• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. trv75

FL5 New Civic Type R

I bought an FK8 back in 2019, loved it for the 3 years I had it. Traded in at end of PCP for M4 Competition. I was very interested in the FL5 until I saw the price, £47k is mental. January 2019 FK8 was £31,500.
  2. trv75

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Not to be rude, but you have removed the thin plastic film that is often on those types of battery? I know from experience that it's easily missed :confused:
  3. trv75

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Yeah, finally got mine fitted about 10 days ago. I wasn't 100% sure of the look at first, seemed a bit tractor looking!! :) but they've grown on me and I do actually think they are an improvement and fill the arches nicely. The ride is noticeably better, speed bumps and potholes don't seem half...
  4. trv75

Well I pulled the trigger on a set of 255/35/R20 PS4's, Blackcircles had a 15% off deal so worked out @ £525 delivered. Which seemed decent. Just need to find a decent tyre fitter now :)
  5. trv75

Yeah you're probably right, probably just overthinking it :D
  6. trv75

Jan/Feb 2022, so a while yet
  7. trv75

Soooo, is the general consensus that the 35 profile tyre is generally considered the way to go? Is there a downside to fitting these? I'll be shortly needing 2 new fronts after 11k which isn't too bad I dont think, but was thinking about replacing all 4 with the 35's. With it being PCP I wonder...
  8. trv75

What did you do to your Type R today?

How does modifying exhaust work with PCP? Do you have to revert it back to standard at end of deal? Cheers
  9. trv75

I wonder if temperature affects this as well? As I occasionally had the crunch when I first got car back in January (seems to have cleared, or I'm doing as you suggest without realising. Although 1st to 2nd still is a bit 'draggy' when cold
  10. trv75

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

How do exhaust modifications work with warranty/PCP arrangements? I could be tempted with a Remus. The lacklustre exhaust sound is one of my few gripes with the car
  11. trv75

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

That seems good, how many years over?
  12. trv75

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

I've just checked my paperwork, final payment is £16584, there's a typo in my post as well. My actual payment is £361 :eek:
  13. trv75

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

I got mine at the beginning of the year, put 8k down and 3yr/10000mile PCP for £351 a month. Got the 5 years servicing and alloy wheel insurance thrown in as well. Seemed like an ok deal at the time.
  14. trv75

Yeah I agree, they should make it bigger if anything! :lol: On a side note, don't see what all the fuss is about volume knob etc, fine as it is. I'd rather they improved the quality of steering wheel buttons, get rid of that cheap plastic clickyness
  15. trv75

I'm not sure about installing on the head unit, personally I use Spotify via Android play. Setting it was very simple, just plugged it in and followed instructions on phone display. I'm using a Galaxy S9
  16. trv75

Seems to be sorted now after last spotify update, you can all relax now! :)
  17. trv75

Anyone else having problems with Android Auto/Spotify? Just recently i'm having to constantly reset my phone otherwise I just keep getting 'Spotify Doesn't seem to be working right now'. I've messed about with loads of settings, re-installed both Apps. Still happening...:mad:
  18. trv75

Ha probably, i'm so old I got my licence before you needed to do a theory test. I don't think I worded my post very well. I thought that's what it was but didn't quite understand why its popping up when i'm parked up at work. It seems to come on randomly
  19. trv75

I'm sure it's very obvious, but in the picture i've linked below what does the indicator to the right of 'SPORT MODE' mean? (2 cars side by side) :confused: https://i.imgur.com/Tuip95S.jpg I presume it's a Road Sign indicator for No overtaking?? Although it pops up rarely, and on this occasion...
  20. trv75

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Totally agree with this, as a FK8 driver I still really like the FK2 interior. Don't think it looks dated in the slightest
  21. trv75

FK8 K&N Performance Air Filter?

I've just fitted one as well, I find it quite noticeable (sound only). I'm gonna get all technical here, but it definitely sounds 'whooshier' :)
  22. trv75

Brake squealing has just started, only on really light braking at low speeds. Bit annoying. I've read a lot of people suggest 'bedding in' the pads. Anyone tried this? Suggests 10-80mph followed by hard brake (80-90%) down to 10mph, then repeat 8 or so times. Apparently gets some heat into the...
  23. trv75

FK8 Tyre Deflation System

Mine pinged today for the first time (700 miles old), I had just been driving it fairly hard so I was a bit anxious about it. Pulled over and everything seemed fine. I'd like to be able to monitor individual tire pressures. Fairly common on a lot of cars these days, bit disappointing its not on...
  24. trv75

FK8 Wind deflectors

Whoa steady on, i said middle aged...not old!! :D
  25. trv75

FK8 Wind deflectors

Bald middle aged bloke checking in also...
  26. trv75

FK8 Anyone know the history of this FK8 for sale at Newbury?

When I got mine a few weeks ago, salesman said they only do the GT model now. Stopped doing the standard model due to very low sales (god knows if this is correct or just dealer patter)
  27. trv75

FK8 Mud flaps?

Where did you get them for £30 out of interest? I did a little research and they all were £100+
  28. trv75

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

No i've not got much idea myself, been driving around in company lease cars for years so I usually don't care much. But thought since i've got something i actually like now, might be worth actually caring for it a bit. We'll see though as I have a feeling the costs relating to things like this...
  29. trv75

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

Pretty much what it says on the title, what are peoples thoughts on Nanolex coatings? anyone had it done. I'm thinking about going here and getting the 'Premier New Car Detail' package. I saw there was an old thread but thought it would be worth re-visiting ;)
  30. trv75

FK8 DAB Question

Yeah I've started using Android Auto mainly, but occasionally like a bit of radio. I wonder if you can play radio through android auto, I might look into that.
  31. trv75

FK8 DAB Question

Yeah exactly the same for me, the infotainment needs some work. I find it terrible
  32. trv75

Yeah, got a brand new one. I did look at second hand ones but the prices were top end and didn't seem worth it. I've just set up the Android Auto, seems pretty good so far. i'm not usually a fan of voice recognition stuff (alexa etc) but in the car it is handy.
  33. trv75

Cheers, I went for the Polished metal. Volume control is on the infotainment system. Didn't realise there was a volume knob option? On the subject of the infotainment system, can't say i'm impressed with it so far. very sluggish and overcomplicated. But maybe i'm just not used to it yet.
  34. trv75

Just picked up my FK8 yesterday, loving it so far. Quick question about folding wing mirrors, i kind of find the double push on door button a bit annoying (salesman showed me that technique). Is there a way to have wing mirrors automatically fold in when the car is locked? Cheers
Back