• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Kev S

What did you do to your Type R today?

I bought some Rock Guards from zL1addons.(USA) Pleased with them and they too are nice and subtle. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  2. Kev S

Had my front grille done at last, and also the fuel pump impeller, window rubbers and glossy trims replaced under warranty.:o
  3. Kev S

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

I had the door, footwell and sill light kits done when I ordered mine. Very happy with them apart from the door leds could be a tad brighter. I justified the cost as I managed to blag £1500 off list price. :cool:
  4. Kev S

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Proof that they are a sensible family car....[emoji106][emoji51][emoji1787] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  5. Kev S

:D:) Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk:)
  6. Kev S

Very nice them Fan...:cool: I wouldn't be parking anywhere near kerbs with those bad boys on...there would be tears if you dinked one.. :(
  7. Kev S

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Happy Friday to you too Fan. I would probably try the warranty route first. Could be a failed seal, split pipe etc... Has it been a gradual failing or all of a sudden?
  8. Kev S

FK8 Mud flaps?

Here you go mate... [emoji106][emoji4] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  9. Kev S

FK8 Mud flaps?

Redcap. Yes they are the OEM Rallye Red ones from Honda. I couldn't justify the price of the JDM ones in case I didn't like them. [emoji846] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  10. Kev S

FK8 Mud flaps?

I fitted these to mine... had to trim the front ones slightly. https://zl1addons.com/collections/honda-civic-rock-guards/products/civic-17-19-type-r-deluxe-rock-guards Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  11. Kev S

Was it an easy job Mick? Driving home tonight I tooted my mate and I forgot how embarrassing the standard horn sounds...[emoji1782] [emoji23] may be doing an upgrade soon.. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  12. Kev S

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Fan. The bleed nipple on top of the caliper.
  13. Kev S

Aren't those rusty nipples v annoying.:(..looked at mine this morning and my OCD kicked in - I need to change them.
  14. Kev S

Fan... I fitted them as I thought it needed something to break the CW up a bit. Gotta do something red on the back end now to balance it up....maybe some red wing tips. [emoji848] [emoji51] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  15. Kev S

Gave my baby a bit of tlc today. Washed dried, full body clay and then a ceramic re-gen.... a good 5 hours well spent. [emoji41] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  16. Kev S

Me too....ordered friday and delivered this morning. Excellent service ECP...:)
  17. Kev S

Fan...from Dream mate. Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  18. Kev S

Hi Paul. A bit fiddly and a couple of hours taking it steady. Biggest worry was trying not to break any plastic or clips. The new gaiter is quite a tight fit and needed a bit of 'persuasion'.. [emoji51] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  19. Kev S

Got around to fitting this today. I think it looks a lot better than the OEM one. [emoji41] Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  20. Kev S

You are obviously driving it as it was meant to be driven...:D With the traction control working overtime the wear rate on the rear pads is quite poor compared to the front pads.
  21. Kev S

The one I use is called a 'regen' spray which tops up the ceramic coat. I think that is the best way to explain it... Apply to damp panels one at a time and wipe until dry and a buff with a microfibre cloth. Sooo much easier than wax or polish.
  22. Kev S

Ceramic coating does make a lot of difference as you probably already know... No more waxing.. just a maintenance ceramic coat every 2 or 3 washes. :cool:
  23. Kev S

My lad bought me an alcantara gear stick gaiter for my birthday. :cool: I have just Googled how to fit one..:eek:. guess that is on tomorrow's job list and fingers crossed I dont break anything... Maybe I will ask for a sticker for next year...:lol:
  24. Kev S

Paul. They are very good so far...tried pushing it a bit harder on a couple of tight bends and roundabouts (purely for research purposes...:lol: )and it feels a little more sure footed than the contis ..... although there is a bit more road noise I think. (Hopefully there is nothing else...
  25. Kev S

Spills..:confused:. you eat and drink in yours...:eek:
  26. Kev S

Got 2 PS4S's fitted today... 11300 miles on the Contis and still had a couple of thousand in them I reckon except for the inner wall which has gone through to the 2nd layer of rubber. Obviously driving too conservatively... but in my defence I do quite a few motorway miles on my daily commute...
  27. Kev S

FK8 New Owner

Some dry weather wouldn't go a miss so you can go out and have a proper play.... :twisted: 15 months in and I still have a huge grin on my face when driving mine. :D Hope you're prepared for the attention it will attract... :cool:
  28. Kev S

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

No....don't do it Keith.....:eek: you know you'll regret it. House improvements can always wait....:)
  29. Kev S

I think I may have just let out a bit of 'sex wee'.....:lol:
  30. Kev S

Dutchy's 2005 Cosmic EP3

Looking lovely Adam...:cool:. Hopefully the weather gods will be kind to us on the 8th... :smt038:smt038
  31. Kev S

FK8 Front tyres - only 6k and done?!

Done nearly 9k on OEM Conti's...showing a little more wear on the inside as most others have. May go for PS4's next and see how they compare. I think I would rather pay a little more and have my dealer change my tyres as I know they will be careful and it isn't a novelty having an R in the...
  32. Kev S

Yep agree with that.... :)
  33. Kev S

FK8 Roadside reactions

Going through the gates at work the security guys always say hugely positive things about mine... and when stuck in traffic random people wind their windows down and have a chat saying how awesome the car looks/is. I have only had one guy say he didn't like it but he is a prize �� ��.
  34. Kev S

:cool:
  35. Kev S

FK8 The steering wheel holds dips!

Nooooooo waaayyyyy :( (and what MattFK8 said.)
  36. Kev S

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

They seem to be OK but now I know of the potential rust/cracking problem I will be keeping a close eye on it.
  37. Kev S

FK8 Paint cracking & rust rear quarters

I wonder when Honda found out about this... mine is a Nov 18 build and has a small strip welded on that seam.
  38. Kev S

FK8 Braided Brake Lines.?

Having used them in previous cars I prefer them as the pedal feel is a little better. To be honest (IMHO) I think they should be fitted as standard to the R.
  39. Kev S

FK8 Braided Brake Lines.?

Looking to upgrade to braided lines....Initial thoughts were BFG as they always seem to have a good reputation and I fitted them to my BM's years ago. Any suggestions or recommendations other than the above welcome. Thanks in advance... :D
  40. Kev S

FK8 FK8 ordered

Agreed ... proper pain in the 'arris. But still the best colour...:lol:
  41. Kev S

FK8 FK8 ordered

Congrats. ...as said by others, CW is the best colour
  42. Kev S

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Yes mate. Did you have fun...daft question I suppose..:o
  43. Kev S

FK8 Goodwood FoS...

Got home from work earlier and the honda dealership called.... The salesman who sold me my car offered me a free ticket for the FoS on Thursday. Nice gesture I thought and then he mentioned that I could take the demonstrator R out for a ragging on the Goodwood hill climb track :eek: :cool: 2...
  44. Kev S

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Hi Mate. Please can I order a set of clear covers for a FK8?
  45. Kev S

FK8 Rear fender inserts

Mine is getting clear PPF on those next month along with some other bits. Hopefully it will alleviate some of the damage caused by gravel rash...:)
  46. Kev S

FK8 Mud flaps?

They do look the part and probably (hopefully!?) save the sills and arches from the lions share of gravel rash...:smt041 Still can't decide which colour but I am favouring black with white writing...:D
  47. Kev S

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

I am paying £260 for wheels and calipers. (I will post results and phots at some point.) I dont think the appearance will differ much right now as the car is new but as said before, because the brake dust will cling less, cleaning will be much easier and hopefully the 'new look' will last a lot...
  48. Kev S

FK8 Mud flaps?

There is a thread on here somewhere showing some .... quite a nice set and i think they were imported from the U S. Looking to maybe getting some myself to try to alleviate some stone chip damage....
  49. Kev S

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

I have mine booked in tomorrow for the wheels and calipers to be done in Ceramic Pro... will be interesting to see how much difference it actually makes.
Back