• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. johnnyfive

Urgent - flippin alarm!!

cheers, turns out the problem was that the radio aerial had been damaged somehow, so water was getting underneath it and into the alarm, its all fixed now and by a strange coincidence it doesn't seem to rain anymore and the sun's always out. i hate this damn country!!
  2. johnnyfive

Acceleration/power problem

interesting as i've had similar problems, especially in terms of the engine speeding up as i'm about to brake, but took it to honda a few weeks back and they found nothing wrong with it. its due a service soon so i'm hopin they may spot something there.
  3. johnnyfive

Urgent - flippin alarm!!

the rain has set my alarm off again and i can't stop it and honda aren't answering the phone, i've tried using the key rather than the remote to lock it but that won't stop it, i'm currently parked in a disabled space with the car unlocked at work but security want it moving, how do i stop the...
  4. johnnyfive

Air filter - a quick one

10 minute job would suit me fine, otherwise i'll be late for work!! cheers Paul:D
  5. johnnyfive

Air filter - a quick one

it's booked in wed anyways as the handbrake is loose, i just tend to find when i describe something to the people at Honda they never seem to understand what i'm getting at. my mate reckons its the filter and he's usually right so i'll run with that i think!:)
  6. johnnyfive

Air filter - a quick one

not been recently serviced, it is under warranty though yeah:D
  7. johnnyfive

cheers guys. not been on here for ages!!:p
  8. johnnyfive

Air filter - a quick one

My CTR has done 33k now and is strugling for revs, in second at about 2000rpm it feels like it's gonna stall, but then i can take my foot off the gas and it'll get a surge of power and shoot forward. is this the air filter in need of replacing?:confused:
  9. johnnyfive

Alarm again.....

mine is triggered by havy rain, tho i took it back under warranty and it seems to have stopped now. It also seemed to be the back end of the car as when i washed it about a month back, hosing the back end set it off.
  10. johnnyfive

carbon interior panels

I've e-mailed this place about it but as yet i've had no reply, i e-mailed them on sunday. surely there must be more than us two who want carbonfibre bits. carbonfibre is to men what shoes are to women. it's a thing of beauty. http://www.silvercrest-woodtrim.co.uk/
  11. johnnyfive

New gearknob

will Honda sell and fit a new titanium gearknob for my car? mine's a bit scratched:evil:
  12. johnnyfive

My Car!

i have bebo but if your work blocks facebook it'll block bebo too
  13. johnnyfive

My Car!

my works firewall is blocking it too so there's a big blank space where my baby should be...sniff..:(
  14. johnnyfive

My Car!

hope this works..better ones amongst more exotic locations to follow soon:lol:
  15. johnnyfive

Where to get your wheels refurbished

i'm not keeping it as long as the last one!! and i won't kerb them since i'm always the brunt of the "i'll get a taxi to the kerb then shall i?" gags off passengers. the key is to always drive as much to the right of the road as poss, cause all the fricking potholes seem to be on the left. why...
  16. johnnyfive

Where to get your wheels refurbished

any good refurbers in the North West of england/ Merseyside region?? front left needs work, previous owner has gave it a good kerbing:eek: and want it sorted, have wicked wheels expanded that far up north by any chance?:confused:
  17. johnnyfive

can anyone tell me how to upload my avatar pic??
  18. johnnyfive

How Often should i do an oil change

Once i've worked out how to PM i'm gonna PM oilman about some of that Silkolene Race 5W/40 stuff! This forum is ace BTW! i went on the evo one a few months back and some people seemed a bit snobby and patronising, but here everyone is nice and i'm learning quite a bit. the best thing is, no...
  19. johnnyfive

Tinny Rattle from engine bay

Just to update, car is going in to Honda next wed to be looked at, i mentioned the cracked drive shaft heatshield and the guy looked nonplussed. they also refuse to test the car for the vibrating dash as they won't take the car on the motorway, local A roads only have a 60 mph limit
  20. johnnyfive

my car is exactly two years old too, first registered sept 05, so an educated guess states my car has exactly the same fault as yours:rolleyes:
  21. johnnyfive

Cheers lewisy!! i've got to pop to honda anyway on mon to buy the type r keyring, they couldn't sell it to me last saturday because there was no-one qualified to open the cabinet and sell it to me:confused: type r pen looked nice too:) i read a used CTR guide in a mag called "used car buyer"...
  22. johnnyfive

i've got a similar problem, when i first pull off in 1st there's a brief rattle for a couple of second which then stops. i've also found that the dash vibrates at precisely 72 mph and above on motorway driving. how do i phrase that to Honda when the law says i shouldn't exceed 70??
  23. johnnyfive

New Type R 5 spoke alloys on older type R

those are the alloys yeah, didn't realise they were that big. shame, cause they're spot on
  24. johnnyfive

New Type R 5 spoke alloys on older type R

Mine's a 55 plate in satin silver and i was wondering if anyone has the new civic type r 5 spoke alloys on a similar type r to mine, in my head it would look really good but wondered if anyone had a pic so i could see in the flesh:smt047
  25. johnnyfive

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

september 05, 29400 or something like that:D
Back