• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Luke W

AutoGlyn Headlight lens restoration, anyone done it?

I went for a couple of layers when I did my FN2 lights, I thought it was worth it. Definitely paid off near the corners as the shape makes it a bit tricky to get right up to the edges.
  2. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Thanks for that, they're going on the list...
  3. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Cheers, I’m enjoying it so far. After having a van/practical car for so long it’s quite nice to have something a bit more fun to do some work on. I’ll check out those slam panel bolts, those clips are nasty little things. I’m slowly working on cleaning up and painting all of the various...
  4. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Been doing some more work on the car, I thought I'd make the most of the hot weather and paint some parts. The rocker cover was looking very sorry for itself with bits of paint peeling off all over the place and I decided to really go for the black/red theme and paint the spark plug and intake...
  5. Luke W

FN2 Low speed steering wobble

I’ve never understood why people skimp on the part of the car that keeps it on the road...
  6. Luke W

FN2 FN2 paint correction and ceramic coating

It's definitely on the list. Just a couple of scrapes to sort out first, the driver's side door has been opened straight into a wall, makes me feel a bit ill every time I look. Can almost hear the sound it made...
  7. Luke W

FN2 FN2 paint correction and ceramic coating

Still looking really good. Just looking into getting something very similar done on mine.
  8. Luke W

H's JDM Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6/VI - Scotia White

Nice, the VI is one of my all-time favourite cars. Front end looks evil.
  9. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Another little update... I've just finished fitting a Double DIN head unit and a dash cam, which was an interesting experience to say the least. But after removing and replacing half of the interior, they're in and working and with the steering wheel controls retained. I'm really pleased with...
  10. Luke W

windscreen cleaning

Yep, I just leave plenty of excess cloth, push it right down so it reaches the bottom of the glass and wipe it from side to side. Seems to do the trick.
  11. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Another update... I went for a trip to the shop last week and noticed bit of noise on the way back and a very hot front wheel when I stopped, so suspected there was a brake issue. Once it eventually cooled down I had a look and it seemed like the caliper was sticking a little, so I got it booked...
  12. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Cheers. It really makes a difference, even though they weren't bad to start with they do catch the eye now. Thanks. In terms of how I did them? Just a really good working over with a wire brush to remove any nasties and then a wipe down and a few coats of red Hammerite. The logo I highlighted...
  13. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Been doing a few more bits on the car so thought I'd get some pictures up again. Both headlight lenses were slightly faded with some dirt building up along the bottom edges so I gave them a blast over with a 3M restoration kit. Wasn't a bad process at all as they wern't too bad to begin with...
  14. Luke W

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

Just read through this thread. The car looks amazing, nice work! Not sure I’ve even seen an FD2 in the flesh.
  15. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Cheers. Thats what I’m leaning towards at the moment.
  16. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Well I lasted a couple of weeks before buying something for the car... Fitted a pair of Climair wind deflectors. As I'd read on here it felt a bit wrong bending them to get them in the channel but the fit is brilliant, and after leaving them to seat themselves in for a day or two the windows...
  17. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Cheers. Yep, standard decals next to the rear wheel arch and the front grille badge are not present so replacing them both is on the list. There was another sticker the same as the front ones on the rear bumper which I've already removed and polished back to normal, but unfortunately I...
  18. Luke W

Luke's FN2

Ah I didn't realise there was a factory option for black wheels so maybe? The way they're flaking looked a bit like a DIY rattle-can job to me, but I don't know for sure.
  19. Luke W

Luke's FN2

After a bit of looking around I picked up a 2008 FN2 a few weeks back, my first Type R and second Honda. I've spent the last week or two slowly getting it cleaned up now I've got a few decent pictures it seemed like a good time to get a few posted up here. It's covered just over 64k miles with a...
  20. Luke W

FN2 Wind deflectors...?

I really like them personally. I think its worth doing some research as some fit better than others from what I’ve read on here.
Back