• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TonyBuon

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

Best colour....keep it safe, there's not many left of them ;)
  2. TonyBuon

finally back in a R

Gorgeous, well done
  3. TonyBuon

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

lutterworth by any chance?? Went school there many moons ago....
  4. TonyBuon

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

They are in Crewe (not too far from Stoke on Trent). Poor website but great knowledge - they used to be the only place to go for EP3's/FN2's years ago but now they've moved on to Porsche's and stuff. They aren't cheap but they are good / quality fitters. HONDA HQ are very good though and...
  5. TonyBuon

So, after fitting, I am pleased to say not really any louder (which I am surprised at). Also no warning light (as of yet). There is just a little bit of a lower growl but it’s absolutely fine and will for sure keep me in the dB limits of tracks. Next...remap from TPWengineering, booked in 26th...
  6. TonyBuon

Congrats [emoji3] Right first time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. TonyBuon

These bits being fitted today....can people guess where at by their parts wall? [emoji6] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. TonyBuon

Thanks matey, much appreciated
  9. TonyBuon

Booked in for a Piper Manifold and sports cat from ABP next month because my OEM cat is falling apart and the join between it and the Miltek is almost worn out. I can't find much about the Piper system and I know about the concerns come MOT time but given the OEM is like £2k, it seems to be the...
  10. TonyBuon

FN2 Piper manifold and sports cat

Hi, anyone got any experience of this set up? My OEM cat is about in bits and it’s like £2k for a replacement. I don’t want to mess around at MOT time so the piper seems to be the one of not many options but I can’t find much review wise on it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. TonyBuon

I had ferodo ds2500’s. I know there is better out there but for the power I have at the moment they are spot on. Handling wise I honestly don’t need anything better... tyres are good. it’s power I need now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. TonyBuon

Well, APs performed excellently! Could handle the car on the brakes if that makes sense? Still slow though aren’t they these cars...in the dry it’s a constant ‘pull over’. HOWEVER, in the wet the car is immense and nobody comes past whatever the machinery, it’s me that does the overtaking ...
  13. TonyBuon

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Stunning example. well done - makes me miss mine too! as someone said
  14. TonyBuon

FN2 Drive Shafts

Hi all, there's a lot of noise about drive shafts busting/rotting at the moment. I guess this is given the FN2 is getting old (and it sounds like the drive shafts are a poor design)? I see that Tegiwa offer "insane" drive shafts which sound like a good deal if future proofing in case of going...
  15. TonyBuon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. TonyBuon

Finally fitted!! Next track day in about a months time so will report back then. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. TonyBuon

Also done some replacing of badges over the Xmas hols Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. TonyBuon

;) I knew I'd be cussing myself if i'd got anything less. Once the moneys out of the account its forgotten about isn't it...as long as the misses never finds out! I did try with PBS pads, freakyparts, braided, ebc.....but in the end nothing is good enough.
  19. TonyBuon

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Just reading through this thread (very well written by the way, and you clearly know your stuff). Gutted for you and about the i30 as it too was a potential for me (replacing my daily not my track car) and i always thought Hyundai would be high quality - or am I getting them confused with Kias...
  20. TonyBuon

They’ve arrived. Fitting next week at Honda HQ along with spark plug change. Then first track test at Donnington on 18th Feb.
  21. TonyBuon

So, after much deliberation, trying braided lines, pbs pads, still struggling on track, looking at brembo options etc I’ve decided to take the plunge on these (with their Black Friday deal). I’m hoping to get them fitted before my next track day at Donny (14th Dec), so will feedback on how they...
  22. TonyBuon

Jakabi's FN2 (2011) Build

How much did the fd2 pump and clockwise sump cost you inc fitting? Do you really think it’s necessary? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  23. TonyBuon

my type r premier edition

Which rotors did you get from reyland? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. TonyBuon

FN2 Tegiwa silicone Intake pipe

Hi, Anyone had a nightmare with this - I can't get it to fit. In particular its the first little pipe off to the side that doesn't seem to want to marry up right. I've checked the pipes on line and its definitely the right one (as i thought they must have given me the EP3 one by mistake but...
  25. TonyBuon

Awesome thanks mate, I am at Donny late August and tried pbs etc but those APs do look like the business - I’ll be getting brake upgrade before Xmas this year and it’s between those and the K sport kit - if you recommend them after your track day that’s my decision made as I don’t mind paying...
  26. TonyBuon

Hey, have you tried your new brakes on track yet?? Really interested in hearing your feedback on them when you do (track wise).
  27. TonyBuon

Happy to join the Type-R owners!

So...any plans....any desires??
  28. TonyBuon

Loxy's Type R #6

Is she a keeper now then??
  29. TonyBuon

Thanks mate, yeah looks gorgeous when clean - has that shimmer like an EP3 nighthawk black Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  30. TonyBuon

FN2 Spoon Calipers for FN2 or Freakyparts Brembo kit

Thanks norv, they’re like a grand aren’t they? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  31. TonyBuon

Thanks, where did you source them from? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  32. TonyBuon

FN2 100 speed humps on my daily commute, is a CTR fn2 for me ?

Yup looks like its lowered on 30mm (def more than 15mm). And yeah, hate that front type R badge
  33. TonyBuon

Best message this month!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  34. TonyBuon

So, decided on fitting a new condenser myself after trying the relay “fix” with no success and getting quotes of around £300-£400 for a replacement fitted. Not sure if it is the condenser that’s my problem, will find out today but here’s some pics of the work and it only cost me about £80 (then...
  35. TonyBuon

Nice, but sooo expensive!?
  36. TonyBuon

FN2 100 speed humps on my daily commute, is a CTR fn2 for me ?

God no, I'm lowered 15mm, widened 15mm and I go out of my way to miss just 2 speed humps..... if it were 10 or more I would change car
  37. TonyBuon

FN2 Number plates - sticked or screwed?

Simple question :) Will sticky pads hold given the curve of our cars? Or do you guys recommend screws? Or screws for front and stickies for back is what I'm thinking? ....exciting question I know!
  38. TonyBuon

Actually....its perfect now! Louder than OEM but not silly loud. Spot on.
  39. TonyBuon

So....still not got the BBK source due to some "stock issues". Went with PBS pads, fitted 15mm spacers all round, had valve clearances, gearbox & clutch oil change by Honda HQ in Cannock (wow those boys are good!!). Also paid £100 to get the dinks out of 3 panels and had a service at Honda...
  40. TonyBuon

Thanks Chris, yes the RS conversion is the alternative FParts piece I'm looking at but I'd sooner have the Spoon "IF" they are better/as good as the RS and bigger disc set up (which i'm guessing they aren't).
  41. TonyBuon

FN2 RBC on an FN2

Did you get this done?
  42. TonyBuon

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Spoon calipers are a worthy upgrade for braking. I do the odd track day (maybe 5/6 a year) and even with braided lines and PBS pads the braking is the weak point on the car. I love the look of the spoon and I have a DSB FN2 so they would suit and I've also had a...
  43. TonyBuon

Kit with discs and was told I def need at least 15mm spacers Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  44. TonyBuon

Will let you know - I just bought a 9" resonator section and getting Mr Tyre to fit it! Not excited about it really but its the only option.
  45. TonyBuon

Well after a couple of unsuccessful track days with the redstuffs (that lasted about a lap!), I've decided upgrading pads isnt going to cut it and have purchased the BBK from freakyparts! Will let you know how it goes once fitted. I've also had enough of the loud miltek non resonated so I've...
  46. TonyBuon

FN2 Connects 2 Double Din connections

No probs at all matey - yes def worth you checking you have that patch lead done right. Also make sure you connect everything starting at the headunit 1st - again there’s a connects2 video that shows why that’s important and a common reason things go wrong if done incorrectly. Good luck! Sent...
  47. TonyBuon

NO don’t snip the purple one!!! Read the instructions - to me it looks like that’s the one to keep out of the 3 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  48. TonyBuon

Check the video on YouTube mate, it explains it all. That patch lead is a ‘generic’ lead meaning they supply it as part of a Honda Civic kit for ALL types of new headunit. Then we have to snip depending on what Headunit (HU) we have. Means they can send that one to everyone rather than having...
  49. TonyBuon

If you got the connects2 patch lead then you need to follow these instructions. Check on YouTube for “connects2 CTMULTILEAD”. But yeah as I read it you should snip 2 wires at the loop and then use the wire labelled ‘key1’ to connect to your HU Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  50. TonyBuon

You needed to snip 2 wires and use ‘key1’ wire to connect to your HU (you probs did that anyways!!), no idea otherwise mate. I have the diagram if you need it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  51. TonyBuon

Did you snip the wires on the patch lead to make it work for your kenwood?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  52. TonyBuon

Thanks - yes everything works perfectly including the steering wheel controls. Did you have a patch lead correctly set up for your new headunit? I’ve asked so many questions recently think it’s about time I tried to offer some advice haha! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  53. TonyBuon

Thanks all. For anyone interested or with the same queries as me above, I didn't do any snipping of wires and I didn't connect the speed pulse and reverse - everything works as expected. Now just need to figure out a way to hold the iphone with an active connection!?!
  54. TonyBuon

I'm getting there, just have a couple of questions for you experts out there! - On the antenna lead from connects2 there is a blue wire sticking out which I believe is for power. Do i have to connect this up? If so, I can see a wire labelled antenna power in the SONY harness that is connected...
  55. TonyBuon

Hi all, after putting it off for ages I'm going to attempt to install a double din. Purchased the Connects2 kit (inc patch cable etc). I have the links to the vids etc that show how to take the various trims off and stuff but wondered if there was any links that showed the "connections" part...
  56. TonyBuon

FN2 Any Double Dins with 2 USB ports for sub £500?

As the post says really. I'm looking for a double din unit from one of the big players that has 2 USB outputs (ideally on the back). As I want to keep a USB stick plugged into one and the other one to feed an iphone (for carplay). Can't seem to find one and I don't want to have to constantly...
  57. TonyBuon

No sorry pal, around derby way Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  58. TonyBuon

Hi Wilmo, no sorry, midlands based! Perhaps be at Japfest at Donnington (at least I think its there?), later in the year though.
  59. TonyBuon

Thanks mate, yes will definitely try that before big upgrade then
  60. TonyBuon

So, after the first track day for her I can safely say handling is absolutely spot on with what little I’ve done to her. Brakes was definitely the weak point though - probably could do about 4 laps before I noticed a big difference/fade with the red stuffs. So some sort of brake upgrade has to...
  61. TonyBuon

FN2 Front and Rear "H" badge replacement

Thanks for the idea, not really my style Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  62. TonyBuon

FN2 Front and Rear "H" badge replacement

Hi, I've been searching and I can find out that I need to take the front grill off in order to replace the "H" badge - but do I really need to do this, as it seems I also have to remove the bumper? Is there any easier ways recommended to replace the front (and rear) H badges - something I...
  63. TonyBuon

FN2 Double Dins - Still getting stolen i.e. do I need to get removable fascia?

OK great, thanks for the advice ;)
  64. TonyBuon

FN2 Double Dins - Still getting stolen i.e. do I need to get removable fascia?

Hi, just wondered, looking to upgrade to double din but there doesn't seem to be many out there with removable fascias anymore. What do you guys think - is it recommended or do I no longer need to worry much about it. Key things i'm looking for: Apple Carplay USB (ideally dual, but seems rare)...
  65. TonyBuon

About a week into having the recent mods fitted. What can I say, ABP have totally transformed the car - Handling - eibach 15mm + Whiteline rear ARB + new front shocks + FRSU = handles flat, I don't notice it being that much comfier but then I never really complained at the harshness before...
  66. TonyBuon

I did think that was a possibility but I also thought that it had already had some fettling from previous owner because of how it handled and it had nothing - ie no suspension, no FRSU etc etc, can't imagine they'd go for an LSD if they hadn't done anything else you know? I have 2 mates that...
  67. TonyBuon

Wow, it feels amazing now, and the icing on the cake is the boys at ABP checked if I had an LSD and confirm that it did - reg March 2010 build which seems to go against what you read on the internet!! (April). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  68. TonyBuon

Dropping near 2k on her today! :(...but also "yay" New rear discs Performance pads all round Goodridge lines Race brake fluid change New Sachs Front shocks Eibach 15mm lowering kit Full FRSU Whiteline adjustable rear ARB Replace rear sticking caliper Currently sitting in ABP Crewe being plied...
  69. TonyBuon

That's what I'd heard, but I've also heard March. Having work done at ABP next week so I'll ask them to check (think you can do some sort of 'hold one wheel, spin another' type test to see)
  70. TonyBuon

Of course! sorry - - March 2010 (has it got an LSD or did I just miss out? - I see different things from different people) - it seems to pull round roundabouts better than my EP3 did, guess I will know for sure on first track day! - 70k - 2 previous owners - Got it from Leeds (and I'm from the...
  71. TonyBuon

What should I put on here? - Pretty much standard except for non res miltek and then lots planned for next week (see above post). Then the usual upkeep - needs new badges all round as they've worn out, wheel refurb etc. Got 1st track day for it at the end of Feb so hoping to get most things...
  72. TonyBuon

See a few posts earlier matey [emoji6] lots happening next week. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  73. TonyBuon

Hi mate, no midlands actually Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  74. TonyBuon

Nothing too major (no engine modification...yet). But in immediate plan: - Miltek non resonated already fitted after purchase - Performance pads front and back, Goodridge hoses and motul race fluid - booked in next week - FRSU - booked in next week - Eibach 15mm progressive springs - booked in...
  75. TonyBuon

Maybe due to the colour being rare do you think i might claw back some of the £'s from the mods I'm going to do to it when it comes to resale time?.............nah, didn't think so :D
  76. TonyBuon

Brilliant, sorted, thanks (ironic I am the lead for IT for McVities in UK and I can't even sort this myself....age I guess ;))
  77. TonyBuon

@Chris, many thanks for getting the pic up - could you tell me what you edited out or in in order to make it work?
  78. TonyBuon

Thanks yeah it was the deciding factor for me as you hear all the negative press re EP3 to FN2 - but honestly not sure what all the fuss is about - the main thing about these cars for me is that scream!
  79. TonyBuon

(Sorry - any ideas what I'm doing wrong in trying to get a picture up?)
  80. TonyBuon

Hi all, Finally back in a K20 after selling my beloved EP3 6 years ago. It was the car id kept the longest and only sold it due to a job change....now I'm a bit older I can get one as just a hobby car so I've gone for an FN2 CTR in blue - love it so far #nevergettingold
Back