• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

FK2 Type R head gasket - nightmare

uck im sure it will be grand like, mine is high miles and driven hard and often, so is probably going to be one of the first to go. Tbh i cant wait to get back into mine, been driving me old land rover's and they don't quite have the same acceleration.... :(
  2. J

LOL Unfortunately if the information I've been told is correct the gasket was changed mid life in the FK2..... but to be fair my car is higher miles than most with 68k. chatted with my mechanic today and he thinks the new gasket is a much better job, with the slightly raised piece round each...
  3. J

had a look and it should be very helpful for my mechanic, it seems early 15 cars ran a weaker gasket, that was changed for the one i have now purchased from Honda, so hopefully that should solve it after a skim. Some of the guys on the page had mentioned ARP head bolts, does anyone know where I...
  4. J

You don’t know which group do you?
  5. J

Thankfully mine is still standard, but is out of warranty being a 15 car, so tbh i don’t fancy my chances.... but worth a shot. But if anyone is considering tuning theirs this would definitely put me off from going to crazy with the power. I'll have a look at the new one to see if it's any...
  6. J

Cheers loxy, fk2 type r head gasket - nightmare Thanks again
  7. J

Also does anyone know how i can change the title of the thread?
  8. J

Thought id update this incase anyone else has similar issues, basically the issue was much larger than was originally hoped. I sent the car into Honda and they said it had wet piston, they didn’t know why yet but gave me an estimated quote of £2000 to skim the head and replace the gasket. I...
  9. J

Thanks chris, was hoping to avoid the garage but seems the only solution at the minute as I’ve tried a few things and nothing has worked. Probable that they will change the coil packs, but i don’t think that is whats wrong and they are pretty pricey but ill have to just send it in and see.
  10. J

Hi, new member to the site have had my CTR fk2 for about 1 1/2 yrs now has been great and is an absolute animal but having issues at the minute, would appreciate any suggestions. So basically when i start the car 50% of the time its grand the rest of the time its trying to start but wont...
Back