• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. J

FL5 New Civic Type R

I had my FK8 serviced last week, so of course I asked about the new one. All stock were accounted for , but I could put my name down in case someone dropped out and the price ...... £50 Gs . I said no thanks
  2. J

FK8 Washer Jet Failure

Surely a quick poke with a pin or whatever would clear the jet and it would be all good again ?
  3. J

FK8 Cold start rattle for 1 to 2 secs.

Adding oil to where , the engine ? My fk8 doesn't use a drop of oil and is always on the top limit of the dipstick but I still get the rattle from time to time.
  4. J

FK8 Cold start rattle for 1 to 2 secs.

I believe its a common thing. I seem to remember reading its something to do with a pin attached to the wastegate valve or the shield above it, Someone with more knowledge will hopefully reply.
  5. J

FK8 Making a fk8 more subtle

I've had a boost blue sportline drive up along side me and exchange waves in Kent a month or so back , so they definitely exist here. To be honest even with the lower wing and missing pinstripe you would still not miss it in a car park :D
  6. J

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

I'm the same, the car was brought to use. I've worked all through covid and commute 50 odd miles a day, but I do hate the fact that it doesn't stay clean for 5 minutes in this weather.
  7. J

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I test drove a couple of fk2s last year and as a moderately fit 50 year old , getting in and out was a noticeable chore for me . My budget and uncertainty of the styling for the fk8 initially put me off, but once behind the wheel I instantly fell in love ( I even love the look of it now )
  8. J

EP3 Rear pad replacement

When you receive the new pads you will see there is not really much pad to start with. When I changed mine I decided that I had been way to over cautious. The manual windback "hack" is listed in the honda maintenance manual and can be done without an electronic gizmo. As long as you take your...
  9. J

FK8 Shift down icon

Had a play last night . As GT3 said drop below 1000rmp in any gear and the down shift will indeed light . In 6th gear apparently its ok to cruise at 30mph, seems totally unnatural to me but the car didn't seem fussed.
  10. J

FK8 Shift down icon

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone has ever seen the shift down icon ever come up on the dash or even if there is one. The shift up one seems ridiculous, doesn't seem to matter what speed your doing, if your accelerating it tells you to shift up ( these are the arrows for recommended gear changes...
  11. J

FK8 Inner rear wheel arch liner problem?

After reading the civicx thread general consensus is that honda have used the arch liners from a standard civic hence they don't quite get to the edges of our flared arches . Just checked mine and yes its the same as pictured in link, can stick my fingers through gap, hey ho be interesting to...
  12. J

FK8 Tow bars or not?

Can you not just get a bike rack for the roof. I know they do them for the car.
  13. J

What did you do to your Type R today?

Sorry if its been answered before but does anyone know why the EU front left fake fog light grill have a blank half way down and the US carries the fake honey comb all the way across the vent. Just been puzzling me.
  14. J

FK8 Odometer not displaying.

Pressing down on the dash dimmer stalk that protrudes from the petrol gauge screen will cycle through A,B and total mileage for the car, at least it should. I've never noticed a setting on the infotainment thingy but it could be hidden away somewhere.
  15. J

FK8 New Owner & Floor Mats

Congratulations on the new car. I've had mine for around six weeks and love it. The mats should be held on by little clips that are attached to the carpet, I'm pretty sure I've seen these for sale , maybe Cox honda supplies. They kind of look like these "Car Mat Carpet Clips Fixing Grips...
  16. J

FK8 New Owner

Hi Macky, New owner of 2 weeks here. Originally my budget was for a FK2 because of price and also I thought the FK8 looked too over styled. But after a test drive I was smitten. I have the extra spoiler as well but lets face it, with this car its in for a penny in for a pound :D
Back