• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. garysan

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

Can't comment on the facelift FK8 as I've never driven one but I can pass judgement on the Alcantara wheel which seems to be getting bad press on this thread... I've got one on my other car and it's lovely. Yes, they do require that bit more attention than a regular leather wheel but providing...
  2. garysan

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I wasn't really turned on to the Supra until the updated one had been tested & reviewed as they seem to have addressed a lot of the foibles that were bemoaned in the original incarnation. I had heard a rumour that they might do a special 'run out' version of the Supra with an M designated...
  3. garysan

The only thing on my radar as a possible replacement is the A90 Supra but haven't even taken the time to sit in one yet so... Don't like the look of any of the new 11th Gen renders and as of right now, the most likely outcome would be to keep the car at the end of its PCP. When you have a...
  4. garysan

Saw a GR Yaris parked on the side of the road a couple of weeks ago (in white). It looked 'just right' and had some serious road presence just sat there covered in rain drops under the streetlights. We spent a while looking round it and taking a few iPhone pics. I liked it a lot but I like 4...
  5. garysan

I noticed they didn't swap drivers around in this vid... Launching a FWD well is a special skillset and perhaps the driver of the Civic just isn't very good at it. Not saying I am by any means but AWD is much more a plant your foot and forget kinda thing whereas some finesse is required with the...
  6. garysan

EP3 Buying/financing your Type R

I didn't know this either. Well worth remembering for next time methinks.
  7. garysan

That is a really, really good deal there buddy - especially considering how much they've gone up since I bought mine last year. Seriously well done! :smt041
  8. garysan

I'm stock power but looking forward to switching the tyres out for these when the time comes. Did you stick with 245/30 or up the width and profile to 255/35 as I've heard many do?
  9. garysan

It matters not either way I just inferred from the images and how you said what you said that you saw the car but didn't speak to the guy. Like I said, it's of no consequence.
  10. garysan

You should have said hello and had a chat. Doesn't everyone like (or at least appreciate) some validation of a new car purchase from like minded petrolheads...?
  11. garysan

Amen to that brother :smt041
  12. garysan

Yeah just flick the wing/fender with your fingernail - just don't do it too hard! :p
  13. garysan

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Fitted my FK8 perfectly.... From my original online order: "K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Panel Replacement Filter: 2017-2019 (Civic Type R)" Not to mention Tegiwa are selling exact same part number as the one I bought, for FK8 (33-5070).
  14. garysan

The affixing thing is only when the bolt, screw or whatever alters the appearance of the letters - you know how some people stick a black plastic screw cap in-between an 0 to make it look like an 8 or some such. I always stick my plates on simply because I think it looks cleaner :)
  15. garysan

:smt118 I love me an Rx7...
  16. garysan

Yes the K&N does make more sound compared to stock but not anything like what the PRL does (and I assume others like Takeda, Eventuri, Injen, etc). If you DM me your address, I'll send you my K&N which I had for about 3,000 miles before replacing with the PRL - my good deed for the day :D/
  17. garysan

Mine is 69 plate and it went in for service a couple of months with no mention of it - also have HKS exhaust on now. They can't deny a claim for anything not clearly related to a mod you've done. Air-con goes pop, they can't get away with denying a claim because of an intake, etc. I'd always...
  18. garysan

I can heartily recommend getting an intake for it. Really gives it bags more character on acceleration and upshifts, especially at high revs - whoosh's and snorts, etc. I've got PRL High Volume Intake - took about an hour to fit (I'm a novice with such things). Would never go back to stock...
  19. garysan

Good work sir! You'll be delighted I have no doubt :D
  20. garysan

M135i but a lot of other models have the same 'feature'.
  21. garysan

This ^^^ Don't wait for a facelift as the differences between them you'd be hard pressed to ascertain if you back'd to back the two. The facelift version has that God-awful fake engine noise piped into the cabin and from my experience with my BMW, it just winds you up and grates after a...
  22. garysan

I got about £3k off the cost of my brand new 69 plate Type R on PCP. It was hard work, much harder than previous BMW's I've bought but don't think I could have done any better. Honda definitely not as willing as BMW in this regard.
  23. garysan

FK8 2019 FK8 Infotainment System

Sorry if this has been covered already somewhere but is it possible to have the incoming call ringing volume and actual voice volume set differently (I'm using CarPlay and realise it might actually be a setting on the iPhone)? I find if I turn the volume up so I can hear the person who's...
  24. garysan

FK8 Fk8 and discounts?

Sorry but you lost me at '3 pot'... :lol:
  25. garysan

Far better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission... When she asks how much it was, just laugh a little and say "I'm not telling you..."
  26. garysan

FK2 - Sunday car cleaning

Your FK2 looks gorgeous in the blue. 3hrs - sounds like one of my washes... :D Interesting comments re: FK2 vs FK8.... In hindsight I should have probably test drove an FK2 back to back to feel differences before buying my FK8. The looks of the earlier one have grown on me a bit over time but...
  27. garysan

Possible convert from German to Jap...

I started looking at Type-R's back in early May - partly off the back of a road trip I took with my nephew who has a little FWD hatchback (a pretty heavily modified C2 VTS & I have M135i with just suspension mods). We drove all over Scotland for a few days, not quite NC500 but roads of my own...
  28. garysan

If you can rinse the roof of a white car and then dry it before a few black beetles land upon it (this takes less than 3 seconds) then you're using some strange time machine type drying technique and I bow before your car-detailing prowess.
  29. garysan

I'd much rather have the cup holder thing than the bench seat with no middle belt.
  30. garysan

Tell me about it. My other car is white and washing and drying in the summer is ridiculous with all the little corpses that get dragged across it when trying to dry the thing...
  31. garysan

Gentlemen... Honda absolutely bringing out a special edition version of the Type R with carbon roof, better sat-nav, improved rear seating and will be available in Phoenix Yellow as an option. I know this for certain as I've waited since May for this damn thing to appear and eventually gave up...
  32. garysan

FK8 Brake swaying/wobble

Could be brake bias. We've just changed the wife's mini which did the exact same thing. Fine at moderate speed but once you get up to 90+ leptons and came on the brakes (not hard, just normal) it would feel a little like the thing wanted to swap ends. Car went in for its first service a couple...
  33. garysan

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

Yes and am currently waiting for dealers to come back but realistically, that was always going to be my 2nd/non-preferred option. No disrespect to anyone using CarWow but I tend to find F2F dealing garners the best results both financially and relationship-wise going forward than generic web...
  34. garysan

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

Thanks. I'm based in South Lincs but will travel most anywhere for the right deal TBH. I'll put a call in David and see what he comes back with.
  35. garysan

FK8 New Car PCP Buying

Hey guys, New to this forum and coming from M135i that I've had for nearly 4 years. Am looking to buy a new Type R GT and wondered if anyone knew of any 'tame' dealers who were open to giving support/discount on new cars and what sort of discount I should be aiming for? Looking at a 4 year...
Back