• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. BazEP3

EP3 EP3 dash removal

Sorry to hear about your income dropping, my income is way below the average amount for the job I do, so I feel your pain! There's so much I want to do with the car! I will certainly have to try a coolant change for starters. Today it snowed on higher ground so it's far from ideal. I'm insured...
  2. BazEP3

EP3 EP3 dash removal

Did you do this in the end Vikta? My heater is useless! I was considering replacing my heater core too. I was also wondering if doing a thorough water coolant change would help at all.
  3. BazEP3

EP3 EP3 not warming up all the way?

Mine is the same, the dial never goes very high. For more accurate readings I use a Bluetooth OBD2 reader paired with an app on my phone called Torque, I would recommend it. I've noticed when the water temperature gets to 100°c the radiator fan will kick in. My heater only ever gets lukewarm...
  4. BazEP3

N77's 30th ANNIVERSARY EP3 TYPE R

Just read through this post and the time and effort you have put in to this car is an inspiration to me. I hope one day I can get my 30th as clean as yours.
  5. BazEP3

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Looks a quality item Flashy, quite tempted by a strut brace myself.
  6. BazEP3

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

Ok from what I just found out apparently there are bonnet rubber height adjusters located above the headlights which can be wound down. Otherwise check the bumper and front scuttle panel thing is sitting right, hope this helps as I've not had to do it before.
  7. BazEP3

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

You can adjust it to make the gap smaller. I remember reading it somewhere before. Hopefully someone here can shed some light on the method?
  8. BazEP3

I've found my unicorn!

Looks great, that's so clean!
  9. BazEP3

EP3 Help with number plate issue please!

Where there's a will, there's a way :D
  10. BazEP3

EP3 BazEP3's 30th Anniversary Edition EP3

Really happy with how it turned out, it's much nicer and smoother than my door handle inserts. I have a new 12v lighter socket to go in as the old one broke and had seen better days anyway. Unfortunately the one I ordered off eBay which was supposed to fit, doesn't fit the hole. I shall be...
  11. BazEP3

So you might be wondering why I wanted the gear knob off anyway, well I shall let the following photos explain
  12. BazEP3

Could have been much more serious, it could have caused an accident or even worse, hope they got caught soon mate
  13. BazEP3

Total scum what's wrong with these people, they're not right in the head!
  14. BazEP3

EP3, Diamond in the rough????

Nice work on the car, looks like it's in good hands with you! A previous owner fitted a K&N Typhoon kit to my EP3 with a cold air feed from the bumper. I have been considering making a heat shield for mine, so would be interested to see if you do.
  15. BazEP3

Dream car at 18

Looks tidy, same colour wheels as mine, anthracite I believe, enjoy!
  16. BazEP3

EP3 Changed spark plugs today

Thanks mate, have you had yours long? I see you have a silver one too :)
  17. BazEP3

Certainly worth a go for a tenner! Mine was pretty bad after I manhandled it off, think it was on with locktite or something along those lines. Be mindful it gets a bit hot when sanding on higher speeds, all the best with it, hope it goes well.
  18. BazEP3

EP3 Changed spark plugs today

That's one job I've been meaning to do for a while.
  19. BazEP3

I then moved on to 80 grade, before following it up with the wet and dry. I worked through from 120 grade, to 400 grade, to 800 grade and finished on 1200 grade. After this I polished it with Autosol metal polish. Here's how it turned out, I'm really happy with the results [/URL][/IMG]
  20. BazEP3

So, whilst trying to take my gear knob off (which was locked on stupid tight) I managed to scratch it real bad! This meant I had to get the deep scratch's out. I mounted it on my drill on a length of 8mm threaded bar my neighbour gave me to try and sand it all out. I started with 40 grade to get...
  21. BazEP3

For anyone changing theirs it's dead easy, just match the airflow shown on the filter to the airflow shown on the holder [/URL][/IMG]
  22. BazEP3

Out with the old in with the new [/URL][/IMG]
  23. BazEP3

I gave the pollen filters a much needed change, I was shocked at how grim the old ones were! Plus one was in backwards [/URL][/IMG]
  24. BazEP3

EP3 Premier Edition Seats

Same on my 30th, bit of a faff but worth it for how comfy the Recaro's are
  25. BazEP3

Well oiled and clean! [/URL][/IMG]
  26. BazEP3

Left to dry for hours to make sure it was bone dry before oiling up [/URL][/IMG]
  27. BazEP3

Before cleaning [/URL][/IMG]
  28. BazEP3

I've been a bit quiet on here lately as I have moved house and been on holiday for two weeks in May. On the Bank holiday Monday just gone I had the chance to give my K&N filter a much needed clean and oil with the recharger kit I bought a while ago. It was on the car when I bought it and I have...
  29. BazEP3

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Nice job Mike, I did wonder what the two missing bulbs were when I did my cluster with just normal bulbs (still need to do heater bulbs, buttons etc). Good to know nothing should be there
  30. BazEP3

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

That was a good read, all the best with the car, enjoy it ☺️
  31. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  32. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  33. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  34. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  35. BazEP3

I took the car for its first long drive last weekend to my mother in law's near Manchester. It's about a 300 mile round trip. I was so happy with how it had been performing. I finally got past the endless fifty zones and speed traps on the motorway going home, so at last got the chance to get my...
  36. BazEP3

Spent a bit of time yesterday evening and this evening going over the whole car with T Cut Scratch Remover and adding a good coat of wax. It's put a lovely shine on it. It hasn't removed the surface scratches as such, but it has certainly disguised them somewhat as she has a few battle scars...
  37. BazEP3

Thanks TomCat I think I will have to get round to removing that driveshaft heat shield then as I don't use it on trackdays or anything so I can't imagine it getting hot enough to need it. New number plates sound good Flashy, I keep getting tempted by pressed metal plates, I have had them in the...
  38. BazEP3

Does it only make the noise when going along or do you get it when stationary too? Mine occasionally makes an annoying noise when going along, which I found to be the driveshaft heatshield after getting under the car and poking it. I'm in two minds whether to remove it or not though. It doesn't...
  39. BazEP3

My door handle trims were looking very tired and the silver paint was flaking away. It was something I noticed each time I got in the car. I popped them out yesterday evening to give them a makeover. I sanded them back with 400 grit wet and dry. Next I gave them each 4 coats of primer, 2 coats...
  40. BazEP3

EP3 Retiring my EP3 (195K) - Scrap yard?

It would be a shame to scrap it. I was going to scrap my last car. I ended up listing it on eBay for three days on a no reserve auction, with an honest description. I made a lot more than I would have for scrap.
  41. BazEP3

For anyone interested here is its R number [/URL][/IMG]
  42. BazEP3

Ah spot on, thanks Flashy, I shall get one of those ordered. It was a bit of a learning curve as I'm a bit of a have a go hero, and tight when it comes to spending, so I try and do everything I can myself. Next time round should certainly be easier now that I have my head around it.
  43. BazEP3

Not going to lie it was a nightmare, I shall definitely be getting a proper tool that clamps over the end of the filter and ratchets off for the next time. On another note what a place to put the thing! I don't love the car any less for it though. Still puts a smile on my face every time I drive...
  44. BazEP3

I also ordered a K&N recharge kit from Demon Tweeks to give the filter a good clean and oil as I have no idea how many miles it has been on for. I just need a nice sunny day now so I can let it dry naturally before I oil it. [/URL][/IMG]
  45. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  46. BazEP3

[/URL][/IMG]
  47. BazEP3

I finally had chance to do my oil and filter change. It was tough as I didn't have the correct tool to undo the oil filter. It appeared that it had been put on by Popeye after he had ate at least ten tins of spinach. I only had a chain tool and a strap and ratchet. The chain just damaged the...
  48. BazEP3

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

It's worked really well!
  49. BazEP3

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

I will be interested to see how it goes too, it will certainly be nice for this rain to stop. Personally I can't wait for the longer evenings.
  50. BazEP3

Spot the difference, old pad versus new one
  51. BazEP3

Took the opportunity on Saturday to sort the rear brakes before the bad weather hit. Thought it would take a couple of hours tops, but it ended up taking six hours as I encountered a few problems on the way. Problems such as the piston refusing to wind back in on the nearside. Then the wheel...
  52. BazEP3

Looking good in the sun
  53. BazEP3

After that I decided I really should make a start on cleaning up the engine bay
  54. BazEP3

Been a beautiful day so I decided to get the Osram sidelights fitted this morning
  55. BazEP3

Quick update: I have ordered a pair of rear Brembo solid discs, rear Brembo pads and a caliper piston rewind tool kit. Also I had some Osram Cool Blue sidelights arrive on Friday. Which should result in whiter looking lights, the current sidelights are proper yellow. So now I have got a few jobs...
  56. BazEP3

Ahhh I'm on the same page as you now. I'm still not great at spotting sarcasm on forums as it turns out then. It's a terrible situation for all the workers there, and all the supporting businesses that will take a hit. So many great cars have been built there.
  57. BazEP3

I certainly want to preserve this one. Hate the thought of so many of these gone already. Plus I still have two years to pay it off lol so it's an investment for me. Didn't know they were building a museum. I shall definitely be going there when it's built as Swindon isn't far from me. Such a...
  58. BazEP3

Thanks buddy, yeah the previous owner had it for about a year so that sounds right. I really need to get an oil change done on it next for my piece of mind. Also could do with new discs and pads on the back.
  59. BazEP3

As promised here's some photos of the interior
  60. BazEP3

Decided to have a tinker tonight and find out what speakers were fitted. It has a tasty Sony headunit and I noticed the back speakers sounded nicer than the fronts. Popped the grills off in the back and found some Infinity Kappa speakers, which was a result. After a lot of patience I prized the...
  61. BazEP3

I got the dials out last night and replaced all 9 bulbs, as one of the bulbs had blown and all the dial lights were really dull. Also I put some flat style wiper blades on the front as the ones on there had seen better days
  62. BazEP3

Thanks mate, I'm loving it. I remember seeing an EP3 Type R when they first came out. I just stared at it, taking it all in and said "one day I will own one". I used to have a Samba Green d16z6 Honda Del Sol and it was a sorry day when that got sold. I went from that to a 1.4 Peugeot 306, then a...
  63. BazEP3

That's some tough luck getting the wrong size, hope you get it sorted mate
  64. BazEP3

Lol fair play I bet it's great fun on the track though. That's interesting that there's more to them than meets the eye. I thought it was just the seats, red carpet, tints etc
  65. BazEP3

Sure is, it has a K&N Typhoon kit on it. From what I have read on here they suffer with heatsoak, so it's just as well it's fitted with it lol! Was thinking of maybe putting a heat shield around it too. Shall have to get some photos of the engine bay up at some point.
  66. BazEP3

Some more photos after a bit of a clean today Pictures of the interior to follow
  67. BazEP3

Went with photobucket in the end. Here it is
  68. BazEP3

Where do you upload your photos too, to share from. I used to use PhotoBucket but it's rubbish now and full of ads.
  69. BazEP3

That's an awesome photo with the NSX by it! I picked mine up for £2500 as it's a little rough around the edges on the exterior but it drives absolutely lovely, it's had loads spent on it over the years though, looking at its history. He paid £3500 for it a year ago.
  70. BazEP3

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum. Last weekend my dream came true as I purchased an EP3 Civic Type R, after years and years of waiting! After a lot of searching I found something a bit special and very rare. A Satin Silver 30th Anniversary Edition. From what I found out they only made 300. 100...
Back