• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Tanny

EP3 5.3 final drive too short for supercharger?

Mebz sorry for the late reply man. Not logged in ages. That’s great to hear. Your car sounds well set up and must be epic to drive. It’d be great to meet up one summer day when this rain clears up. All the best mate
  2. Tanny

Mebz you’re from my hometown right? I can’t believe we haven’t crossed paths yet! So you don’t have any traction issues or go through the gears too quick to take advantage of the torque from the charger?
  3. Tanny

Hi all, I currently have a Spoon 5.3 final drive in my EP3 and want boost. Will I have to pull it out and replace with a stock / lower final drive as it'll be too short and traction may suffer? I was aiming for 300bhp through a Rotrex topmount supercharger and the car is a weekend road toy so...
  4. Tanny

EP3 Changing the final drive ratio

Late to the party and definitely a thread necro but this may help someone who's looking to do the same. With a Spoon 5.3 final drive in my EP3 (stock bar intake and catback) the acceleration and engine response is a big improvement over stock. Downside is more gear changes to get up to speed and...
  5. Tanny

FN2 Piper manifold and sports cat

Some people are using a tri-y style like the K-Sport manifold and bolting a cat in place of the modular decat it comes with.
  6. Tanny

4-2-1 manifold with a cat instead of flexi?

Any updates byRazh?
  7. Tanny

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

What will you replace it with? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Tanny

How come? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Tanny

Awesome. Great stuff man. What catback exhaust do you have? Will you running a cat with it? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Tanny

I’ve always been a fan of the tri-y design. As I say in a B18C powered EG hatch I saw very noticeable gains throughout the rev range and the sound was very different to your average Honda. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Tanny

Excellent thanks man. You may convince me to get a K-Tuned! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Tanny

Sounds good Razh. Let us know how you get on. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. Tanny

It’d be nice to see one in person before spending the money. I know the American ones aren’t as bad as people make them out to be as I’ve bought one before but I imagine it does vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Tanny

On a side note I was sure I’d heard K-Tuned quality was also questionable. Found this today: https://www.8thcivic.com/threads/k-tuned-header-quality-check.527713/ Maybe I will stick with PLM! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. Tanny

Ok got you. I’m unsure which one to go for myself. Just want the fitment to be good. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Tanny

Exactly the same situation I’m in. I don’t want to lose the cat. If the 1320 cat fits the K-Tuned manifold then that’d be awesome. Isn’t the K-Tuned also a Tri-Y and more or less the same as the 1320 header? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Tanny

I've been contemplating this as it is a Tri-Y design which delivers good midrange from past experience on a B18C engine, but mainly because there is the option of a high flow sports cat...
  18. Tanny

K100 remap, what's the minimum I should do?

I have but not had a chance to drive the car much since. Does a 2.5” b-pipe make much difference? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Tanny

M2 intake manifold for ep3

I’m a little nervous of the 5.3 FD if I’m honest. Don’t know what to expect. I’m hoping it improves acceleration it doesn’t sit at high noisy revs when trying to cruise. Although I’ve heard I can pootle around in 4th / 5th at low street speeds with the shorter gearing. Hopefully it’s not too...
  20. Tanny

Aah awesome. I’m having a Spoon 5.3 final drive fitted and a fast road setup being done at same time. The FD will not be great for Rotrex as it’ll go through gears too quickly? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  21. Tanny

Well I’m having a Quaife ATB and new OEM clutch installed tomorrow along with a 2.5” catback. The car will have a decent base then! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  22. Tanny

Norv thank you very much for taking the time to write that up. You see I’m torn between keeping the EP3 and supercharging it one day or simply selling and buying an Mazda 3 MPS or Focus ST and turning the boost up. I know nothing will drive like a sharp and raw EP3 Sent from my iPhone using...
  23. Tanny

@norv any review write ups on the Rotrex? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  24. Tanny

PLM and other tri-y style exhaust manifolds

Also seen the 1320 tri-y. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Tanny

Good input guys. Congrats Norv. Good results. Now I’ve actually read the stock intake manifold performs the best on a street car as you lose low-mid range torque with larger plenums and gain in higher rpms. Is this correct? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  26. Tanny

Upgrade from 2.5" to 3"?

Yeh the PLM are a copy. I believe HyTech made the first Tri-Y, then Kidd Racing who PLM copied. Which means K-Tuned has copied someone too! Unless their design is unique. I’m tempted by the sports cat option Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  27. Tanny

Upgrade from 2.5" to 3"?

That’s a good combination of parts. I too am interested in the K-Tuned, PLM or Skunk2 Tri-Y style manifolds. How will you be running a cat? Welded in with the exhaust? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  28. Tanny

Upgrade from 2.5" to 3"?

Much better things to spend that money on. What other mods does your car have?
  29. Tanny

PLM and other tri-y style exhaust manifolds

Hi all. On my brothers old B18C EG we installed a tri-y 4-2-2-1 manifold and coupled with a Skunk2 Megapower exhaust the car was noticeabley more power throughout the rev range and sounded unlike any other Honda. I've since wanted one on my EP3 and have seen PLM, K-Tuned and various other...
  30. Tanny

Do these perform better than the RBC / RRC?
  31. Tanny

Ep3 air intake

I've had the Injen on my car for over 6 months and have had nothing but bad weather in the UK. Flooding, standing water, puddles and heavy rain. No issues whatsoever. I feel you just have to use some common sense in the rain. Do not drive through a nearside puddle which will submerge the filter...
  32. Tanny

AEM or Tegiwa

I have the Injen 3" with built-in velocity stack. As time has gone by the car has definitely adapted to it and now has improved throttle response, pulls noticeably harder in VTEC and sounds deep, loud and aggressive. But this is the best bit, pootle around and it is silent. Floor it and has a...
  33. Tanny

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

Does the brace make much difference to the handling?
  34. Tanny

5.1 vs 5.3 final drive - road car (no motorways)

A mate of mine has bought a 5.3 final drive for his car - will see what his is like soon!
  35. Tanny

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

Mine has some surface rust. What is the purpose of this brace? Also do you know if JDM EP3's come with difference bracing to the EUDM? Thanks
  36. Tanny

What was your car like after you had the 5.3 FD fitted Simon?
  37. Tanny

Haha! Indeed it is. Top end. Thank you man. That’s very nice of you. My car has been SORN for a few months as I drive my diesel Golf to work. I got fed up of of putting wasteful miles on the EP3. I don’t think I’ve seen your car around. What are you having done at Grinspeed?
  38. Tanny

I’m in Accrington.
  39. Tanny

I am indeed. Wanted to get all the bits ready and do it in one go. FRSU too.
  40. Tanny

You're very kind but I live miles away in Lancashire! Thank you though. Who knows. Maybe one day there'll be a meet up and we can meet. I have a Quaife to put in soon so wanted to up the performance whilst box open. Does it feel torquier?
  41. Tanny

I have an idea - I could either get the 5.1 FD and a JDM shorter 4th gear... or get a 5.3 FD and a longer 6th!
  42. Tanny

Spoon 5.3 vs Mfactory 5.46 final drive in FN2 gearbox

Hi guys sorry to revive such an old thread but was wondering if the Spoon 5.3 is fine for non motorway use. Will it still be annoyingly short on A-roads and B-roads?
  43. Tanny

Hi Mebz. Good man! No half measures here I see! 5.8 must be savage on the roads. How would you describe the change?
  44. Tanny

Hi Simon - this is great to hear. My old EK4 sat at exactly 4000rpm in 5th at 70mph, and I used that daily on the motorway for 5+ years (stock gearing!). Ok now that I've found someone who actually runs a 5.3 FD how would you describe this addition? Is it worth doing on an otherwise stock car...
  45. Tanny

Hi all, As title really. I've searched and cannot find an answer even though there are numerous final drive threads already. Hopefully this will be a useful reference for others in the same boat as me. So my EP3 is a purely road car and will be used at weekends only for short A road and B...
  46. Tanny

K100 with Civic Cup Map

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the responses guys. I believe the Cup cars only have a few bolt ons but they are ‘restricted’ to 230ish bhp.
  47. Tanny

Ep3 exhaust options

Will be good to see and hear it. Where you booked it?
  48. Tanny

Ep3 exhaust options

Flashy just get a Tegiwa catback. Meant to be quiet but free flowing.
  49. Tanny

Ep3 exhaust options

@cr54wds Is this very loud? I was thinking of a full Tegiwa engine back but the noise from a decat exhaust concerns me
  50. Tanny

What diameter is the internal pipe in that baffle? I thought as long as it was a reasonable diameter tube then the baffle design wouldn’t matter so much. Or will it affect flow?
  51. Tanny

@Flashy. What exhaust do you have? Full OEM engine back? Indeed it seems the exhaust is more restrictive on the K20 cars than I initially thought.
  52. Tanny

Excellent will definitely do mine soon. Been meaning to have them done even though the cars only on 67k miles now.
  53. Tanny

So does it pull harder up top now? You said it fell flat and didn’t make past 200bhp in higher revs. I should check my clearances too. Will have to wait for a nice day. How difficult was it?
  54. Tanny

Good work Flashy. Did you get your car mapped again?
  55. Tanny

No idea man unless someone else with a stock cat and exhaust can try the same.
  56. Tanny

C30 rotrex supercharged or the usual bolts&mods?

Even with a longer 6th?
  57. Tanny

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

How did you drop it?
  58. Tanny

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

Looking forward to fitting this. Also bought some new genuine Honda bearings to go with it. I’ll pick up and OEM clutch and have that fitted at same time. Tempted to get a 5.1 FD and longer 6th gear (I do lots of motorway driving)
  59. Tanny

C30 rotrex supercharged or the usual bolts&mods?

Final drive and an LSD will transform the car on the road from what I keep hearing. Perhaps that should be the next consideration rather than more power.
  60. Tanny

EP3 stainless OEM style 2.5" exhaust found - opinions?

Yeh that makes sense. Low noise levels are the most important thing to me to be honest and also something that looks OEM
  61. Tanny

Oem cat replacement ep3

Look at Magnaflow. I had their catback on my Jordan. Very high quality. They make sports cats of different cell ranges.
  62. Tanny

Thanks guys. With FI I thought I’d go for a 3” exhaust which right now would be overkill and perhaps quite loud. Also didn’t know if it’d bolt onto a stock car. I suppose for my moderate daily driven requirements I’d be happy with 300bhp and a 2.5” exhaust would be sufficient
  63. Tanny

K100 with Civic Cup Map

Chaps does anyone have any experience of the Civic Cup map? Tempted to get a K100 which comes pre-loaded with this map. Is it usable on a daily driver with decent gains? The car will have a CAI and a catback. Stock cat and manifold. Thanks
  64. Tanny

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352671895068 Sportex silenced 2.5” system. OEM look. What do you guys think? I don’t mind it’s mild steel as it’s a temporary addition until a decide if I want to go FI or not.
  65. Tanny

Try Cataclean - my friend used it and said it worked. I don’t have any first hand experience of it though. Worst case scenario buy a Magnaflow sports cat. They’re not too expensive and will still be quiet whilst freeing up some power.
  66. Tanny

Ecu mapping

Duck what mods do you have on the car? Any closer to the map? I’m debating whether I should bite the bullet
  67. Tanny

Hmm. Check what Hazz has mentioned. Is your cat ok? Also obvious things like plugs and fuel filter. How much peak did it make?
  68. Tanny

This is true ^ some places are a bunch of over-priced cowboys. Hopefully Flashy drives home happy!
  69. Tanny

DMS have a good reputation so I'm sure you'll be happy with the outcome. As long as it's quicker and drives better then peak BHP figures do not mean much.
  70. Tanny

Who is mapping it by the way? Really looking forward to the review.
  71. Tanny

Excellent news. Did the car drive better after the chain was replaced?
  72. Tanny

EP3 Rust! Anybody no? Rust

Sunlight yellow would look good. had a Civic Jordan for many years
  73. Tanny

Let us know how the mapping goes
  74. Tanny

Hey mate I checked out that spring kit and it's listed for thr 1.4 and 1.6 Civic.
  75. Tanny

Andy's NHB FN2 GT

How is the Alfa to drive mate? I've always been a fan of Alfa Romeo's but scared of the reliability. They do look to be made with passion which many cars are missing nowadays.
  76. Tanny

Xenon not working...

You could replace your whole Xenon / HID kit with a new one for not much money. Sometimes better to do this than spend money on used ballasts.
  77. Tanny

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

Will do man. Thanks
  78. Tanny

EP3 Vibration around 2500rpm

Nice. How long has that been on there? How does it sound?
  79. Tanny

EP3 Rust! Anybody no? Rust

Sadly UK roads and grit salt will do this to our cars - makes me angry :(
  80. Tanny

EP3 Vibration around 2500rpm

What will you change it to? Keeping OEM?
  81. Tanny

EP3 2019 forced induction choices

Nice. One of my considerations is to keep the car as quiet, legal and stock looking as possible so wanted to keep a stock header with cat. Also as it's a daily driver coilovers and heavy clutch will kill me. This is why I'm swaying towards a Stage 1 rotrex, or piece together a 'mild' streetable...
  82. Tanny

Hi Tom I’ll definitely have a look. Due to budget constraints I was looking at the non-intercooled version although common sense tells me forced induction should always have the charge cooled. The basic TTS kit is about £3k. I’m sure I could piece together a turbo kit for that much. Sidewinder...
  83. Tanny

Thanks all for your replies. They’re massively appreciated. It’s always good to hear of first hand experiences and genuine reviews of a product and setup. I would go for turbo if money was no object. Sadly it is currently. I’m swaying towards a non-intercooled rotrex to be honest as that...
  84. Tanny

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

It seems to change gear fine at all revs to be honest. And no crunches or other funny business
  85. Tanny

Topped oil up and the dipstick stunk of petrol

Glad it was something simple!
  86. Tanny

Yes this does look to be what I’m looking for in an exhaust.
  87. Tanny

I'll have a look. The main thing is it needs to be quiet and have no rasp! Thanks man
  88. Tanny

Sports cat with OEM cat back - noisy?

Most of them do faff around! To be honest I may just keep the stock manifold in place and buy a Tegiwa catback. I really want something quiet. Apparently the 2 silencer Piper with twin tailpipe is quiet too and looks like OEM.
  89. Tanny

Aah no worries man. I’ve been in that boat too previously and had to wait until last month before I got my EP3. Wish you all the best.
  90. Tanny

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

Thanks guys. I need something to compare the car to. I don’t know if mine is normal or stiffer than it should be. It catches halfway between the floor and top of pedal travel.
  91. Tanny

Hoe come you're selling?
  92. Tanny

Sports cat with OEM cat back - noisy?

This is a little off-putting. I was hoping it would be a fit and forget solution. Would the car behave ok with a sports cat if mapped with a decat? To be honest one reason why I was interested in the Pipe manifold with cat is to reduce noise. I hate rasp.
  93. Tanny

Fuel filter change

Thanks Shoonk. Mines on 66k mikes at the moment. I’m going to change plugs, fuel filter and get valve clearances done soon.
  94. Tanny

Fuel filter change

Thanks mate. I don’t know why it double posted!
  95. Tanny

Eibach pro kit E10-40-001-01-22 for the ep3

I’m seriously considering selling my EP3 premier and replacing with a modern FN2 as I think it may suit my motorway commute better. But worried I may miss the awesome rawness of the EP3! The cars also only done 66k so will be hard to find another like this if I ever change my mind. Confused.
  96. Tanny

Eibach pro kit E10-40-001-01-22 for the ep3

I understand. What was your experience of the springs on the FN2? On a side note how does it feel coming from an FN2 to an EP3?
  97. Tanny

Fuel filter change

Hey Mike. Did you notice any difference in the way the car drove with the new filter?
  98. Tanny

Quaife ATB on stock EP3

Just an update I went ahead and bought a brand new Quaife ATB and OEM Honda bearings from Momentum Motorsport. Now thinking if I should fit immediately or wait until the clutch needs doing? I thought my clutch was faulty but realised the pedal stiffness was due to me being used to low mileage...
  99. Tanny

20k miles on a clutch reasonable?

20k miles sounds way too early mate. Was the car thrashed as soon as the new clutch was fitted or was it properly bedded in? It may not be the clutch but a cylinder. Sadly it'll have to be opened up to check properly. But I'm sure a specialist would figure out the issue once and for all.
Back