas. Did some checks and found that the fan wasn't kicking in when...
  30. LGT19

Finally managed to get my new plates on and some side stripe vinyls....just to look little different :)
  31. LGT19

Deprived of the red badge…

Always loved these! Great looking car!
  32. LGT19

Trying to get some painting done before Japfest. The front grill surround was that standard grey colour but was quite badly chipped and scratched so sprayed it gloss black. Also decided to spray the middle of the bumper. Quite happy with how it's turned out. I fitted some HID's when i bought...
  33. LGT19

My first Fn2

agreed on anthracite - if you're OCD clean like most of us probably are they you'll want to clean them after every drive.....been through that stage XD
  34. LGT19

My first Fn2

it's just jap plate size 13x7. Can get them at most online places.
  35. LGT19

My first Fn2

nice dude! I bought the same number plate surrounds, they are decent! Thinking of going to a jap plate now though. I'll be at Japfest if you want to have a look at the red/black wheels thing in the flesh :)
  36. LGT19

It's standard Milano red mate but think the filter my phone applies makes it look a bit different. I have used more meguiars on this car in the short time I've owned it than my last 5 cars so hopefully the elbow grease has helped...
  37. LGT19

Thanks Wilmo! It seems I haven't done any real damage so it's fine for now :) couple of pics from a ride out to Caffeine & Machine yesterday
  38. LGT19

Thanks dude! It is nice and fitment is great! I have caught it twice already coming off my drive :(
  39. LGT19

Couple more updates. Maxton design front lip added Got creative with some pin stripe tape I had sitting round Fresh coat of Meguiars ultimate paste wax - always cause for a few shiny pics Random pic for tail end Tuesday And then some lovely beading from the wax Maxton...
  40. LGT19

Yeah it's a standard pop filter that I use on my google phone. I quite like the effect so use it quite often :)
  41. LGT19

Another couple of photos Follow this page on Instagram if you don't already, top draw page for all things TR. And I fitted some engine bay lights for the night time meets/shows
  42. LGT19

Couple of recent photos. Left the bonnet open...doh! Not a very good photo but I sprayed the fuel filler cap gloss black. Need to do the door handles now but I've heard quite a few stories of them being prone to breaking quite easily. Painted the fuse box cover just for a bit more yellow :)...
  43. LGT19

I've actually taken the cover off now as the bay has taken a different route.
  44. LGT19

Issue all fixed! Battery was fine but the main earthing cable off the battery to the chassis wasn't earthing properly after I replaced the standard bolt and didn't do it up properly, rookie error! On another note, could anybody tell me what the diameter of the fitting on the standard airbox...
  45. LGT19

thanks dude! Slight issue this morning - come out to go to work and the car won't start. Unlocks fine, key in, goes to position 1 & 2 fine then as soon as it goes to 3 everything dies before I can hit the start button. Don't think it's a duff battery as everything else is working fine. I...
  46. LGT19

Dave's Type R # 2 - Silver FN GT

very nice indeed! I do like a silver FN2! Wheels look stunning Really like the slam panel fixing kit too, got mine coming this week :)
  47. LGT19

Just to update a little - been fighting with the warranty company since i bought the car regarding a broken front spring. They agreed to pay for a replacement and the work to do it, then wouldn't send me the forms i needed for the garage to do it, then queried the mileage multiple times! So i...
  48. LGT19

Top man thanks Wilmo! I don't need to use the car for 3 weeks after tomorrow so I'll be taking the door cards off and getting the fuel filler caps off to spray :) i'll post updates as I go! I'll be spraying the switch panels in the door too seeing as I need to take the whole door card off.
  49. LGT19

cheers Wilmo! Does anybody have any guides/tips to remove the outer door handles (silver bit) and the fuel filler cap please? I'd like to spray them or maybe wrap them but wanted to get them off the car to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've also got a new Instagram page for the...
  50. LGT19

Thanks dude. Fog light tints are fly eye wrap and the carbon trim are samurai lips off eBay :)
  51. LGT19

Couple of pics from Japfest today Does anybody have a guide or any tips for removing the outer door handles please? I'd like to spray them along with the fuel filler cap
  52. LGT19

Time for a little update. Driving home from picking my daughter up from nursery, braking down to a roundabout and heard a loud knocking noise......got home slowly and safely, jacked the car up, checked around and couldn't see anything untoward, then found that my front drivers side spring had...
  53. LGT19

Thanks for the info dude. My dad is a fabricator so I'm going to get him to make some brackets and then see if i can fit some standard eBay struts. I had a look last night and it looks like 55cm struts should fit just fine but I'll update when parts arrive and the brackets are made
  54. LGT19

Thanks dude! Any idea how long they are supplied with that kit? Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  55. LGT19

Thanks dude! Kit not available on eBay anymore so I'll keep searching :( Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  56. LGT19

Quite a few updates. Sold some parts off my old track car to fund some nice FN2 bits. Cam cover painted, polished and fitted. I also metal polished all of the washer before fitting. I bought a new Honda gasket kit too. Got some yellow hoses through too to dress up the bay a bit. Waiting for my...
  57. LGT19

Wilmo's FN2

I've iust had a look on eBay for a set and there's none on there for an FN2 atm If you've got a link that would be brilliant Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
  58. LGT19

Got a couple more things through the post over the past week or so - been waiting for some warmer weather but got bored so I've been semi busy. Fitted a little decal on the spoiler ends Bought some of these washers and nice new bolts Removed the old battery strap as it was quite rusty...
  59. LGT19

Wilmo's FN2

forgive my ignorance but whats FRSU?
  60. LGT19

More lighting needed :) Wired in to the output side of the drivers side map light so they come on with the door or when i toggle the switch.
  61. LGT19

Wilmo's FN2

We definitely used to get better mpg and performance from the wife's Mazda 6 sport but that was a 2.2diesel when running on better fuel. Maybe it's a dirty diesel thing XD I had a 2L sport 323 for a sport while but I agree with you, it's was really under powered and too heavy. I still have my...
  62. LGT19

I'm after a little inside knowledge if anybody can help me guys :) I've quick search through the forums but I couldn't find anything regarding stopping the car donging at me when you open the door with the key still in. Is there a way to turn this off or disable it? Hoping to get a couple more...
  63. LGT19

Wilmo's FN2

Really nice figures dude! Do you notice a difference using 98R fuel? I tried it a few times on my old 323 and thought it made a difference but never got the chance to test it so put it down to Placebo in the end.
  64. LGT19

Thanks dude! I drilled a small hole in the side plastic just behind where the parcel shelf mounts and threaded the wire through there to just behind the standard boot light. On the output side there are 2 small holes in the pos/neg side of the bulb holder so i threaded the wire through the...
  65. LGT19

Yeah it's an LED light strip that comes off a reel so you can cut it at intervals to fit where needed :) I'd like to do the same in the foot wells to light up with the map lights when you open the doors etc. Here's a link to the light strip I used...
  66. LGT19

Another mod completed last night. I always get a bit annoyed that the lights in any boot are woeful - fixed :) Before After Oh and the new brakes turned up too XD
  67. LGT19

upgrade time -taken some inspiration from Loxy's how to guide and seeing how utterly awful the standard lights were - i made a purchase really didnt take long to fit - i did struggle with the spring clip removal and re-attachment but thats down to my fat hands XD Comparison shot both sides...
  68. LGT19

How to Fit HIDs to a FN2 CTR

cracking guide Loxy! Will be having a go at this the weekend.
  69. LGT19

Thanks Loxy! I'll give this a go next weekend when I've got the whole day booked to do car things :) Managed to grab a couple of hours for cleaning today after removing the TypeR badge from the front grill. The previous owner had bought it and simply jammed it into the grill without any fixings...
  70. LGT19

It had rained a little this morning so got a couple of nice beading shots on the spoiler Got to the inlaws and waiting for me was my skunk2 gearknob - WOOP! Not sure if the sticker will stay... I'm after a little help guys - the small panel on the drivers door where the switches are has been...
  71. LGT19

Thanks for the info dude! Is there a website or something please? EDIT - ignore the above I've found the website and messaged Paul to see if he can help :)
  72. LGT19

I'd love to get the cam cover off, shot blasted, powder coated and back on but as I need to use the car daily I need another cover to substitute for a short period. Anybody know where I could get one either on the cheap or does anybody have a spare they will be willing to lend me for a few weeks...
  73. LGT19

Managed to get the cover lacquered and back on the car tonight. It's not perfect but it's much better than it was. While i was waiting for it to cure, I started cleaning up the intake manifold and gave it a lick of paint. Would of preferred to take it off really and do a proper job but haven't...
  74. LGT19

thanks for the info on the wheels guys!! Hoping to get it lacquered and back on the car tonight along with few other goodies if they turn up. I don't have many plans for the immediate future due to monies - need to pay some stuff off first before I do anything major - the mrs would kill me...
  75. LGT19

Couple of more photos - i have absolutely no idea what wheels they are - need to find out though Sprayed this cover up last night too. Prefer the black to the silver and managed to spruce the vtec badge up with a nail buffer.
  76. LGT19

Thanks for the info Loxy! I've had eBay solutions on virtually all of my old vehicles so interesting to hear that their no good for the FN2 - I'll steer clear :) Although, it'll be a while until I can afford any of the replacements you've mentioned due to limited funds atm. I have no idea what...
  77. LGT19

Hi all, Thanks for letting me join the forum! I've already picked up some inspiration for members builds etc. Just managed to upload some pics so thought I would share although I haven't managed to get any full car shots yet. First thing i like to do on any new car is too change as much...
Back