• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jakabi

Jakabi's FN2 (2011) Build

Same part codes as the FD2 mate. Grinspeed fitted them and as I recall they were a touch short so they used the original top mounts\bolts ... installed ok though.
  2. jakabi

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

Lovely motor, be like new when you have finished with it :) Out of interest, what did it set you back with all the fees and delivery?
  3. jakabi

FN2 FN2 upgrade advice

In terms of manifold, after some research I opted for the piper because the cat is in a similar place to OEM. The further away the cat is from the engine (i.e. b pipe), the harder it will be for it to get hot enough to pass the mot. Having said that, I don't think I'm going to fit it because...
  4. jakabi

Thanks, I was reading your thread the other day too, lovely colour! Progress has stopped for the moment as its way too cold to be messing with it. Couldn't feel my hands after spending half an hour putting the christmas lights up yesterday :) What did you pay for your geo at Honda HQ btw?
  5. jakabi

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Hey Chris, loving the FD2, had a deposit down on one but the insurance was a deal breaker :( Just out of interest, what is your routine when garaging as I'm probably going to do the same as I don't fancy tracking it in this wonderful weather! Do you use a cover? Disconnect the negative? Start...
  6. jakabi

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

650bhp civic on a track! :eek: ... Think I'd be scared just to floor it in a straight line! Amazing cars pal!
  7. jakabi

You are right, the ideal is 10 deg but you can go to 45 deg according to TRS .. http://totalrestraint.mc.rhp.io/@@content/pub/rtc/document/Instructions%20Single%20Seater%20A5.pdf I didn't actually use it on the track day come to think of it. I wasn't really pushing it and seat belt was fine...
  8. jakabi

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Just had a good nosey through all your FK2 pics and they are really growing on me now they have been around for a few years. I might be in the market for a black edition next year so if you decide to move to an FK8 give me a shout! ;)
  9. jakabi

Small update as not a lot done due to the lovely weather. Clutch fluid is now flushed and renewed with RBF 600 and new Bosch pollen filter dropped in ... so that is pretty much all the fluids and filters on the car done and dusted. I have to say the clutch felt instantly smoother/better after...
  10. jakabi

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Coming along nicely fella, wish I was brave enough (and had the time) to take on an EP3 :) I'll be tackling some more rusty bits on mine in the new year.
  11. jakabi

Got the interior finally sorted ready for its first full track day later this week at Oulton Park. So I wanted to lose as much weight as possible but retain the ability to put it back to stock quickly (< 1 hour). So no ripping out plastics and door cards etc etc. Decided to pull all the seats...
  12. jakabi

Shocks- SACHS V KYB

I put koni yellow adjustables on the rear of my fn2, yet to do the fronts. Rears were 260 from larkspeed, think the fronts are a bit more. Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  13. jakabi

Back in business from my day at Curborough :) ... from these ... to these ... £78 a corner from Costco and service was top notch as always. There were a few cars already in the bay but they fit them in for me and were done and dusted in about 30 mins ... rang me just as we were paying for...
  14. jakabi

The search is over...

Ah, yeah you are probably right. Personally, I think the front end looks better without the fog lights.
  15. jakabi

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

I'm sure I'm not the only one but when reading through your build I just wish I had the time and patience to build something like what you have ... you should be proud of what you have achieved with it especially on a driveway! Nice meeting you last week at Curborough by the way, the 30th is...
  16. jakabi

The search is over...

Nice, looks very clean! Are those scoops where the fog lights should be? (can't tell from the pic) Any mods?
  17. jakabi

Harness back in its box until I get a seat and harness bar sorted ... didnt even realise the harness holes on a standard seat are just for show .. thanks for the advice @NYA Back at Grinspeed tomorrow for a couple of small jobs, gearbox oil change and fuel filter change (dont think either...
  18. jakabi

Thanks for the advice. I had looked at the angles and TRS state 10 to 45 deg (with 10 being preferred). I know its not ideal (hence I'll be using my normal seat belt most of the time), I just wanted a harness to stop me sliding around on track. Trying to keep the car as close to OEM as...
  19. jakabi

A few more bits completed. Back seats removed, spare wheel removed and TRS harness fitted. The eye bolt next to the centre console was a squeeze, but it just fit without 1mm to spare! ... Door side ... Could only get 1 bolt in the rear, which sits in the seatbelt location hole. I've...
  20. jakabi

Sandwich plate and HAMP short filter now fitted ... 1st sensor - Oil pressure Idle when fully warmed up showing about 1.5 bar \ 22 psi Full throttle full warmed up showing about 5.9 bar \ 85 psi 2nd sensor - Oil temp Consistently between 85-90 deg C on the motorway and in traffic. I didn't...
  21. jakabi

They changed the oil pump on the FN2 and added a 4/5kg balance shaft to keep things nice and quiet ... by swapping this out the engine spins up quicker throughout the whole rev range especially top end on high cam. EP3's have a similar pump to the FD2 already I think so no need/benefit as far...
  22. jakabi

Its going on track so I wanted the extra safety of a baffled sump. So while the sump is off it made sense to get the FD2 pump done as it's tried and tested and a highly rated mod. Costs can mount up, £400 for the oil pump kit, £200 for the baffle, £325 for labour .... then you have oil and...
  23. jakabi

Got a build thread going on civinfo but thought I start a thread here as finding loads of helpful stuff on this forum too :) Summary ... - 2011 FN2 GT, Black Crystal Pearl, Factory LSD - Purchased completely standard back in May so only owned it for a few months. Had 29k on the clock in...
  24. jakabi

Curborough all booked up so that was a no go. However, spotted some 'taster' sessions on MSV that aren't really advertised, basically a 20 min session for £30 (+ sighting laps) which is exactly what I was looking for to give the car a run out before a full track day. They had availability for...
  25. jakabi

Nice build, bet you cant wait to get it on track and enjoy all the hard work. I've got Oulton Park booked for the end of October but want to give mine a test run out first really. Didn't know about Curborough, might check it out!
  26. jakabi

Who, When, Where

Thought it might be a good idea to have a list of who is going on what track day and when. As a newbie to track days myself, would be great to meet some other like minded Honda bods. Just thinking a simple table and if a few people are going to the same day just start another thread dedicated...
  27. jakabi

Exclusive Honda only track day

Who do you use for bookings? I've been told Javelin are pretty good. Still got a few jobs to sort out mind, had a TRS 3" harness turn up today but think I need some longer eye bolts. Also looking at popping a sandwich plate on there so I can get oil temp/pressure readings ... especially if...
  28. jakabi

Cool, I'm just looking at booking my first one and found this thread. Does anyone arrange any track days Honda related? I'm based near Manchester so looking at the likes of Blyton, Donnington and Oulton Park. Was thinking Blyton just for a first run out but not sure.
  29. jakabi

Just got my FN2 ready for the track, any of you guys still going on track days?
Back