• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. JohnA

FN2 Bleeding clutch fluid - has anyone done it?

Had a go at accessing the clutch bleeding nipple - pushed the intake hose out of the way - yeah right. No way I could safely access it so I put everything back :( Plan B: poor man's fluid change - used a syringe to suck out the existing sludge just below 'MIN' and added fresh brake fluid up...
  2. JohnA

FN2 Coolant: is it safe to use the drain plug?

I've heard horror stories that the cheap plastic shatters and you're left looking for new parts:eek: What is the verdict on the FN2, would the drain plug actually work 11 years later? If not, is there an obvious hose people use to drain the coolant? Cheers, John
  3. JohnA

FN2 Gearbox oil change - all from the side

Just managed to drain and refill the FN2 gearbox without disturbing the annoying engine undercover All was done from the passenger side once the wheel was out of the way and steering was full right Hope this helps someone - my gearbox oil was black and filthy, car has barely 50K (rear tyres are...
  4. JohnA

FN2 ODB tool - any worth having?

Hi guys, Anyone come across an ODB scanner tool worth having for the FN2? Cheers, John
  5. JohnA

FN2 Replacement Sachs shocks

Hi guys, I'm investigating the cost/availability of replacement shocks - in case I need to change them (11 year old and all) Car will only see everyday use, not set a lap at the Ring. Therefore I'd like to stay close to OEM geometry etc Seen replacement Sachs units in onlinecarparts...
Back