• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. 8-ball ATR

What are they worth?

Hmmm £5250 is cheap for an 05 CTR but a little high as a Cat C shunt. People tend to shy away from Cat C write offs. I think you'd be lucky to get that even for a Cat 'D' Why not just keep it and enjoy it? :D
  2. 8-ball ATR

What are they worth?

Some other clubs do 'agreed valuations' for insurance purposes. I know there ar some Type 'R's that are worth far more than 'book price'. I can imagine a situation where someone has spend £5 / £6k on modding and then it gets wrecked and they one get a couple of grand for it. I've been...
  3. 8-ball ATR

Tom Tom mods

Glad you like it, mate. If you are using a TomTom XL then replace the splash.bmp file in the main directory which is the first one that opens when you have it plugged into your computer. Replace the splashw.bmp (if it;s a widescreen) or splash.bmp if it's regular 4:3 screen. Jermal. I'm...
  4. 8-ball ATR

ATR OR ITR please advise!

Well some people take their time to make up their minds....:confused: :D
  5. 8-ball ATR

Tom Tom mods

Just been surfing around and found a great photo of a rev counter which I have used in photoshop to create a tomtom splash screen (That's the screen you see when you boot up your device) Also I have made an Icon out of my ATR to replace the arrow. Just drag and drop them into the appropirate...
  6. 8-ball ATR

ATR OR ITR please advise!

I own an ATR so obviously I am slightly biased :D but if I try to be balanced here are my thoughts; apart from the basic shape, it comes down to the 1.8 engine vs. 2.2: The greater torque of the 2.2 makes it easier to find the space to have some fun. Very similar in fuel comsumption if you...
  7. 8-ball ATR

CH1 throttle cable

Thanks, Guys. Had a good Sunday playing with the cable and cleaning as you both suggested. Now it's much better:o Hopefully the wife will stop kangaroo-hopping down Great Western Road with her mates in the back all telling her she's a crap driver! :evil:
  8. 8-ball ATR

CH1 throttle cable

Any of you guys ever suffer from a sticky throttle cable? It's only just started to do it. I've squirted a bit of oil on the cable and its better but not perfect. Is there another solution or do I need to buy a new cable?
  9. 8-ball ATR

*Newbie* ATR: Pipercross vs. K&N

OK, cool. I'll see if Santa brings any spondoolies and get back to you post Xmas
  10. 8-ball ATR

Thanks. What is Rich's name on here and I'll PM him for a price. Cheers Simon
  11. 8-ball ATR

CH1 AEM ECU fitted

Be really insterested to see the before and after stats once it's set up. These chips are quite pricey aren't they? I wonder what the BHP per £ will work out at? :) I suppose it will improve your other mods too? One of my mates has put an 'enginuity' chip into his Scooby and now has a 400BHP...
  12. 8-ball ATR

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

Yup I'm looking for a Typhoon CAI. saw one on flebay for £220 delivered. Semes a bit pricey though. Just bought the car to need to replenish funds before I can afford it. Depends if I get any big jobs between now and Xmas. (its a quiet time for me at the mo - Videographer)
  13. 8-ball ATR

CH1 ATR 0-60 speed?

Jeez that's quick. I assume your car has a few tweeks? :D What was your terminal speed?
  14. 8-ball ATR

CH1 ATR Lonely Hearts Club ;)

Also tried to register with www.atr.org.uk but doesn't seem to be up at the moment. I've been reading elsewhere that there are some problems with it. Meanwhile I really like this site too. What is http://type-r-scotland.com like? I registered last week but still haven't got the email through to...
  15. 8-ball ATR

excellent - I'll look forward to it! Meanwhile I will certainly flash the old Xenons at any other ATRs I see. especially the red 'uns!
  16. 8-ball ATR

Well I'm Glasgow newbie riff-raff Hi. I'm glad to see there seems to be a good Scottish ATR community. I am picking up my ATR on Sunday so if the Scottish boys ever catch up (or overtake?) perhaps I'll join you some time? ;)
  17. 8-ball ATR

...and thanks for making a newbie feel so welcome, Type.R230. Everybody seems to say go for the K&N on and ATR. These Gruppe M ones seem to be just for the CTR (?) Picking the car up on Sunday and just realised - no road tax on it so might need to wait till the new year before I can sort...
  18. 8-ball ATR

Thanks, for the advice, guys - I'll let you know how I get on. Reading through the rest of the forums it really seems like the Type 'R' community know their stuff. Despite only owning the car for minus 4 days ;) I am also thinking about a programable engine management system like 'enginuity'...
  19. 8-ball ATR

Hi everyone. I have just bought my first type 'R' Don't even pick it up until this Sunday - Can't wait. It is a bog standard ATR and I want to put on a CAI kit. It seems that either the PiperCross PK307f at about £170 and the K&N Typhoon at about £220 are the answer. Is there really 50...
Back