• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. lofty

EK9 advice

Thanks for that. Would i be correct to think the worn seat bolsters can be repaired or is a complete new seat the only option? And what would you say is a fair price to pay for a good example?
  2. lofty

EK9 advice

Hi all, I'm after some advice for my brother who is thinking of buying an EK9. If anyone has any tips on what to look out for and any draw backs to owning an imported type r with regard parts and service that would be much appretiated. I'm sure he won't go far wrong but its nice to go in...
  3. lofty

FN2 Mugen FN2??

Not even Yoda could understand what this says:confused:
  4. lofty

FN2 Mugen FN2??

Is it just a new body kit? or have they increased performance in some way? I prefer the look of it over standard:)
  5. lofty

S2000 & NSX New toy...

Just google earthed it, place I'm thinking of is Water Ditchampton It was a proper long walk back from Salisbury:evil: Back on topic, any conclusions with the S2000?
  6. lofty

S2000 & NSX New toy...

Is that near HQ Land Comm, I'm sure I've been there before. my mate Andy O'Neil lives near there. i remember a pub called the three bells although it could just be a mixed up drunken squaddie memory involving a brawl in chick-o-land in Salisbury followed by a long walk back into Wilton:confused...
  7. lofty

S2000 & NSX New toy...

Sounds like you have already made your mind up mate:). imo you would be a winner with either car. Whats the location of that picture? looks familiar
  8. lofty

S2000 & NSX New toy...

Better than the DC5?
  9. lofty

wing mirror glass

Whats wrong with the standard ones???
  10. lofty

My Black DC5

You have made the right decision mate:D
  11. lofty

Oil Usage??

I've done 8k miles since i purchased mine and ive only just had to buy a 1ltr top up, although it had a major service in Nov 07. So as a rule im going to be looking a 1ltr every 6months. Not sure why but if you buy a 1ltr bottle of oil from a Honda dealer it comes in a little Honda zip up bag...
  12. lofty

Problems with EP3 - Advice needed :)

My 2nd gear feels a but stiff when cold but after a short drive becomes like the rest of the gears and is no trouble at all.
  13. lofty

My 30th Anniversary CTR (Original Post Updated 07/02/2008)

Looks like it just rolled out of a showroom:cool:
  14. lofty

CTR Speedo Out

Did you realise this before or after you purchased the car?
  15. lofty

Rev limit

Just wait until the next time you get on a set of scales:lol:
  16. lofty

Rev limit

Have a race, first one to 9000rpm wins (so thats 9400?)
  17. lofty

A long old day. Millie was exhausted! Modded FN2

Looks like money well spent there mate, the wheels look :cool: Would love to hear a sound clip of it.
  18. lofty

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

So why did you buy a focus?
  19. lofty

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

So you started this post to prove to people you are more intelligent because you dont fall for "shoddy marketing"??
  20. lofty

FD2 FD2 vs ST170

If i had 20k to spend on a car it would'nt be FWD.
  21. lofty

shell V Power

I agree, on thursday i filled up with ultimate and managed to get from leeds to Dordon (j10 M42) and back again on half a tank, thats 198miles. But then doing the normal weekly drive to work i only manage around 230 miles out of a full tank.
  22. lofty

shell V Power

Thats what you think, if you show them weakness then it leaves you open to more mindless abuse. lol But then im sure your life will go on without a replica toy car.
  23. lofty

shell V Power

Go back with your reciept and demand an answer:eek: They can't "toy" with peoples emotions like that.:rolleyes:
  24. lofty

shell V Power

Did you put more than £30 in? If so you have been had! :evil:
  25. lofty

shell V Power

:lol:
  26. lofty

shell V Power

yeah and if you put more than £30 in then you get a minature Ferari. which im suprised no one has posted about yet?
  27. lofty

J's Racing Air Intake System, Carbon

I find it strange that gruppe M have'nt pulled there fingers out and made an intake like this one, they are going to be kicking themselves if this has a similar or even better perfomance increase than the GM.
  28. lofty

J's Racing Air Intake System, Carbon

So you thinking this will be better than the much loved gruppe M??? Or do you just like the way it looks?
  29. lofty

FD2 Honda salesmen

:eek: :eek: :eek: STAY AWAY FROM SB HONDA WAKEFIELD:evil: :evil: :evil: I would'nt trust them to change my radio stations let alone do an oil change!!. Like you said they are only after getting money out of you and have no interest in you as a cutomer. I now only use Stratstones Honda in...
  30. lofty

lowering and camber!

I didnt say it was your car, just that it was your example of a good looking lowered car.
  31. lofty

lowering and camber!

Not really into lowering for the looks but Funky's example looks much better:) and nickyboys doesnt look any better than standard
  32. lofty

His and Hers

DC5/EP3 seems a popular combination:D Keep em coming!
  33. lofty

His and Hers

We have only owned it for the past few weeks and she is still getting used to it as her last car was a one litre fiesta (sorry 1.25) so she has to get used to the rwd element. I have already had i little look at mods and yes there are some impressive bolt on turbo kits and cool looking body...
  34. lofty

His and Hers

You guys are living my dream:( , i tried convincing her to have my car and then i would buy a DC5 but she was'nt interested. Good thing is the two seat limit is a children deterant or so i have convinced myself:rolleyes:
  35. lofty

His and Hers

Managed to give them both a little wash today after spending a couple of hours cleaning my alloys. Now she has the MR2 she has forgotten about driving mine :D Cant wait for the summer:D
  36. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

So the Eagle F1's are a safe bet then?
  37. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

So you had the pleasure of owning a set? Nankan + poor driving = Ditch finder
  38. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

Overall ive found them to be ok for a budget tyre, in the dry they are fine but in the wet it is easy to scare yourself. let me know how you get on with the spec 2's as i will be wanting some new rubber soon ready for the summer (if it happens)
  39. lofty

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

The technique for changing pads is the same no matter what make of car/front or rear pads. Of course there will be variations, but the principles will be the same. Also, remember your rear pads take a hell of a lot less pounding than the front's. My car's just been serviced and the rear pads...
  40. lofty

Change front brake pads on a CTR.

Mint!:D Silly Question but is it just the same for the rear pads as mine need some attention?
  41. lofty

come on Dynax

so what little extra's did it come with other than the obvious induction kit?
  42. lofty

first mods for EP3

43. lofty

first mods for EP3

From what i have read the fast road setup is not too expensive and i shall try get that done but what about suspension do i have to spend loads to see an improvement or can adding just braces give better handling? sorry in advance you must be getting sick of talking people through this sort of...
  44. lofty

first mods for EP3

My EP3 is currently standard and now that santa has been i have a spare £300 to spend on mods. What would be the best starting point?
  45. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

Thats SB Honda (ings rd) for you, i learned the hard way and now i only use stratsones in leeds they have been great so far. Although the only reason i ended up with these tyres is because i asked for them to swop the wheels for a set that had'nt been kirbed. :cool:
  46. lofty

gear box problems on 2004 type r

I dont think you have been tricked in any way they are reliable but i think it is unrealistic to buy a car and expect nothing to go wrong. I can only recomend venting your anger to someone further up the chain from the dealer you are using. I quote the words of wisdom given to me by my old man...
  47. lofty

gear box problems on 2004 type r

i noticed something was wrong with my suspension when i got it home after collecting it from SB Honda, They tried messing me about so i just took the car back and asked them to start filling in the forms to exchange the car as it was still within the exchange period/mileage, That soon got them...
  48. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

bugger :rolleyes:
  49. lofty

NANKAN NS 2 ANYONE?

SB Honda agreed to supply my car with a set of wheels that had'nt been kirbed, they stayed true to there word but swopped the pots for these aswell, Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with this make of tyre.
Back