• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. H

Front sach shocks Replacment

My front two shock absorbers require replacement as these where highlighted on the mot. I am going to purchase these of Auto doc, could somebody look over the info to see if these are correct parts to order. Website - Auto Doc Left - 313-593 Right - 313-594
  2. H

EP3 Gp front lower bumper

Does the gp front bumper come with mesh fitted like the oem grill type or is the bumper just clear.., hope that makes sense Sent from my LG-M700 using Tapatalk
  3. H

Best mugen replica front grill

Looking for a replica mugen front grill. Whi does the best for fitment, quality etc
  4. H

EP3 Honda oil use at services

What oil do honda use at their services, cars done 70 thou and oil needs topping up. Prob be asked before..
  5. H

EP3 Engine cooling fans kick up and burning oil smell

Over the last few days after driving and even when driving I get a smell of burning oil. I have looked over the engine bay and cant see any signs off heavy leaking oil. Their is deposit signs where the rocker cover gasket seals but nothing major. I have had a good look around but cant see any...
  6. H

EP3 Front light calamity

Well I thought nice easy 2 min job to change a couple front lights bulbs, oh no. Bought 2 new front light bulbs, 5000k white lights. Changed drivers side easy, nooob here drop passenger side into the casing, can I get that sucker out, no. Going to have to remove the cluster to tip the light to...
  7. H

Water droplets from pollen filter

Just vacuuming my car out this morning after having adrive out and noticed water droplets from the pollen filter. This normal to happen, had a little water mark and a drip appearing from the pollen filter
  8. H

FN2 Possible over heating issues

Noticed slight misting on the bottom left hand side of the windscreen to the left of the middle heating vent on my way home from work. Fan was on setting 1 and 17 degress. Temperature gauge was fine. When got home looked under the car and there was dripping water in a little pool around the...
  9. H

FN2 Honda service record

Just wondering peoples thoughts on keeping OEM full service record. Mine is due and has a full Honda service up to now, is it worth carrying this on or do most people look past this now. When do you change the gearbox fluids, this was carried out at honda @ 46164 miles, car is now on 67230...
  10. H

FN2 Service kit

Car is ready for service soon, just had its mot and just front shocks advisory, these will be changed when have the new eibach springs fitted. Their is a service kit on coxmotorspares, all the parts for around £173.89, is it worth it....?
  11. H

FN2 Custom exhaust

Anybody had dealings with a company longlife exhausts(Tony banks) in leeds. Was looking at getting a custom exhaust made and fitted by them. Has anybidy on here used them before
  12. H

FN2 Honda springs

Does honda have colour coding on their springs. Was looking at mine when I was underneath the car. These where bkack with a, I think it was a green stripe running down. If so, is this correct...will look again to check.
  13. H

FN2 Honda OEM Oil Filter

Just wondering, is it best to use the OEM oil Filter for the service of the car and what is the best oil to use. It's just that somebody mentioned this to me. If and when you have the service definitely use the OEM oil filter.
  14. H

FN2 Possible new rear sub frame

Was polishing the car today an knew the heat shield was vibrating on the exhaust.Went under to fix the heat shield, one bolt wont remove..typical. But when I got under the car, theirs more rust than I originally thought, which is worring me. Yes I know I need to replace the shock obsorbers but...
  15. H

FN2 Omg...feel conned

I feel the must conned person in the world right now and I never knew it. They will now..call me stupid I don't care. But all these years I believed that the exhaust on the civic had st/st triangle tips......they're nottttt, can't believe it. Looked last as my heat shield come away. Always...
  16. H

FN2 Heat shield problem..

Just happened today really, noticed a slight vibration coming from the back end when setting off in 1st, going round corner slowly and changing into second then it disappears till I slow down. Looked under the rear passenger side, looks like a one side of a heat shield resting on the exhaust. It...
  17. H

FN2 FN2 Exhaust

Hey guys, been trying to find threads concerning exhausts for the fn2. Any body got good threads, need to info on how people have fitted them, best types, best for noise, fitting to the tail pipes, have people change the make up at the back to look away from the triangle etc Actually didnt know...
  18. H

FN2 Bit of fun on the way home

Meet a focus st mk2 on the way home. Thought I would gauge my car, really surprised me. It opened out on to a dual carriageway and I was behind him to start. It only pulled a metre away till I hit vtec and stayed with him all the way. He was well going for it because that sucker was loud...
  19. H

Water levels

Anybody got a good trick to how to check your water level in your car. Its nearly buried into the car is the bottle. When I had the bumper off yesterday it was hard to see the level. I know I'm old and senile but come on....I tried a few times but couldn't get a exact measure or am I missing a...
  20. H

FN2 Shocks going..?

When I jacked the car up at the front end it lifted the back wheel off the floor. When I did the opposing side I cant remember the tyre leaving the floor. Going to check in the morning when I get to work, cant do it at home because the drive is uneven. Is that the case, the springs and shocks...
  21. H

FN2 What is this..?

Please can somebody tell what it is. Can I remove it, what's it for, is it there to hide or protect something. Spotted a little rust running along there also. That will be getting sorted this summer.
  22. H

FN2 Not a happy bunny

Found out now why the fog lights hadn't been changed before I purchased the car. I thought at first when I started the driver's side that somebody must have had a go before. Got all the wheel archs loose, removed the two screws on the arches holding top sides of the bumper. Proceeded to start...
  23. H

FN2 Changing fog lights

Well I am making a attempt at changing my whole fog lights this afternoon to new. For some reason both bulbs have blown and discoloured the glass. Got new supplied and bulbs, so that is my afternoon taken up. Fingers crosseded everything goes to plan.
  24. H

FN2 Weird roll feed back when I corner at speed

Wondering if anybody can explain what the car is doing when I enter corners at speed. The car feels like it rolls on the tyres when I go round a corner. Its hard to explain, its like if you put a balloon under your hand and roll your hand back and forth slightly. Its feels like the car is moving...
  25. H

FN2 Thinking of changing honda badges

I have seen honda badges that have a black background with a red H and think they look pretty smart. Thinking off replacing mine with these. Having looked around are these only after market or can you purchase oem. Does anybody have these on their silver fn2. If so can you post a quick pic to...
  26. H

FN2 Changing fog lights and the bulbs

Do you have to remove the whole bumper to replace the fog lights. What about just changing the bulbs, surely that is straight forward and no need to take half the car off.
  27. H

FN2 Honda contacts for roof rust

Can anybody let me know how they got in touch with Honda concerning their roof rust issues, any how they went on with getting is resolved. Car 08 66000 full Honda services history.
  28. H

FN2 Wind deflectors...?

What do you guys think of wind deflectors..yay or nay. Was looking at some as my first mod..
  29. H

My new Silver FN2

Here is my new Silver FN2 ride, apart from the unforgiving drivers seat that's attacked my nerve its my pride and joy. All I need to do now is fit the new fog lights I have in the boot. Hope you Like...:D
  30. H

FN2 Rust line on the new civic I purchased

Well was washing the car at work and spotted the faintest rust line on the roof near the seal. Looks like the infamous Has struck again....
  31. H

FN2 Console dash flashing yellow

Can anybody let me know what was happening this morning on my dash. When I was driving to work this morning I had a alarm/beeping sound and my middle dash was flashing yellow/orange with a car sign. It would only appear for a split second, then disappear. I couldn't make out what it was trying...
  32. H

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

Can you get different sized seats or are they the same size. Im just having a few probs with the hugging around my waist. It feels very tight, will they give or can you get a wider size.
  33. H

FN2 19" or 18" alloys

The fn2 I have just purchased came with oem 19" alloys. I want to keep these alloys as I think they set the car off. But my spine sometimes feels like it will pop out of my body when going over bumps etc. Are there springs/shocks out there that can just make the ride just that little better.
  34. H

FN2 New fn owner here

Do you guys us seat covers and what make. Do you remove the original mats or use after market to keep the oem mats clean for later just in case of re-sale etc.
Back