• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Montana

2008 Honda Civic FN2 Type R

Boot leak sorted, trim refitted along with a wash Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr
  2. Montana

*boot leak resolved* Bought a replacement 30mm grommet from here https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DC84H2J/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Fitted, it weeped as before Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Sealed with the help of some carafax i had lying around did the trick...
  3. Montana

Cheers wilmo Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Montana

Good point , may well resort to that. Was planning on using silicone on the new part anyway. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Montana

Located the source of the boot leak, the little rubber grommet seen here Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Seems to be getting in with water around the rear light/bumper Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Pushed it to check fit and it popped off and disappeared, dont fancy pulling the rear...
  6. Montana

Lost a H7 dipped beam bulb Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Went for the finest £5.99 worth of Eurolec replacements Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr replaced drivers side Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr replaced both sides Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr As you can see no...
  7. Montana

FN2 Replacing shocks and springs

Definitely replace both fronts (i had the same and Honda tried telling me i can just replace one side - ok then!)
  8. Montana

fn2 sportex

My progress is documented here (post #33) https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?105697-2008-Honda-Civic-FN2-Type-R&p=1408198#post1408198
  9. Montana

B-pipe replacement - attempt 2 Managed to remove the top nut with a 6 sided socket hammered on Bottom nut removed with the help of a 13mm bolt extractor Remaining nut was too rounded so began cutting the nut to weaken it, ran out of time and needed to order a 11/12mm bolt extractor Untitled by...
  10. Montana

fn2 sportex

Hi, They are a stud & nut arrangement on the B-pipe to cat join. I am currently battling to remove mine, i recommend a 6 sided 13mm socket and a set of bolt extractors on hand as 2/3 of mine rounded. Drive the sockets on with a hammer to ensure the best chance of a clean nut removal. The...
  11. Montana

mixing oil...?

It will be fine until you next do a full change. The level is more important than the mixing of oil/potential different grades (in the short term). Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Montana

thanks, did you not damage the stud?
  13. Montana

Did you drill or dremel/hacksaw? You can see on the last image the hanger is in the way regardless of which tool used , not sure if EP3 is that same. Combined with the fact the studs need to remain intact , I don’t fancy having to replace those as it will involve removing the cat I think...
  14. Montana

B-pipe replacement was halted at the weekend due to rounded cat to B-pipe nuts; Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr need to get it on a ramp to give me more access and tackle them again (armed with Irwin bolt extractors, dremel and a blow torch) any tips...
  15. Montana

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Nice car, will be following Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Montana

FN2 fn2 spare key

Conversely , I used timpsons for a non remote key as a spare and despite trying 4/5 times they couldn’t cut it right. Your local branch may be better. At £69 it was worth a try. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Montana

FN2 new member/owner fn2

Enjoy
  18. Montana

FN2 What's your MPG?

180 mile round trip - 39mpg. Outbound - motorway/A/B roads, Return - motorway
  19. Montana

Cheers, i briefly had a Corsa VXR with recaros and liked them, the FN2 are no worse than those IMHO. The el cheapo droplinks i got with mine came with a 2 year guarantee also - lets see how long they last.
  20. Montana

Dropped the car back at Honda on Monday - they no quibble agreed to respray my rear 2 alloys that were damaged during the tyre change, cant fault them
  21. Montana

Front suspension replacement The Sachs front struts arrived, along with some droplinks (ignore the brand, 2 year guarantee) which were added to bump the price up a little to get free P&P Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr First off , this is what we are dealing with, everything i had...
  22. Montana

Roof repair Dropped the Civic off at Honda for the roof corrossion repair under warranty (very impressed they covered a car 11 year 10 months into a 12 year warranty, that didnt have full Honda SH). Roof before Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Roof after (with new window rubber) Untitled by...
  23. Montana

thanks
  24. Montana

Type R petrol engine oil capacity

My FN2 took 4.5 to take it around max, guess i left some behind when draining
  25. Montana

Granted i will never probably see that again, was an economy run to see what it was capable of more than anything
  26. Montana

Odd ? Cruise control and 63 mph
  27. Montana

Service day Petronas 5w40 Fully Synth Oil Bosch Oil Filter Crossland Air Filter Fram Cabin filter Jacking up - just enough room! Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Pre oil drain prep Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Draining Untitled by Montana BI, on Flickr Whilst the oil was draining...
  28. Montana

Cheers , I have ordered the resistor , so will be getting my soldering iron out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  29. Montana

Here is my 2008 Honda Civic FN2 Type R in Milano Red, had the car a few weeks now and really liking it, its my first Honda and first experience of a VTEC engine! Previous cars were family Volvos, so this is a welcome move back to a hot hatch for me (previously had 3 RenaultSport Clios) the...
  30. Montana

Back in a K20 after 6 years away

Lovely colour, looks a cracker
  31. Montana

FN2 - FM Transmitter - rescan issue

Im using it to listen to podcast mainly from my phone, worked perfectly in my previous car
  32. Montana

FN2 - FM Transmitter - rescan issue

Hi all, Recently got my FN2, annoyingly i find the radio is rescanning when i am connected to my FM transmitter (108 FM) it works fine for 20-30 seconds and then re-scans. Things i have tried so far; Turning off A-Scan Play through the transmitter, then switch radio to FM 108 (preset...
Back