• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Gallo24

FK2 P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction

£3500 for changing 4 injectors? That is beyond a joke, did they give you a price breakdown of parts / labour? That is even more of a rip off than BMW's parts and labour lol. BMW Charge less for 6 DI Injectors from Italy, installed and coded! For reference if you DIY the BMW injectors, they can...
  2. Gallo24

FK2 What can a stock FK2 beat?

What cars can a stock or fbo FK2 beat down the straights? Read about a guy on here who destroyed an M5. Any others?
  3. Gallo24

FK2 Need some opinions

I thought these came from the factory as an optional extra? The car I bought has them on, I assumed they came like that. Will post a pic up OP
  4. Gallo24

FK2 Phone Mount?

It does not unfortunately, and I have not seen this done.
  5. Gallo24

FK2 Phone Mount?

The god awful Garmin Sat Nav is really grating on me. Can anyone reccomend a nice flush phone mount that sits well in the FK2? Thanks
  6. Gallo24

FK2 Track day birthday gift

That sounds fab op, enjoy it! Do you still have to arrange track insurance etc or is it all inclusive?
  7. Gallo24

FK2 Oil level raised above max

Are leaking injectors common on the FK2? I just gave my dipstick a smell, it and smells of fuel. Yet no other indicators from the car that anything is amiss? Edit: It appears that fuel in oil is normal due to it being DI, theres a big thread on the civic forums with loads of results from...
  8. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Stock Exhaust Tip Finish?

Does anyone know if the stock FK2 Tips are a matte or more of a shiny polished finish? Looking to clean up the tips, once fully clean will they appear matte or shiny, and any reccomendations on what to utilise? Thanks!
  9. Gallo24

FK2 Making the FK2 a 10 second car?

Nah this is serious
  10. Gallo24

FK2 Making the FK2 a 10 second car?

So, I am thinking of making my FK2 in to a 10 second 1/4 mile street car, what do you guys think it will take to get there? I am thinking this will decimate all after I put about 15 grand in it or more. If I have too overnight parts from Japan. Any suggestions on where to start guys?
  11. Gallo24

FK2 +R Mode Changes?

Does anyone know specifically what +R Mode changes over the standard mode? I know it changes: Chassis / Suspension Settings Throttle Mapping Does anyone know if it changes: Map (Increased Torque?) Throttle Latency (Decreased?) Anything else? Additionally what causes the louder...
  12. Gallo24

FK8 Touch-up paints

What is the application process like, is it literally a case of just using the pen only?
  13. Gallo24

FK2 Kickplate Lost Its Decal? £215 to replace.....

Hey everyone, Shortly after I purchased my Type R, I noticed the passenger side "R" decal came off. So it now says "Type T". I thought it would be a simple case of obtaining a new decal from Honda. Nope, they informed me that you can only purchase the kickplate, no decal seperately, and only...
  14. Gallo24

FK2 How does the variable servicing work?

Thanks, so from that thread it seems clearer. So essentially I can follow the annual servicing, plus the variable oil change via the 'A' service, and 'B'
  15. Gallo24

Ah, so it could be that the dealer has not reset the A countdown, and thats why it is showing 7500 to the next service. Interestingly the logbook shows the "A" "B" style countdown for variable servicing aswell, with some examples of the letter followed by the number, IE 'A2'. My log book has...
  16. Gallo24

Update: I took the car to my local dealer, and they seem to think the variable servicing is on. The car was serviced less than 1000 miles ago. The service menu in the car is showing an A Service (Oil Change) is due in 7500 miles, they said this is in addition to the annual service and that it...
  17. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Does it actually decrease throttle input latency, or does it literally just amplify the throttle position. IE: 10% throttle becomes 30%
  18. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Agreed, the car is extremely balanced in stock form. Does the Remus Responder mimmick the throttle response when in 'R' mode?
  19. Gallo24

Thank you for the response, much appreciated!
  20. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Been reading around and found this extract from Honda engineer Kakinuma-san who worked on the platform in regards to the power output of the engine. You could be forgiven for expecting more than just a 10bhp boost from the Type R’s 2.0-litre inline-four, carried over from the FK2. With wider...
  21. Gallo24

Thanks for this, so my car looks to be on the yearly service schedule, why are some cars on variable and some annual? Should my car be on variable opposed to yearly, and can it be changed back?
  22. Gallo24

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

How do the Pilot Sport 4S perform compared to the contis? Is there an improvement in grip and comfort?
  23. Gallo24

FK2 Has any member had a repair to the drivers seat fabric

The fabric on these seats is so prone to scuffing!
  24. Gallo24

What did you do to your Type R today?

The video you linked shows the Eventuri as the best intake at 348WHP compared to the 330WHP baseline? From reading around regarding the technical aspects of the K20C1, I am curious as to what the effects will be of increasing the size of the intake pipe will have, given that flow is reduced on...
  25. Gallo24

That looks lovely, I have 2 questions 1: Will this inlet improve performance, or is it purely for aesthetics? 2: Will it fit the FK2, like the other recently released inlet pipes for the FK8?
  26. Gallo24

FK2 Drivers who feel compelled to race you

hahahah, confirmed. FK2 gapped a commerical jet!
  27. Gallo24

Easy kill for the FK2, were you in the VTEC zone? Because if you were you should have gapped him.
  28. Gallo24

Are there any pictures of the carbon inlet? It sounds lovely
  29. Gallo24

List of Nürburgring Nordschleife lap times 7:50 Honda Civic Type R (FK2) 7:51.8 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 (Since you mentioned Lamborghini too lol) 7:54 Porsche 911 Turbo (997) 7:54 Porsche 911 GT3 (996) 7:56 Porsche 911 Turbo (996) 7:56 Porsche Panamera Turbo 8:04 Porsche Cayman S 8:04...
  30. Gallo24

Has anyone upgraded the air inlet pipe? I read that eventuri have one in the works? I can see other companies coming out with titanium versions etc
  31. Gallo24

Had some older lad in an 911 Turbo wanting to give it some on the way back on a dual carriage way. He's lucky I am sensible, because if I put my foot down, once VTEC kicked in I would have been gone.
  32. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

I would imagine if the IAT's are getting to hot, the car will simply pull timing. From what I have read, people are suggesting the engine it's self is physically not strong enough to hold that much more power
  33. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

If the engine left the factory close to its limit, why has Honda just released the FK8 Track Edition with 330bhp standard, with the same engine? Surely there is more headroom. Wow, 395bhp is a good result! How well is the car putting the power down?
  34. Gallo24

FK2 America missed out on the best Civic Type R ever the fk2

I'll see you at racewars
  35. Gallo24

It's not how you race your car, it's how you stand by your car.
  36. Gallo24

Yeah, no ones going to try it on with what they think is a 118d.... lol!
  37. Gallo24

FK2 America missed out on the best Civic Type R ever the fk2

Just "another turbo car" that lapped the ring in 7:50 and held the fastest FWD record round the ring not to long ago. It is easy to get lost in nostalgia with the EK9,EP3,FD2.... But the reallity is that the FK2 is the rawest modern hot hatch available. I am super glad that Honda is still wild...
  38. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Looking forward to your numbers!
  39. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

I will give these settings a whirl too and report back :)
  40. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

There is still bass present at that setting, obviously not as emphasised as before. But the audio is not as muddy.
  41. Gallo24

Street racers have no chance, especially when VTEC KICKS IN
  42. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

So interestingly Honda has just released a Type R Track Edition which has the same engine as the road cars, and our FK2 that is making 330bhp standard. Will we be able to get the 330bhp tune for our cars? lol
  43. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

So an update to this thread, dropping the bass from the mid point, to 1 bar above minimum on the EQ settings has improved the audio massively. It is no longer muddy / distorted above 30 volume.
  44. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

Thank you all for the info, I am very surprised to hear the engine is so close to the limit out of the box. Anyhow some very good points raised and I will be keeping the car stock as the car feels so good in its stock form.
  45. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

Ah, my car is the GT version so has the premium audio. I notice the audio quallity getting bad when going above 30 on the volume scale. Bass is also pretty poor What mods have you got on your audio system? Any chance I could listen irl? Haha
  46. Gallo24

FK2 FK2 Remap Numbers?

What sort of numbers are people seeing off remaps, specifically stage 1 cars aka something like intake and remap only. I am seeing figures quoted stating a circa 50bhp increase, does this seem accurate? Will a remap / intake take the FK2 to 355bhp?
  47. Gallo24

The manual says one thing, Honda dealers are saying another. Should the car be serviced once a year, or is it once a year, plus the varied service? Or something else entirely. Thanks all
  48. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

Hey, Thanks for getting back to me. How do I known if I have a DSP Unit on my model? (Sorry I am a complete audio noob haha). My main issue with the audio is the high distortion at higher volume levels, I would imagine a sub change, plus changing the surrounding speakers would fix this?
  49. Gallo24

FK2 Wheel Arch Chips?

Yes the rear arches. Ah I thought that PPF might be an option. Never seen a car chip so fast before! lol
  50. Gallo24

FK2 Wheel Arch Chips?

Is it normal for the wheel arches on these cars to get peppered with chips? I had to have mine touched up prior to buying, but I am once again seeing these appearing. Is there anything that can be done to stop this?
  51. Gallo24

FK2 genuine fk2 drivers side mat

I just bought the driver side only mat from Honda, so I am not sure why they stated they only sell in packs of 4? I think it was circa £60 It was a 4 week wait for the mat though. I also replaced mine due to a hole in the drivers side mat.
  52. Gallo24

FK2 Lacklustre audio?

Hey, Does anyone have any optimised / improved audio settings for the stock system? I am finding a lot of distortion coming in with the volume turned up when listening to certain tracks. Or is the stock audio just not that good? Thanks :D
Back