• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. chaz1995

K20 remap options

Got an FN2 currently with HKS RSK and tegiwa 70mm catback. I'm thinking a remap is my next logical step. I don't wan't to go decat as it's my daily for long drives etc and don't want the MOT issue. What are the remapping possibilities? I know about marlin from TPW engineering, but i'm not...
  2. chaz1995

'57 Milano FN2 - First Hot Hatch

Not really haha only if the car hasn't been looked after. Mine is fine for colour & not being faded. I didn't personally but Honda HQ did on the service, how come?
  3. chaz1995

Aye, sorry I didn't make it clear - the rattle is from the exhaust tip. The RSK is solid!
  4. chaz1995

Hey, apologies for the delayed response. The new clutch was a far better feel. The pedal response is very soft and light, almost "flappy" in comparison to the old, stiff pedal feel!
  5. chaz1995

Updates! Since fitting the HKS RSK, I now have the 70mm Tegiwa single exit catback. It is a little louder than I expected, but I am considering taking the RSK back off. It sounds lovely, just the fitment isn't too great at the exit end - a bit of rattle on low idle. A well made product though...
  6. chaz1995

How-to Fit a HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit to an FN2

This is what i'm looking at doing next, what did you think of it for motorway noise / drone? Could you hear much more noise over the HKS? The HKS has amazed me with how much of a difference it madein sound. On that note, on another forum, someone stated that the RSK (or other foam filter kits)...
  7. chaz1995

FN2 Cold Air Ducting

Flashy, I tried to message you direct but alas your inbox was full :P
  8. chaz1995

FN2 Cold Air Ducting

Hero, thanks. If you could, that would be great. If you don't need it, i'd consider taking it off your hands if you'd post! I am initially thinking to duct it through bottom of stock air box feed... Is it massively obvious to see that its been done? Did it make much difference from the standard rig?
  9. chaz1995

FN2 Cold Air Ducting

I've got a HKS RSK which I will be fitting in a few months once I turn 25 and renew my insurance to declare mods. Prior to that I also want to sort a cold air feed (without removing fogs.) This will mean moving the horn and ducting in behind the grill, unless there are other alternatives...
  10. chaz1995

They were great. They provided me with adjusted quotes for me supplying the parts and for the service minus a few items that I didn't need. I provided it yes as I was considering doing it with a mate, their labour was something like £140 IIRC, which is amazing. It was cheaper for me to go there...
  11. chaz1995

Back from Honda HQ with a service and new Exedy clutch fitted. Good & efficient service from Matt & Dan. Was a full service all bar gearbox oil (done at MOT) and air filter (K&N panel fitted.) Clutch pedal feel is SO light. Next up is PBS pads I think!
  12. chaz1995

Got a preowned RSK with heatshield in the post for twofiddy coming this week :D
  13. chaz1995

EP3 'Money well spent' mods for the FN2

Ahh, damn. When I fit mine I plan on keeping it in, just because it looked a pain to get it all out. Can't see it causing many issues, and I think that's what Loxy did on his photographed installation. Thanks though!
  14. chaz1995

EP3 'Money well spent' mods for the FN2

If SWANNY got the RSK, would keeping the bottom portion of the stock airfeed (resonator, pipe - everything below standard airbox), provide a cold air feed? That way the RSK is just a direct swap out for the stock airbox & pipe. Oh and taking the resonator section out is a lot more of a faff...
  15. chaz1995

Loxy, thanks a lot for putting this up! Compared to the vid by FNLew, he seemed to take the rest of the stock intake piping out and the resonator box - which seems like a right PITA. Is there any benefit over taking it out? I imagined that leaving it in would serve as a basic cold air supply...
  16. chaz1995

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

That is lovely! Good read. Interesting points about the competitors that you tested. I've got a stock FN2 and a few colleagues have the M135. I know they are WAY quicker, I just love the character of the FN and the interaction needed to get it to go! Whats the i30N like on fuel?
  17. chaz1995

Ah, thanks very much! I've been told the clutch will also solve most of my notchy feeling when shifting - it struggles to get from 1st to second at high revs when being pushed. My friendly neighbour has offered to do it for free providing I am there to help and learn. Will be a great experience...
  18. chaz1995

A few resized and probably low-quality pictures after a recent DA & hand polish and wax. Gave the bay a quick wipe down too and looking forward to getting some dressing parts in there.
  19. chaz1995

Flashy, that looks lush mate. Big fan of the mugen grill and black gel badge. Not sure the black gels would suit my milano, however, just because there is no other black detailing to compliment it. The front lip frames that beautifully - have you had any trouble with speed humps etc? Are you...
  20. chaz1995

Thanks Craig! Hoping to get to a few local shows in February too.
  21. chaz1995

Thanks Wilmo! Yes I have seen a lot about those. The only thing that puts me off about the gel overlays is I believe they dont cover the silver edging of the stock badge, which is the bit which is mouldy and cracking. I think just some new (non genuine) ones from the bay will do the job? IIRC...
  22. chaz1995

Hello all, I have been residing here for a while and thought I would introduce myself. I've also been more active on the Facebook pages, but have found some threads on here really useful and insightful. It's great the admins are so active too :D A few months ago I picked up this 57 FN2, on...
Back